EOF v1.0 Released - Downloads and Info

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Delirious1980

Postby Delirious1980 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:53 pm

We clearly then need a poll to decide what the E stands for.

My vote is for Edith.
Delirious1980

Postby Delirious1980 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:56 pm

Actually that bug seems to have disappeared for me too.

I wonder if I somehow permenantly selected a note at the end of the song or something.

Either way it appears to be a bug in certain situations not all.

EDIT: Nope its back again.. help!
Last edited by Delirious1980 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:23 pm

EDIT: Nope its back again.. help!

Yeah, it seems to happen after placing notes. I am looking into it.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
iamnoob

Postby iamnoob » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:26 pm

I read the project website for this..... how exactly do I use this program? I just want the basics
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:30 pm

I read the project website for this..... how exactly do I use this program? I just want the basics

There is a manual and tutorial included in the download.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
iamnoob

Postby iamnoob » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:32 pm

What is a chart and where do I get them?
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:36 pm

What is a chart and where do I get them?

You make the charts with EOF.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:15 pm

Bugfix released (v1.01):

See First Post
Delirious1980

Postby Delirious1980 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:15 am

Thanks, that fix works fine.

Another bug and a suggestion....

When in triplet mode (1/12, 1/24, 1.48) you can increase the length of the note using the mouse wheel.

Secondly, when im copying and pasting, I often need to get the green song position exactly onto the beat line. At the moment i have to use ctrl and press back and forward a bunch of times to get it on there. Would it be possible to have a function to do this for me? (suggest right click on mar marker at top moves position to that barline)
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:43 am

Just paste it somewhere beyond the beat line, and drag it back with grid snap on. Sometimes this seems to give minor rounding errors, though.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:59 pm

When in triplet mode (1/12, 1/24, 1.48) you can increase the length of the note using the mouse wheel.

Do you mean you can't? I will fix it.

Secondly, when im copying and pasting, I often need to get the green song position exactly onto the beat line. At the moment i have to use ctrl and press back and forward a bunch of times to get it on there. Would it be possible to have a function to do this for me? (suggest right click on mar marker at top moves position to that barline)

I am going to change the behavior of the paste operation. Instead of pasteing at the position line I will paste at the pen position when you press Ctrl+V.

Also, I think I'm going to make it so if you press Alt+Left or Alt+Right the position line will move to the next snap position.

(suggest right click on mar marker at top moves position to that barline)

Good idea also.

I won't be able to do any more work on this until Monday afternoon. I will release the updated version then.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:12 pm

Could you add support for importing guitar tabs, that way people won't have to go into gt export as midi then go into fl and change stuff around, then could do it all in EOF.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:56 pm

Could you add support for importing guitar tabs, that way people won't have to go into gt export as midi then go into fl and change stuff around, then could do it all in EOF.

I may add some features like that for v1.1. If you import your tabs, how would EOF know which notes to make?
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:14 pm

Uhh, I don't know. Wouldn't it be the same as if you exported a gt as a midi then opened it in EOF?
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:20 pm

Uhh, I don't know. Wouldn't it be the same as if you exported a gt as a midi then opened it in EOF?

I don't know. Since there are so many real notes and only 5 possible in FOF how would I pick which notes represent which combinations of the 5 colors in FOF? I don't know how useful that kind of feature would be. Chances are you would have to resync all the beats and notes to make it match the OGG recording.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”