EOF 1.3 (Old Version)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
NewCreature

EOF 1.3 (Old Version)

Postby NewCreature » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:41 pm

* This version is old. Please see this thread for the latest version. *

* Updated to 1.36 on 9/8/08 *

EOF 1.36 is ready for download. There are a lot of improvements and fixes in this version. Mac version is courtesy of trinidude4.

Here are the links:

Project Website
EOF 1.36 Windows
EOF 1.36 Mac OS X
EOF 1.36 Linux

EOF 1.36 Windows (MediaFire)
EOF 1.36 Mac OS X (MediaFire)
EOF 1.36 Linux (MediaFire)

Here's what's new:

1.36:

Fixed asterisk (*) staying in window title after save operation.

Fixed deleting note with Delete key not undoable.

Added shortcut to access "Edit->Clap Notes" menu.

Fixed Alt+Tab task switching causing Tab key to get "stuck" and cycling the difficulties indefinitely.

Added Y/N shortcut keys to Yes/No dialogs.

Added "Adjust Notes" check box to the BPM Change dialog. Notes will only be adjusted if the check box is selected.

Fixed Page Up/Page Down not working properly after seeking to a bookmark.

Updated the way some information displays in the information panel.

Fixed bug where songs path was overwritten after it was loaded from the config file.

EOF now asks you if you would like to save if you have unsaved changes when trying to exit the program or load another song.

Adjusting the MIDI offset by dragging the first beat marker no longer triggers the "Adjust notes..." dialog when there are no notes on the board.

Fixed MP3 support check for Linux and Mac. If you have vorbis-tools (oggenc) and LAME installed, EOF will show MP3 files in the file selector when you are creating a new song.

1.35:

Removed debug message from MP3 converter.

EOF now detects availability of oggenc and LAME. If both are not available an error message is displayed and MP3 files won't be shown when creating a new song.

Made Shift+Tab cycle difficulties backwards.

Made Shift+Ctrl+Tab cycle tracks backwards.

Changed Song Properties can now be undone.

Fixed bug which made audio stutter when switching out of EOF while the song is playing and the metronome or clap sounds are enabled.

EOF now displays an asterisk (*) in the title bar when there are unsaved changes.

Window title is now properly updated after undo/redo operations.

Window title now displays the track name when loading a song through a shell operation (e.g. launching from FOF Song Manager).

Fixed issue with first note being selected when deselecting notes.

Fixed issue with "Old Paste" putting notes in the wrong difficulty.

Default zoom level now depends on selected screen mode.

Added slight delay for Click+Drag to prevent accidental dragging of notes and beats.

Fixed clapping issue that triggered a clap when starting playback past the last note in the song.

Fixed issue in various dialogs where the edit box would only be selected when the mouse was over the topmost part.

Deleting the last anchor no longer messes up the BPM at the previous anchor.

Added selective claps. Now you can opt to have the claps occur only on specific note colors.

Fixed issues with overlapping notes being created when placing notes at the very beginning of the song when mouse was positioned before the first beat marker.

Fixed range select not working properly after dragging a note.

Made bookmark color slightly brighter.

Added "Song->Seek->Rewind" option to rewind to the last place you started playback.

Starting/stopping song playback is now much smoother.

Made "Paste From" operations undoable.

Added "Fret Catalog" functionality. Use it to mark off repeating sections of a song, paste the notes at the current position, and check for note variations.

EOF will now ask if you want to adjust the note positions when changing the MIDI offset.

Notes positions and lengths will now automatically be adjusted when adding BPM changes and moving anchors. Hold Shift while dragging an anchor to prevent the adjustment.

Added new "Feedback" input method. Some EOF features may be missing from this mode. Also, not all Feedback features are emulated.

1.32:

Fixed problems with audio stuttering when switching out of EOF.

Fixed seeking issues.

Added error message when no folder name specified when creating a new song.

Added multiple bookmarks. Press Ctrl+0-9 on the number pad to add a bookmark. Press 0-9 on the number pad to seek to that bookmark.

