Mod for 3 or 4 players ?

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
ninette51

Postby ninette51 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Hello,

I'm french and you know, the Ps2's drum is not sale in France for the moment (just for Xbox 360), so, nobody program a mod for 3 players

I play for the moment with my PS2's guitar (Joy2key), Wii's guitar (Glovepie via bluettoh) and PS2's drum (I bought it in Canada) (Xpadder) in Alarian 2.955 but just with 2 guitars or 1 guitar and the drum at the same time !

So, I would like to know if it exists a mod to play with 3 players or much better 4 players with a microphone ?

If not, do you think that someone will do this kind of mod ?

Thanks for your answers !
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:12 pm

There is only 2 player atm (played on the same comp), although dont you think it would completely lag if there was more than 2 players, also, dont you think it would be hard to fit on the screen?

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
ninette51

Postby ninette51 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:55 pm

I don't know, i'm not programmer but it's possible on Rockband game, no ?
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:00 pm

ninette51 wrote:I don't know, i'm not programmer but it's possible on Rockband game, no ?

Rockband is not coded in Python, and was made by people who know what they were doing.

Also, it's not run on a computer with other things running, and bad hardware.

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
Interflop

Postby Interflop » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:28 pm

Before we think of getting more than 2 people playing FoF the game has to first be optimized a lot. The game gets laggy enough with 2 players. Any more would simply kill the game in its current state.
Eat Moar Bunnies!
Def_Monk

Postby Def_Monk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 am

It's laggy for anyone with a bad PC. lol. Add in the function and if you can't run it properly, then don't. As for fitting it, create 2 diff possibilities. Make the necks smaller, horizontally and vertically, and fit 3 in like rock band. This would be the "Widescreen" version for people with widescreen LCDs. If not that, create a tiled version like old games used to be. This would be for people with reg 4:3 or 5:4 resolutions.
Simple example of how this would work...
|''1''|''2''|
| 3 | 4 |
/ \
Hope people can understand that. lol.
People who have bad PC's would never be able to run 3 FOF fretboards at one time anyway so why make it so close that they can taste it and then ruin their hopes and dreams when it doesn't work anyway? (And at the same time, make the rest of us wait.) It sounds kinda as$hole-ish but its true. You're gonna need a fairly strong PC to do it and anything else isnt gonna cut it. Why try?
Life would be so much easier if we just had the damn source code.
freedomcaller

Postby freedomcaller » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:32 am

BlackFate wrote:Rockband is not coded in Python, and was made by people who know what they were doing.

EPIC! :angry:

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”