MFH-Alarian Mod v2.900 - New releases here!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:37 pm

ADH wrote:
BlackJack wrote:Is there a way to have FoF automatically mute song.ogg and guitar.ogg on the last few ms of a song?

I have songs imported from an original disc of Guitar Hero with the help of regular FoF, and most of them have this irritating "click" at the end of their ogg files, that I hear each time I finish a song, just before "you rock" appears (it's starting to get irritating, after 2 years :p).

just open the .ogg files in audacity and cut the end off of them.

That would take forever.
Happ E Nose

Postby Happ E Nose » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 pm

blackfriday wrote:That would take forever.

Which is why none of use are gonna do it for you.
ADH

Postby ADH » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:06 pm

what do you think would take longer cutting the end off of your songs in audacity or coding in a feature to fade out the music at the end of the song just so those specific songs work correctly???
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:27 pm

Cutting the end off of all your songs. Could try and add a fade out feature that you can turn on and off, but we won't add it so it only does it for specific songs because some of us don't have that problem, you just happened to get a bad set of .ogg tracks.
Last edited by blazingamer on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:00 pm

ugo, in response to this post,

1) added to short-term To Do
2) you do realize that rendering 2x the text will result in 2x the lag from rendering 2x the text objects... right? I'm going to make this optional.
3) added to short-term To Do
4) you can already put a "background.png" in a songfolder and it will display if "Song stages" is set to "On", overriding any other stage & rotation settings
5) I could have sworn I added code to auto-scale all background images... have you tried putting a larger image for either of these? I'll check if these screens need auto-scaling code but I don't think they do...
6) That's not trivial. Added to long-term To Do. Don't hold your breath.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:03 pm

myfingershurt wrote:2) you do realize that rendering 2x the text will result in 2x the lag from rendering 2x the text objects... right? I'm going to make this optional.

You know that's what the outline feature for rendering text does so shadows will just be positioning it differently, besides, I set you the code that adds that so no worries.
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:56 pm

@translators:
I've updated this messages.pot based on BlackJack's post*.

@MFH: I've updated the patch to*.

(* beware of your browser cache)
Last edited by evilynux on Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ugo247548

Postby ugo247548 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:00 am

myfingershurt wrote:ugo, in response to this post,

1) added to short-term To Do
2) you do realize that rendering 2x the text will result in 2x the lag from rendering 2x the text objects... right? I'm going to make this optional.
3) added to short-term To Do
4) you can already put a "background.png" in a songfolder and it will display if "Song stages" is set to "On", overriding any other stage & rotation settings
5) I could have sworn I added code to auto-scale all background images... have you tried putting a larger image for either of these? I'll check if these screens need auto-scaling code but I don't think they do...
6) That's not trivial. Added to long-term To Do. Don't hold your breath.

Thanks for responding.

1-4. Yay! (and thanks to Blazingamer for shadow coding)
5. I think the game allows the bigger images but displays only it's center part - kinda like with the Pause Screen. I will try making more hi-res images this weekend again, but I'm pretty sure that I'm right.
6. It can be done without using MainText like on the main menu. Just another BG image for those 3 screens (solo/multiplayer/training) will do it.
I'm trying to convince you because it's one of the few screens that you see EVERY time you play FoF.
Let the graphics coders worry about making that screen look classy and sleek.

Anyway, thanks again for your hard work.
Fingers crossed for you releasing v3.000 real soon.

EDIT: BTW, do you want me to send you a full package of RB2 theme with latest fixes and all? I'll upload it to a filehost later today.
Last edited by ugo247548 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:29 am

Yup, that was it. I accidentally linked my GH3-Full to the old rapidshare upload, instead of Mediafire, which is where i uploaded it to this time. Sorry about that for those 278 people that downloaded it already. I apologize. Been fixed now.

Great looking shadow buddy!!!! Definitely makes it look even more like it now. And even closer yet when the Loading screen font displays that way too. Good luck, an no need to rush it. :)
Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:40 am

blazingamer wrote:Cutting the end off of all your songs. Could try and add a fade out feature that you can turn on and off, but we won't add it so it only does it for specific songs because some of us don't have that problem, you just happened to get a bad set of .ogg tracks.
Yes, that's what I was planning to do with GoldWave (that, or silence the end of the files), but I wanted to know first if there was a simple way (since we already have the code to mute guitar.ogg) to achieve the same effect without having to edit my files (which means needing to recompress them with a lossy codec -- yes, you guessed it, I'm anal retentive, concerning sound :p).

