EOF v1.0 Released - Downloads and Info

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Hurray! *fires cannon*
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
LumiKuukkeli

Postby LumiKuukkeli » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:17 am

This don't work in me...
ShiekOdaSandz

Postby ShiekOdaSandz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:54 am

LumiKuukkeli wrote:This don't work in me...

Saying simply that it didn't work "for" you does not help anyone help you. Explain the nature of the problem, and then maybe we can help you iron things out.
Done with year 1 of med school! (Finally!)
Takeda666

Postby Takeda666 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:30 pm

По русски кто-нибудь разговаривает?)
Takeda666

Postby Takeda666 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Speaking Rassia???
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Oh, I have a suggestion. It would be nice to be able to edit the length of all selected notes instead of just the last one that was clicked. That way it would make shortening the tails alot faster.

Sounds like a good idea. I won't be doing any work on 1.1 until I get the Linux version done, though.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:12 pm

Cool. Also, is it possible to put in an mp3-to-ogg conversion the retains the original bitrate? I noticed after importing the mp3 that the bitrate went all the way down to 96kbs from 128kbs. Actually makes it harder to pick out the music =\
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Cool. Also, is it possible to put in an mp3-to-ogg conversion the retains the original bitrate? I noticed after importing the mp3 that the bitrate went all the way down to 96kbs from 128kbs. Actually makes it harder to pick out the music =\

Yeah, I plan on making encoding options for the conversion.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
Notyu1459

Postby Notyu1459 » Wed May 07, 2008 5:50 pm

can someone port this to mac?
FRETS ON FIRE SHOULD BE 4 PLAYER OR MORE WITH ONLINE PLAY!
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PYTHON EXCEPT THAT IT IS A SNAKE!
Frets on Fire lagging?
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu May 08, 2008 12:27 pm

can someone port this to mac?

I've already started working on the Linux port. Once I have that done, EOF should work on Mac as well. I'll just have to find someone to build the binaries for me as I lack a Mac.
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Thu May 08, 2008 7:08 pm

I can try to compile it on Mac for you when you're done. I was trying to go through the code since a couple people asked me to port it for Mac, but I don't know anything about allegro.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu May 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Assuming you have the Apple Developer Tools installed, setting up Allegro should be a breeze. You just have to open a terminal and type a couple of commands and Allegro will build. All the info is included with Allegro in the "docs/build/macosx.txt" file.
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Thu May 08, 2008 7:33 pm

I have allegro installed already. I tried compiling the source code a while back just to see what would happen. Of course, I ran into some errors so I started looking through the code to see if there was some simple fix. Then I saw some of the files required winalleg.h. I assumed that header was for allegro on windows, so I gave up. Changing the source code was beyond anything I can do.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu May 08, 2008 7:38 pm

The "winalleg.h" part is for the Windows file selector, it doesn't get included when compiling in Linux. I already have the Linux version of the program compiling and working. The 1.03 source has a couple of problems but I have fixed those. The only thing I have left to fix is the system calls (where the song folder is created among other things) which are currently Windows-specific.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”