RF-mod-3.5 - Don't make me make another 3.X

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:17 am

It would also be cool if someone were to give me a mac so I could do it myself.

-Alex
TechVampire

Postby TechVampire » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:17 am

I am haveing a problem. My notes and cassets are -pointing up and down what did I do wrong?
L5j

Postby L5j » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:40 am

the guitar track seems to play at all time, whether you are hitting those notes or not. I am referring to the GH 1 and GH 2 tracks mind you. Is anyone else having this issue?
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:04 pm

You should turn down the miss volume in the RFmod settings menu.

(default it is set to 50%). I would change it to maybe 10%.

-Alex
NeonFlare

Postby NeonFlare » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:04 pm

I´m not sure about GH tracks but does lowering miss volume to 0% still let backing track play when missing?
In almost every custom songs they are same so it might work bit differently, not sure about this though. (just a guess)
Clayman

Postby Clayman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:18 pm

Woo-hoo, In doubled my score on "Drink Up"! Kudos to Rogue:)

btw, I thinks "miss volume" feature should work only if the song and guitar ogg`s were the same. I mean, if you have a separate guitar track, then this feature is most of the time useless, since the point of recreating the song from scratch was to remove the guitar. But on the other hand, silence on the custom songs is a big problem too. Maybe incorporate two different swithces one for the first case and one for the last. What do you think?
Uncle Jam wants you! to join his jam-online army.

Neverhood!
Hizzout

Postby Hizzout » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:14 pm

Thanks! It's pretty funny when more people probably use an older version of FOF and use this mod instead of the newest version of FOF.

Great work!
L5j

Postby L5j » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:38 pm

Thanks!

and yes, I was a bit let down by the new release of FoF, and on the flipside was shocked by the advancements and improvements rfmod made. Overall making a great team, only if you two could be in more sinc with one another :p

Now, to find a practical way of going about 2 players and everything will be perfect.
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:47 pm

Well, i personally don't like it as much on the GH tracks when the guitar part goes completely away. It can be hard to get back into the rhythm a bit. (Which is why I like it at 10%).

For custom songs where it's the same song.ogg and guitar.ogg just lowering the volume was what was required though I did not think it lowered it enough.

I have just merged the two things. I am not sure i want a separate volume control for the two different types. It's a bit confusing, and there are already lots of configurable items to begin with.

-Alex
Vilkku

Postby Vilkku » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:19 pm

After updating from RF-mod 3.2 (I think) to 3.5, Frets on Fire does not work anymore. When starting, it reports that there were errors and closes fretsonfire.exe. Here is the info from the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "FretsOnFire.py", line 69, in ?
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 181, in
File "Input.pyo", line 93, in
File "Log.pyo", line 56, in <lambda>
File "Log.pyo", line 50, in log
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf6 in position 40: ordinal not in range(128)
chesh

Postby chesh » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:23 pm

Rogue_F wrote:It would also be cool if someone were to give me a mac so I could do it myself.

-Alex

If ya want a mac, why not get some spare parts together and build it on a PC. Ya can find OSX86 on torrent sites (sorry, not gonna list them here, but it's the usual places out there) and it runs fine on a PC. Just need to watch a couple of things (USB keyboard only, ethernet only works with certain chipsets, etc.). Anyway, if you're interested - http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2005/08/3937/

Or just search google of osx86...should come up with some howto's and faqs.

BTW: this is a pretty brainless project if you have the ability to look at chipsets for model numbers and whatnot. The installer does all the necessary work (would you expect any less from a mac?)

Enjoy
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:08 pm

sweet. lemme try it out and find some bugs to be squashed once more
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:40 pm

for the mac person-

i heard that you can run windows on a mac. try that?
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:23 pm

holy sht... i jsut tried it and on "less talk more rokk" on amazing. my score went from a 105k to a 145k. lol its supposed to be "stricter" but i guess the multiple holding down thing in the last RF was holding my bak from this potential...

1 bug so far (once again im INFORMING nor whining...)

1) seems like all 2 note HOPOS that go downward (right to left) dont work (only got to test on one song "less talk more rokk" [once again]) im goin to sleep now... bye guys. ill c if i can find some bugs for u to squash tomarrow. lol we are like the scouts and you are the soldier... we find the bugs and u destroy em. u are our new god...

cyberdave- i dont know to much about this lunix windows conversion stuff but i was just thinking it took a lot of time to convert it and RF just releases 3.2. after seeing u do it in like 30 mins, i guess its not soo hard. good job both of u. keep rocking.

still havnt fixed the 2 note right to left hopos in less talk more rokk.
Last edited by whatakevin on Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chesh

Postby chesh » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:24 pm

whatakevin wrote:for the mac person-

i heard that you can run windows on a mac. try that?

You can run windows on a X86 Mac, or you can run VMWare in Mac OSX. Either way, you're talking about not using native PC hardware and it's more difficult then just doing it the other way. Since the OSX86 project is built off using chipsets that they actually use in the x86 macs, you can usually find these in most store-bought generic brands.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”