How to port hotfixes to Mac - For Alarian

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:41 pm

So, I have been porting the Hero FoF and Alarian MFH hotfixes, and some people have been wondering how so I will tell you in a nice step by step tutorial. Enjoi!

1. So considering you have just download your hotfix, unzip it. Open the unzipped folder. You will a bunch of text files. Most are named .pyc, but there are some named .py.
2. Look for all the .py's and select them. Go to your Alarian or Hero FoF .app and right/control click it and select "show package contents" then go into resources, data, lib, python 2.5, site-packages.
3. Open the site-packages folder. This folder should be just like the library folder where you got the .py's from. Now drag the .py's into this folder. Now, browse through the folder to find all the files with the same name as the .py's (Example: Audio.py and Audio.pyo) delete the .py file that has the same name as that of the .py.
4. Once you are done with that, close the site-packages folder and zip it by right/control clicking it and selecting "Compress." Delete site-packages.zip and rename site-packages 1.zip or whatever it named it to site-packages.zip.
5. Open up FoF and use your new creation!

Well, hope this helped and maybe a possible sticky *Winks at mods*

**CREDITS**
trinidude4 - for actually telling me how to!
arfn24 - for requesting this tutorial!

Thank you, and enjoi!
I play on exspurt
Gitert994

Postby Gitert994 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:48 pm

Mac mac mac. I think you were the one that said you were gunna make a Mac version of Beat the Fretter did you ever finish it?

'ANYWAYS Good tutorial
Last edited by Gitert994 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:49 pm

Hahaha, thanks my first one...and no that was most likely arfn24, I didn't use Beat The Fretter lol...
arfn24

Postby arfn24 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:49 pm

That was me...
I finished it but never gave away the link...
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:41 pm

lol, anyways any questions or anything?

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”