EOF v1.0 Released - Downloads and Info

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:06 pm

I never really looked into the compiling errors I was getting until now. Looks like I had problems with agup. I got a bunch of undefined symbols in the .o files.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu May 08, 2008 9:07 pm

I got a bunch of undefined symbols in the .o files.

Ahh, looks like I forgot to remove the "*.o" from that folder. Since they were compiled by me on Windows they won't be compatible with OSX or anything else. If you delete those the program should compile fine. The errors you should get are from "alogg" and "gametime.c." Those were the only errors I got.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:37 am

That wasn't the problem because I deleted the *.o files several times in trying to compile this. It was some linking error that occurs on Macs. I did get it compiled though, but when I run the binary that is created, i get this error:

Code: Select all

Couldn't load clap sound!Couldn't load metronome sound!Bus error

I'm not sure where it is looking for these sounds.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri May 09, 2008 12:26 pm

I'm not sure where it is looking for these sounds.

The sounds are in the "eof.dat" file. I think that error means it was unable to initialize the sound driver. I had that error on the first Linux computer I was working with. Regardless, even if you did get it to run you won't be able to create songs with it until I get the Linux-style system calls implemented.

If you don't mind doing the Mac port I will be PMing you about this. I have something planned pretty soon but I don't want to discuss it openly.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Fri May 09, 2008 6:47 pm

NewCreature wrote:If you don't mind doing the Mac port I will be PMing you about this. I have something planned pretty soon but I don't want to discuss it openly.

Ok, I'll do the Mac port. In the meantime, I have some things to figure out on how to compile this as a universal binary for Mac. It looks like it may only be compatible with i386 Macs. It's not a problem with your source code, but a probably a problem with allegro or cflags or something.
Eze_2k

Postby Eze_2k » Fri May 09, 2008 6:54 pm

any way to slow down the track like in freetar hero?

i cant find the option
Pardon my crappy english
Songs:
Megaman 3 - Snake man
Megaman 3 - Boss
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Fri May 09, 2008 7:04 pm

There seems to be a bug that has always been around for me, when ever I set the song buffer to less than 4096, it won't play the song. This is kind of a problem for me because songs only play for me correctly in FOF if it's set to 2048 and any higher it's buffering is way messed up.
Last edited by blazingamer on Fri May 09, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Fri May 09, 2008 7:11 pm

is it normal that if i hit play in eof it eats nearly 70-100% of cpu i cant get it to play fluid its stocks
Last edited by holystoneH on Fri May 09, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Notyu1459

Postby Notyu1459 » Fri May 09, 2008 7:14 pm

hey i just downloaded this on my HOME computer (not the mac, thats the LAPTOP). and the notes i create are invisible :( at firt i thought it was that i wasnt adding any notes, but then i opened up the av delay thing and no notes came up on that either, and when i pressed play, the sounds appeared where the notes should have been. plese help me!

EDIT: wat? it works now for no reason! hmm....

how do you selct multiple notes?
Last edited by Notyu1459 on Fri May 09, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FRETS ON FIRE SHOULD BE 4 PLAYER OR MORE WITH ONLINE PLAY!
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PYTHON EXCEPT THAT IT IS A SNAKE!
Frets on Fire lagging?
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri May 09, 2008 11:39 pm

There seems to be a bug that has always been around for me, when ever I set the song buffer to less than 4096, it won't play the song. This is kind of a problem for me because songs only play for me correctly in FOF if it's set to 2048 and any higher it's buffering is way messed up.

For some reason the buffer size for the OGG player has an arbitrary lower limit of 4096. Since I am including the source of the OGG player I can easily remove that limitation. I will put it on my to-do list.

is it normal that if i hit play in eof it eats nearly 70-100% of cpu i cant get it to play fluid its stocks

Right now it will eat a lot of CPU because of the way I do the timing. I am planning on fixing this in a later release by using a different timing method. If you can't get it to play fluid it is probably because the buffer size is too small. Try doubling it to 8192 or maybe a little higher (File->Settings from the menu).

how do you selct multiple notes?

All this information is in the manual (Help->Manual). You can select a range by clicking the first note and holding Shift and clicking the last note. You can also select them one at a time by holding Ctrl and clicking them.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Sat May 10, 2008 5:19 am

Eze_2k wrote:any way to slow down the track like in freetar hero?

i cant find the option

Ctrl-Space

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Sat May 10, 2008 7:07 pm

Ok, I'll be ready to compile this for Mac whenever the linux port is ready. I worked out the compiling problems and have 1.03 compiled as a standalone, universal binary (even though it can't create any songs as NewCreature stated earlier).
Chaosdragon94

Postby Chaosdragon94 » Mon May 19, 2008 5:01 am

I can't figure out how to make a note a hammer-on. I have read the tutorials but couldn't find it :/
Last edited by Chaosdragon94 on Mon May 19, 2008 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
May be starting a "Hero" project shortly, which will have Expert only. I gave up on Level 1 because I figured not many people here played on Easy or Medium.

Also, I don't know if I'll ever fret the Ultra Beatdown bonus songs... I might, we'll see.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Mon May 19, 2008 12:42 pm

I can't figure out how to make a note a hammer-on. I have read the tutorials but couldn't find it :/

HO/PO notes are determined by the notes' closeness to each other. I think normally a 1/16 note-size space between notes is the HO/PO threshold. Using some mods you can set a flag to allow it to be 1/8 instead. Ultimately you can't make a note a HO/PO, it will be calculated automatically by the game. EOF will show you where the HO/PO notes will be in the game but it can't force a note to be a HO/PO note.
ADH

Postby ADH » Mon May 19, 2008 1:26 pm

this is a good program but when i try to edit some of my songs it says file not buffered is there any way to buffer the file?

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”