Guitar Hero 3 artwork for the modders. - Who love's ya!!!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:06 pm

No i can't use the same ones. The glow effect in the original game's isn't simply a slight photoshop effect, it's more evenly and natural looking, i am currently finishing the stars. Just been busy, that's why i released it now instead of waiting til everything is done. I am still going to re-do the main screen text the same as GH3, and add the random background code i have if it works right with UC's mod. I wish i could take out the neck selection out together, and just add random necks, using a similar method as the random background code, but i don't think it works the same.
Yeah, when i am done, i will release a final version with everything added together for one main download. I really do like the Rockband mod i've seen, very nice work!!! Although i got sick of the game itself quickly, only cause i got tired of playing the same songs over and over before it adds new songs to play (X360 version.), and that's finishing each song the 1st time playing it.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:27 pm

I messed around with a random background code but I couldnt get it to work right.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:34 pm

Ah man, don't tell me that!? Well, i guess i won't let my hope's get too high on that idea then. Thanks for the heads up, i haven't messed with that yet. Just got the code from a while back, which was written for 1.2.451.
ozzystrikes

Postby ozzystrikes » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:35 am

Thanks for all the stuff
your great doing thinks like this
Last edited by ozzystrikes on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
KidNinjaX

Postby KidNinjaX » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:53 am

worldrave wrote:No i can't use the same ones. The glow effect in the original game's isn't simply a slight photoshop effect, it's more evenly and natural looking, i am currently finishing the stars. .

here's your solution:

Last edited by KidNinjaX on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26103]My Ninja Mod 50% done
[/url] Help out with the mod if u can =)
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:25 am

I appreciate the effort with making a sample, but i have to use the originals, since it's the real deal. The reason is simple. I can't just settle to have an overlayed white circle with a small fade around it (looking like a big photoshop circular glare filter), because the original artwork is SO much more. Check it out,
Look at my sample with the ones i got so far. Notice It's not just a white spot that gradients lightly around it, notice the actual effect that's being produced JUST around where the black line edge is around the white top spot (you have to look very closely), more like the effect of light protruding/eminating from the black area upward, with a small glare around as it's reflecting off the white spot area above it. Like i said, i know i might just be being a perfectionist about this, but i have a very kein eye when it comes to detail, i'm pretty picky about it. I have the artwork already, i just have to separate the files, and my time is limited, i'm just trying to get that finished, like i did with the other stuff. Just be patient, you'll much more appreciate the little details i notice and am picky about in the end, and with the final results. I just won't be happy unless it's JUST right. And won't settle for anything less.

"Perfection consists not in doing extraordinary things, but in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"

And thanks to all for the kind and inspiring words said so far, specially from the ones i know the most. It means a lot to me.
Last edited by worldrave on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ateshu

Postby ateshu » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:53 am

Can't you just use the real normal note Ho/Po glow, and then just make a glow yourself to the starpower Ho/Po. :)
Maciejko

Postby Maciejko » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:53 am

Can someone paste a screenshot of the game ?... or minifilm of gameplay on youtube ;)...

worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:56 pm

Finished the remaining Star Power Notes for the 'notes.png' file and posted on the front page. Now you'll see why i had to use the original graphics instead of just adding a big white lighting effect dot with a slight fade around it. The actual graphics (notice below) the star note HO-PO glare is so much more, and you are supposed to actually SEE the top dot area, as well as the glow around the ring. Thats the big difference. Hope you enjoy!!!
KidNinjaX

Postby KidNinjaX » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:20 am

hmm better!
[url=http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26103]My Ninja Mod 50% done

[/url] Help out with the mod if u can =)
alex_fof

Postby alex_fof » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:31 am

Yeah, I really see the difference in game. Thanks for doing this!
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:53 am

Someone just made a cool Star Power lightning addition with some lightning graphics i grabbed for him. You should check it out. Pretty cool. I so happy to see so many mods coming out, some nice effort i'm seeing done. Very nice!!! Keep up the great work. I'm very proud of Capo and RF as well as Coffee for the great programming they do with FoF. It's matured so much since the beginning. Looking forward to the future, and it's changes. I also noticed BTW that i was missing a neck, or two. I got one of them. I'll have to pull the others i am missing as well. Didn't notice till i started grabbing more graphics today and noticed some i didn't have yet. So i will be releasing that as well as the rest of what i haven't uploaded yet
I also thought about maybe hosting a torrent for all the png graphics files, mostly till it gets going of course initially. What's everybody think about that? Would that be more helpfull?
ateshu

Postby ateshu » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:15 am

It would be very nice, since everyone could just download the torrent instead of having to download all the different packs. :)
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:17 am

Naw, torrents don't work for me.
(I know how to work it, it's just my computer is a piece o' crap.)

Graphic Request Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24983
Lil_Bob

Postby Lil_Bob » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:15 am

The notes look incredible :O Thanks :)

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”