Added ability to seek to the first and last note of the song. Press Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End respectively.

Automatic MP3-to-OGG conversion now automatically converts the output to 44100hz. This should alleviate all of the speed issues people have been having.

Fixed issue with incorrect claps when switching difficulties during music playback.

Fixed overlapping notes issue when changing the length of notes.

Fixed glitch which caused a note to be displayed in the wrong position while it was being dragged.

1.31:

Added ability to zoom in and out with the number pad +/- keys.

Added playback speed shortcuts. Use ':' to slow down and '"' to speed up. These shortcuts cannot be used while the song is playing.

Fixed issue with incorrect claps when switching tracks during music playback.

Fixed menu not closing completely when using certain combinations of keyboard and mouse.

Removed Alt+Space and Alt+Control+Space playback shortcuts.

1.3:

Fixed problems with audio stuttering when switching out of EOF.

Fixed some minor rendering issues.

Warning is now displayed if imported OGG is not 44100hz stereo.

Made negative MIDI offset invalid. If you enter a negative value it will be set to 0.

Enhanced copy/paste function to scale pasted notes to fit the beat markers at the paste position. The old paste functionality is still available under "Edit->Old Paste" if you need it.

Fixed keyboard buffer not being cleared when using shortcut keys to get to some dialog boxes.

New and Load functions now remember the last place a file was selected. Now you don't have to browse back and forth between your EOF song folder and your music library.

Fixed bug in Windows file selector which made it not work under certain conditions.

Fixed bug in Linux which made automatic conversion of MP3 to OGG not work.

Fixed bug that made drum tracks display the notes incorrectly in the editor window when using the RexMundi input method.

Added bookmarks. Press F7 to bookmark your position. Press F8 to seek to the bookmark position.

Paste operation is now undoable.

Fixed menu closing when user clicks it after opening it with one of the menu shortcuts.

Split up user preferences and settings. Preferences are now located in the "File->Preferences" dialog.

Added a "CPU Saver" option. Adjust the slider to change the amount of CPU EOF will use. EOF will still use full CPU when song is playing for now.

Fixed bug which caused selected notes to become deselected in certain circumstances.

Added alternate display modes in case the default fails.

Fixed issue with keyboard buffer not being cleared after a dialog is closed.

Made Enter key only place a new note if input mode is Classic or Hold.

Fixed bug which made grid snap malfunction with small snap settings in certain circumstances.

Added support for text events. Go to "Beat->Events" to edit the events for a particular beat marker. Event text will have to be entered manually for now.

Added support for larger window sizes. Use "File->Display" to change the size of the program window. If you set a window size that's equal to or greater than the current desktop resolution, the program will run in full screen. Note: EOF is not designed to be run in full screen and may exhibit strange and unwanted behavior when in that mode.

Added more info to "Help->Keys."

Drum tracks with name "PART DRUMS" now import correctly when using MIDI import.

Added more playback speed shortcuts. Now press Alt+Space for 75% speed and Alt+Ctrl+Space for 25% speed.

Added more zooming options.

Updated icon graphic.

As always, feel free to post your comments, suggestions, bug reports, etc. here.
Last edited by NewCreature on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:50 pm

THANK YOU! ive been waiting for this forever.
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:54 pm

OMIGOSH! FIRST PAGE!
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
arfn24

Postby arfn24 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:01 pm

^

agreed. I love that bit of software.
Dævid

Postby Dævid » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:04 pm

this looks so good I might actually try fretting songs again.....
Might be working on DH2
jiiiiimmmy

Postby jiiiiimmmy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:10 pm

I love this program, but i would love to see the ability to select notes by clicking a blank space on the fret board and then drag a box across the notes you want to select instead of clicking each note and then pressing copy.
It would prevent the frustration of having to copy 30 seconds of a song and then accidentally clicking blank space and having to start over again.

