MFH-Alarian Mod v2.900 - New releases here!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
mva5580

Postby mva5580 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:19 am

Incredible work, you people seriously amaze me. I just can't help but laugh at people who shrug off Frets on Fire as something that "sucks" and is not even comparable to Rock Band or Guitar Hero. It's so difficult to educate people who just choose to not be educated. This stuff is just remarkable, and you guys are supremely, supremely talented.

I have one question. Is there a way to change the text color of the information regarding the solo %, # of notes hit, and the "good" or whatever it says after you complete it? It's a bit difficult to see on the background of the game in the default font. Can I just go into an .ini file and change the color myself?
JDBar

Postby JDBar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:45 am

There was a small bug with the text when I started Frets On Fire for a second time. The Rock Band text reverted to (Guitar Hero?) text.

Reapplying the Rock Band theme fixed it though.
Last edited by JDBar on Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzion

Postby fuzion » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:47 am

poison wrote:i have to be honest... after using this, def. going back to 2.7. this is very, very laggy.

you know, i noticed a bit of lag too...
same theme and everything, 2player got to be nearly unplayable at one point
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:07 am

JDBar wrote:There was a small bug with the text when I started Frets On Fire for a second time. The Rock Band text reverted to (Guitar Hero?) text.

<image snipped>

Reapplying the Rock Band theme fixed it though.

Actually, this has happened for me a few times since I started using this mod (back at 2.63) I kept meaning to report it, but since a restart fixed it I figured it was no big deal and MFH already had enough on his plate to try and debug such a minor issue

By the way, excellent work. Downloading the full release now. One of these days I'll get around to learning python and see how I can help. Personally, I'd like to get custom themes happening to a point where there's no longer a distinction between RB/GH themes. But yeah, I should start with the basics first...
Last edited by death_au on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:59 am

The large font bug has been around for ages, since Ultimate Coffee's original mod and possibly before. I've tried several times to track it down, and I can never get anywhere with it. Just restart FoF and it's fine.

Obviously, BTW, if you enable more features and more objects to be rendered on the screen during gametime that's gonna slow you down if your computer / video card can't handle it. This plays fine for me with all my latest features enabled in 1280 x 1024 and I'm on a laptop with an old geforce 6600 go chipset. I try to optimize things as much as I can but there's only so much I can do....

To whoever asked if you can just change colors of text, no not yet. That is again part of the huge job of taking all the size, color, and positional information for all the on-screen elements in every part of the game and put it into an ini file and take care of referencing it all.

I set out this evening to actually play the game for a couple hours but I only ended up getting a couple games in with all the debugging and studying I did to finish up the guitar solo system. GH1, GH2, RB, all their solos work great now. All my GH3 songs seem to be completely stripped of all text events, so they don't have any solo markers.

To anyone who's not yet satisfied with this mod: I refer you to the line in my first post:

Supplemental instructions: ...don't bother me.

...anyway here's the latest patch:
====>=====>======>====>Latest patch: 2.80x -> 2.805: Download<=====<======<======<======
Download - New in 2.805 (from 2.801):
++Increased Guitar Solo section detection slop
++Added logic to double-check if the player reset streak at any time during a solo (backup Perfect Solo detection)
++Added logic to ignore GH-style solo markers once a Section marker has been found (the two styles interfere and are mixed in GH2 songs)
++Added "[" open bracket to GH-style solo marker filter (gets mixed up with other GH2 text events)
++Added logic to catch Guitar Solos that last until the very end of the song (GH2 - Search and Destroy)
++Added user option for Guitar Solo accuracy display:
++++"Off" will not display your Guitar Solo accuracy as you play, just the review when you finish a solo
++++"Percent" (default) will display your Guitar Solo accuracy as a percentage only
++++"Detail" will display your Guitar Solo accuracy as a percentage and show you notes hit / total notes
++Centered Guitar Solo results text, and shortened display time
---Removed repeated Guitar Solo results in scaling text
++Added required logic to display Player 2's solo review in the correct viewport
++Added logic to prevent total accuracy display when paused or failed (unless HOPO Debug option is on, because I find it useful when debugging)
++Added logic to prevent Guitar Solo accuracy or review information from displaying when paused or failed
++Added logic to prevent Killswitch Debug from displaying when paused or failed
++Added some missing image object cleanup after each song (probably part of memory leak)
++Added support for in-game star scoring system & SFX in GH themes:
++++This requires ghthemename\Sounds\starding.wav and of course the starwhite stargrey starperfect imagefiles
++Added logic for separate overall accuracy and average multiplier display location in GH theme (on top of stars)

edit: thanks italian, that's a good starting list - i've copied that into a text file.

Also linked to Gamexprt's updated neck pack in the first post.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
kingleonidas

Postby kingleonidas » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:20 am

damn MFH you are the man. I can't even keep up with these releases. I was in the middle of downloading 2.8 when 2.801 was released, and now, I just get done giving 2.801 a run and .805 is here. Great stuff.

I don't know if this is a known issue or something that may have been fixed in .805, but it has to do with multi-track songs (e.g. RB rips). For both single-player and two-players, as long as you don't submit a keystroke anytime during the song, the .ogg for your instrument will never mute. My single-player test had '2 Players' enabled, so I chose it with "No Player 2". That was just something I noticed when I was checking out the Jurgen feature, and making him my bandmate.
¬GaSp⌐
Co2Noss

Postby Co2Noss » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:28 am

thanks i was waiting for this release! love the fixes to RB :)
D4rkSh4d0w

Postby D4rkSh4d0w » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:08 am

bug report:

when im in pause menu I can see lyrics of the song :)
D4rkSh4d0w

Postby D4rkSh4d0w » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:34 am

sry for another post, just want to ask if any graphic can get those menu buttons of pictures I take from emulated PS2 version.

Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:44 am

Request:

Alter the HOPO options slightly:

Rename GH2 Strict to MFH Strict and GH2 Sloppy to MFH Sloppy, and make a 'GH2' option with the following points:

Strict Reverse-Hopo (NONE)
Sloppy Note Window (if different)
Sloppy Incorrect Frets (allow)
Seraph_88

Postby Seraph_88 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:57 am

why in hells name a cant download them? removed from mediafire server? did MFH uploading a new one?

can anyone upload it?
Queen Fan

German Metal Band ThY WickeD
ThY WickeD Homepage

My Page
http://cid-f9c49fa8a31b2a2d.spaces.live.com/
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:05 am

BSRaven wrote:Request:

Alter the HOPO options slightly:

Rename GH2 Strict to MFH Strict and GH2 Sloppy to MFH Sloppy, and make a 'GH2' option with the following points:

Strict Reverse-Hopo (NONE)
Sloppy Note Window (if different)
Sloppy Incorrect Frets (allow)

u got to be kiddin right?
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:12 am

lnkk wrote:u got to be kiddin right?

Instead of such a redundant comment, then add what it is you think is wrong with his suggestion ...

Why would he be kidding?
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:17 am

Some people like the way GH2 did it, which is how I requested it.
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:22 am

stop requesting things... thats why i said u got to be kiddin.
thats all i have to say, i'll not post more useless coments to keep this new thread clean.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”