RF-mod-3.5 - Don't make me make another 3.X

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:23 pm

The devs already have implemented pieces of the RF Mod into the newest version of FoF, so he doesn't have to work side by side with him.

Do they ever contact you about things in the game, Rogue?
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:16 pm

I have not looked at the latest SVN version, but I don't think they have used anything of mine yet. It's on their TODO list, but I do not think it's done.

-Alex
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:34 pm

I thought I read they had put somethings into NewFoF, maybe I'm crazy.

Well at least they're considering it ;-)
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
TriggerFingers

Postby TriggerFingers » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:49 pm

AzraelKans wrote:Are you working on a "star power" mod? Im currently working on one (pretty simplistic you get "auto star" after scoring a 4x combo) or a whammy bar mod?

Wow, cant wait to see the star power mod. It'd probably be good to just find one of those weird wooshing sound effects u get from powerups in different games, and use that as the sound effect. and maybe just set a mod that turns all the notes a light blue for 30 secs.

in regards to the whammy, alot of people suggest that :;): but maybe if it was set to alternate between 2 keys with the dragline after the note wiggle a bit :laugh: and not try to edit the audio whatsoever. Most songs arent Guitar -> Song, but usually Guitar + Song -> Guitar + Song, so with the bendy sound effects would aslo effect the vocals. I mean like u got a drath vader thing going :laugh:
Songs;
AC/DC; Money Talks Final Version
Click here to Download
Power Rangers Turbo Theme
Cick Here to Download
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:39 pm

i hear RF is working on a whammy and he calls it the "distortion pedal" cuz it messes with voices. and if it did come out, it will probably only be used for GH songs
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:43 pm

ive been wondering for a really long time... wtf is the difference between guitar and lead guitar...

also, its probably not a result of RF mod but how come theres not guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass selection in every single GH2 song?
Last edited by whatakevin on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
v4vendetta

Postby v4vendetta » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:19 pm

whatakevin wrote:ive been wondering for a really long time... wtf is the difference between guitar and lead guitar...

also, its probably not a result of RF mod but how come theres not guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass selection in every single GH2 song?

Because not every song was given a bass or rhythm track, or in FoF case, an ogg file. Guitar Hero only made those seperate tracks for two player mode, but they didnt use every song available in two player mode.
Mgrave

Postby Mgrave » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:51 am

Is there any way to change the color of the HOPO notes? The slightly offblue doesnt really show up that well.

I looked through the note file but didnt see where the colors were set for the HOPO notes
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:44 am

hopo_color = #xxxxxx

-Alex
Drac

Postby Drac » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:32 am

Thanks a lot for this great mod again!

Now I know i'm being a pain but there is still one little thing that could make a better world for us, the lefty :p I know i'm just being lazy as hell but I would really appreciate if you could work for the next release (4.0?) to implant the selection of the hand during the song while pausing, just like GH2. When we are more than two, going back to the menu....

The other totally useless thing. I think it's possible to know how long a song last from the menu since we have the timer while playing, and you added the counter for each song, so I think it could be funny to calculate how much time we wasted our time playing this great game and show it on the first screen. I have this feature on foobar which tell me for how long a listen to music, I know it's useless but... :p
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:47 am

I don't think the left hand selection is really useful in the pause screen. If you did not select it right you are going to start over anyway.

As I mentioned in the past, you can't easily calculate the time of a song from the selection screen without loading the notes, or the song. That's not easy to do. I said i am looking at caching that data in the ini file, but it's not high on the priority list.

-Alex
Drac

Postby Drac » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:40 am

Yeah the song starts over but you don't have to go througth all the options to change it, that's how it works in gh2. This is just a lazy request anyway. If you don't see the point, no big deal.
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:01 pm

im not too sure if this ones a glitch but.

impossible to regain hopo after missing a note???
Rahano

Postby Rahano » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:37 pm

Were can I download FOF 1.1.324? I want to play this mod...
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:50 pm

Last edited by raph666 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”