Alarian mod v2.7 - Full release

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:02 pm

nano - yes, among several other things, which may or may not be ready for the next release.

worldrave - yeah, its way easier to test new code and watch the gameplay when Jurgen plays... thats why all those SSs say that, I can't play and watch and especially can't reach / find Print Screen at the same time :)

Slantyr, thanks I'll see what I can do, not sure how I'm gonna make it work yet.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:22 pm

this didn't come from rb, i thought you'd want to size it yourself i can change it anyway you want. (maybe lighten it up)

does it need fill in the blank spaces in the circle

i just figured it'd look sharp sized down.
Last edited by slantyr on Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan1lo

Postby Dan1lo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:26 pm

DerekDerekDerek101 wrote:Whenever I try to start a patched and hotfixed alarian 2.7, I get the see frets on fire.exe log for more details message.
This is the message I get.

WindowsError: [Errno 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'data\\Themes/*.*'

However,the folder "Themes" is clearly in the data folder.Help?

That error happens when you try to start the game from the shortcut given by the installer, if you try to start the game from the main folder it'll work properly.

If you want, just delete that shortcut and put one of your own, from the main FoF folder.
Magyk

Postby Magyk » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:41 pm

Does anyone know what sound file I should take out, if I don't want to hear the crowd cheer after every time I get a sequence of StarPower notes? (Or what setting it is in the options, though I couldn't find it.)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:05 pm

I had to work on the star image a bit to make it look close to Rock Band's, but slantyr your star image was easy to work with. It looks great... and anthman that wav sounds friggin awesome in-game :)

edit: no partial star fills for now... that can come later. For now just shows you how many stars you'd get according to our current GH/RB scoring method and plays that kickass ding sound when you (or Jurgen) get a new one.

Here's the latest teaser:

Last edited by myfingershurt on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:15 pm

thats freaking sweet, cant wait to dl the next hotfix.
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:04 pm

great work myfingershurt
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:39 pm

Thanks... its getting there. I'm really pleased with the results. I finally tracked down that after-chord HOPO bug and fixed it, this has helped both Jurgen and real players. I also added support for when you get 100% and the stars turn color just briefly before the end. As well as an in-game average multiplier display.

This last feature has brought to light something interesting; the game has always been calculating average multiplier and therefore, star scores -- wrong. It used to count chords as one note, i.e. only worth 50 points (instead of 50*numChordNotes points), and so Jurgen was able to get well over 4x average multiplier without using starpower (we're talking 6.5x). I also figured out how to fix this for the in-game display and made sure the official game results scoring follows the same rules now.

Getting very close to something I want to package and release in a new thread. Here's the latest SS:

The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Nice stars, but RB gold stars look like this: Image

If anyone knows of a high quality ss of gold stars, I would love to rip them
Last edited by rednano12 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:50 pm

I figured someone was going to say that. Yes, but someone can replace the files later with better-looking ones... like every other mod I do involving new graphics :)

edit: if you're determined to make better looking 100% stars before the release I can upload the 3 star images I am using. I don't want to have to write any new code and adjust to any new star sizing / positioning....
Last edited by myfingershurt on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:51 pm

Sorry, not to offend you or anything... :(
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
JELP

Postby JELP » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:52 pm

Ok..
so I just installed the Full version of 2.7 and the game has a huge lag throughout the whole thing..
From the start menu to playing a song.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
:)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:58 pm

OK, if anyone is determined to create better looking in-game star graphics here are the 3 files I am using.

Please use these as templates and do not change the size or position of the star (notice I uploaded the files to a non-picture hosting service, so they would NOT be resized):

Grey

White

Perfect
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 pm

JELP wrote:Ok..
so I just installed the Full version of 2.7 and the game has a huge lag throughout the whole thing..

Are you running a machine with multiple processors? If so, try going into task manager and setting it's affinity to only use 1 processor. Helps a lot.
Other than that... Close down any other programs that might be doing stuff in the background? (I know when my anti-virus starts a full computer scan, that makes FoF lag something chronic)
JELP

Postby JELP » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:24 pm

death_au wrote:
JELP wrote:Ok..

Are you running a machine with multiple processors? If so, try going into task manager and setting it's affinity to only use 1 processor. Helps a lot.
Other than that... Close down any other programs that might be doing stuff in the background? (I know when my anti-virus starts a full computer scan, that makes FoF lag something chronic)

And how exactly do I do that?

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”