Note* If this is already a function then I am sorry for posting this suggestion, but I looked and did not see this function anywhere.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:50 pm

jiiiiimmmy wrote:I love this program, but i would love to see the ability to select notes by clicking a blank space on the fret board and then drag a box across the notes you want to select instead of clicking each note and then pressing copy.

To select a range, click the first note in the range, seek to the last note in the range, hold shift and then click the last note. All notes from the first to the last are selected.

I can't wait to start using this! Is there a list of usable text event strings?

Edit:

First impressions:

The CPU saver is terrific, and it looks like EOF idles at minimal processor usage when menus are open. This is a great improvement! The interface runs perfectly smooth and I noticed that the default buffer size was upped, which rocks. Only found a couple extremely minor problems so far:

Bug 1:
The keyboard buffer flushes are working beautifully, but I cannot get the ALT+Space or CTRL+ALT+Space to work (Windows). Maybe the Alt code to summon the menus is interfering because I see the main EOF window flicker whenever Alt is pressed.

Bug 2:
I also noticed that if I open the menu with the keyboard and close it by clicking outside the menu, no input outside of the Menu bar is accepted until I hit Esc. This includes keyboard commands, seeking with mouse/keyboard, changing difficulty tabs, etc.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more little quirks.
Last edited by raynebc on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
yoyokid2008

Postby yoyokid2008 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:37 am

Gosh, every time I see your thread, I keep thinking "FoF" instead of "EOF"
\
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:10 am

Bug 3:
I'm not sure if this can really be considered a bug, but in Rex Mundi mode, bass drum is being displayed as a note in the piano roll instead of as a vertical bar. It still displays as a bar in the preview window.

Edit:
Bug 4:
Users like me shouldn't do stupid things, but I found that if I start playback with clap enabled and change the active instrument track during playback, the clap won't change to match (ie. start playback for PART GUITAR, change to PART DRUM and it still plays the PART GUITAR clap).

The bookmark feature is great, I have used it half a dozen times already. Any chance of making multiple bookmarks, ie with a modifier key and numbers (ie. left Alt+# to place, right Alt+# to recall)? I'm not entirely sure which modifier+# combos are already taken for note input.. Keep up the excellent work, EOF is better than ever!
Last edited by raynebc on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:14 am

Can you add solo sections now? Feedback hates me.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:40 pm

but i would love to see the ability to select notes by clicking a blank space on the fret board and then drag a box across the notes you want to select

I'll see what I can come up with.

I noticed that the default buffer size was upped

Are you sure? I don't remember doing that. If you didn't delete your config file your old settings will carry over to the new version.

The keyboard buffer flushes are working beautifully, but I cannot get the ALT+Space or CTRL+ALT+Space to work (Windows). Maybe the Alt code to summon the menus is interfering because I see the main EOF window flicker whenever Alt is pressed.

Silly me, I forgot to test that feature :(

I also noticed that if I open the menu with the keyboard and close it by clicking outside the menu, no input outside of the Menu bar is accepted until I hit Esc.

I didn't notice that before when I was testing.

I'm not sure if this can really be considered a bug, but in Rex Mundi mode, bass drum is being displayed as a note in the piano roll instead of as a vertical bar.

It's not a bug, I did it that way to make things more consistent.

if I start playback with clap enabled and change the active instrument track during playback, the clap won't change to match (ie. start playback for PART GUITAR, change to PART DRUM and it still plays the PART GUITAR clap).

The claps are calculated when you press play. I didn't think you could switch the track during playback.

Can you add solo sections now?

Yes, use the Text Events. I don't know the exact commands for a solo but I think you add something like "solo_on" for the start and "solo_off" for the end.

I will be working on those bugs and should be posting a bugfix release in the next few days.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
ADH

Postby ADH » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:49 pm

sweet thanx dude been wanting to add solo's to some of my songs but i was to lazy to dld DB.
Retired Fretter
tyros

Postby tyros » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Thank you very much! I'm glad you fixed the "44100hz stereo" issue :)
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:02 pm

Updated to v1.31. Check first post for download links.
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:08 pm

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO THANKS!

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”