As I carefully ripped the sound with FoF, I thought it was the best method and that everyone was having those "end clicks" as well (particularly since I've downloaded Guitar Hero packs from other guys that all had these "clicks", too), hence why I wanted to know if it was possible to mute the very last ms of every song (even for songs that were ripped correctly, as it wouldn't have affected them).

Thanks for your concern. :)
In the meantime I think I'll press "mute" on my keyboard right after I finish each song, and un-mute only on the Game Results screen (to hear the game tell me I'm a "****"). :laugh:

worldrave wrote:Yup, that was it. I accidentally linked my GH3-Full to the old rapidshare upload, instead of Mediafire, which is where i uploaded it to this time. Sorry about that for those 278 people that downloaded it already. I apologize. Been fixed now.
And now we're twice as happy as we'd have been :
-"Oh look, the new GH3 theme is out".
-"Weeeeeeeeeee!!!"
-"Oh, no, it's not".
-"Damn".
-"Oh, look, it's really there, this time".
-"Weeeeeeeeeee!!! x2". :p

evilynux wrote:@translators:
I've updated this messages.pot based on BlackJack's post*.

Sweet. :-)

Nothing to remark, except I'd have left "XBOX Inv" translatable (contrary to "Auto", "Inv" can not always be translated by "Inv" in every Latin-based language) in the following code :

Code: Select all

+Config.define("game", "analog_killsw_mode",      int, 0,  text = _("Analog Killswitch P1"), options = {0: _("Off"), 1: "PS2/PS3/Wii", 2: "XBOX", 3: "XBOX Inv"})
+Config.define("game", "analog_killsw_mode_p2",      int, 0,  text = _("Analog Killswitch P2"), options = {0: _("Off"), 1: "PS2/PS3/Wii", 2: "XBOX", 3: "XBOX Inv"})

//edit :
@MFH :
<li>When you get back from the Songlist to the main menu (by pressing Escape), during a short moment you can still see OptionsBG.png.

At first I thought it was a regression concerning one of v2.985's bug fixes :

++Added black background layer behind background of FileChooser ("Song List Settings -> Select Song Library", for example) to hide the "Options" background still being rendered underneath

Now I know it's probably not linked, but perhaps you could use the same "trick" to hide OptionsBG.png when going back to the main menu from the Setlist.

<li>IMO, similar to the "End Song" option, "Enable Jurgen" (and maybe the other related options) should not appear in the Options of the Pause menu when in Career mode (since, of course, enabling Jurgen there does nothing).

<li>Another visual glitch (maybe connected to this other one) appears on chords 4 and 5 in Bark At The Moon from Ozzy Osbourne.

Version 2.995, default settings + GH3 theme, successfully reproduced in easy mode; the notes are registered correctly, but one of the trails doesn't glow, along with the concomitant fret button :

The exact same note pattern is reproduced later in the song : there is no glitch on these occasions.
Last edited by BlackJack on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Than != Then. It's != Its. Of != Have. Your != You're. Their != There != They're.
LosBadylos

Postby LosBadylos » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:12 am

Well, i was watching the progress of the Alarian(and MFH :) ) mod from very beginning, and its without a dub the best FoF mod i've ever seen.
But I got a one problem, when i restart the song, the quality of the music is worse than before !
Well, i mean i'm chosing the song, and playing it first time, and then when i screw something up, and restart, then quality is worse, and music sound a little weird. Sorry for my English, i really need help.
Seraph_88

Postby Seraph_88 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:59 am

hey dudes...can anyone upload the complete gh encore 80´s carrer files? i dont check this ***** ^^
Queen Fan

German Metal Band ThY WickeD
ThY WickeD Homepage

My Page
http://cid-f9c49fa8a31b2a2d.spaces.live.com/
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:09 pm

new string to translate:

++++New option under "Fretboard Settings" -> "In-Game Font Shadow" (default Off) - will double-render text objects during gameplay for a shadowing effect (Off to minimize lag)

<back to ignoring the thread>
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:19 pm

Has the bug that appears on the note at 1:20 been fixed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNjx_ja3_l8

Using 2.900, newer verions had some weird neck speed problems i think.
etz

Postby etz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:05 pm

death cube k wrote:I have problem when I play "The Pretender" GH3 DLC on bass. This is the problem
0 : notes
| : long notes

up -> down

0 0
0 |
0 |
0 |

both note and long notes come together

I remember it happening on other songs too, but can't remember which (bark at the moon might be one, not sure). problematic notes and it breaks the streak. anyone knows the exact problem?

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”