Alarian mod v2.7 - Full release

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:54 pm

PQED wrote:After installing Hotfix #24 (previously using #21) I can no longer perform an after chord pull-off (to any note) unless the HOPO is the same as the lower note in the chord.
Using GH2 Sloppy and a Wide note-window.

Played "Muse - Hysteria" RB DLC to test this.

Naturally I reset the INI, but it made no difference.

Can't confirm. I use the same settings and I can play any after-chord HOPO.

If you're talking about the fact that you can't have an after-chord HOPO when the note is the same as the highest note in the chord; you can't pull off a lower finger and expect the string to make noise. It was only like this to begin with because I hadn't refined the logic yet.

edit:

put drum navigation on the to do list.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:05 pm

myfingershurt wrote:If you're talking about the fact that you can't have an after-chord HOPO when the note is the same as the highest note in the chord; you can't pull off a lower finger and expect the string to make noise. It was only like this to begin with because I hadn't refined the logic yet.

Well, doesn't that just make the after-chord HOPO harder? If it's the highest note in the chord of course. You'd have to release and tap. It would be better if after-chord HOPOs couldn't be the highest in the chord, because it's more comfortable to just release the lower frets and strum.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:14 pm

Mucky wrote:
myfingershurt wrote:If you're talking about the fact that you can't have an after-chord HOPO when the note is the same as the highest note in the chord; you can't pull off a lower finger and expect the string to make noise. It was only like this to begin with because I hadn't refined the logic yet.

Well, doesn't that just make the after-chord HOPO harder? If it's the highest note in the chord of course. You'd have to release and tap. It would be better if after-chord HOPOs couldn't be the highest in the chord, because it's more comfortable to just release the lower frets and strum.

???

Are you sure you read what I posted correctly?

Thats what I was explaining.....
ohai
lsapg09

Postby lsapg09 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:17 pm

hey MFH, is it possible to get the Vocal animation, like the lines that go up and down, like in this vid?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-5SbTXgWAdY
Last edited by lsapg09 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Back!!!! :D
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:24 pm

lsapg09 wrote:hey MFH, is it possible to get the Vocal animation, like the ines that go up and down, like in this vid?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-5SbTXgWAdY

Do you REALLY think that's the first time I've seen how vocals look in Rock Band? Do you think that suggesting this is a novel idea, and that I just wasn't doing this because I didn't realize it would be cool?

Nobody reads the prerequisites for posting suggestions, or bugs, or anything. I'm gonna start ignoring people soon here.

I can feel the lack of respect many users have for my time and efforts. When I get a great new feature working, its like you people are saying "That's nice, but what would really be great is if you could..."

[facepalm]

anyway.......for those who appreciate my efforts and would never have asked the question I quoted here, here's another fix.

[size=133]---------===========-------------=============------------=============
---------==============-ALARIAN V2.7 HOTFIX-================---------
---------===========-------------=============------------=============[/size]
Instructions: Just unzip the hotfix into your Alarian main folder (where FretsOnFire.exe and the data folder reside). It will replace your fretsonfire.ini with a fresh one (back up yours if you want to refer to old settings) and various files in the Alarian\data folder.

---------===========-------------=============------------=============
[size=120]LINK TO NOTICES: PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE CONTACTING ME!!!
[/size]

[size=120]To summarize: Please, just let me do my thing and code what I feel like.[/size]

Remember, my hotfixes are cumulative - the latest fix contains all previous fixes unless otherwise noted.
[size=120]Latest hotfix:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ytmm9htcndk
Hotfix #25 - Hotfix Link -- Post
++Updated logic to allow the very first note in a song to start a HOPO (had become outdated with new HOPO system)
++Fixed fail before countdown complete bug:
++++You may now fail during the song start countdown (should you be that ambitious), and the fail screen will now prevent the song from playing
++Added option to "Rotate Stages" - "BackNForth"
++++This mode will display stages in order from first to last, and then from last to first, and repeat.[/size]
Known issues with drums:
-some drum "chords" at the end of starpower phrases result in a double starpower reward
-hitglow for drum "chords" only show for the last note hit

Other unresolved / reported issues:
-2-player fail / rock bug -- Detail post 2
-Track volume bug

To do (besides the obvious, please don't suggest the obvious...):
-Figure out how to cram this graphic into a TTF so I can use it for Rock Band lyrics...
-Display the longest note streak in parentheses
-Display Guitar Solo accuracy percentage on - screen during those sections, and a review at the end of the solo section
-Add drum menu navigation functions (green = OK, yel/blu = up/down, red = cancel)
-Allow hitting drums during song start countdown without decreasing rockmeter
-Test / further fix Jurgen. Problematic songs: GH2 - Misorlou, GH3 - Knights of Cydonia, GH3- Dragonforce, post intro, "Killing in the Name of", Reptilia, etc.
-Add Guitar Solo neck static overlay option
-In rockband theme, do not make 2 rock meter bars, only one and have both arrows on it (2 player CO-OP mode, combined score like RB)
-Add user option to completely disable graphical multipliers and just use text as in Bass Groove
-Add user option to enable / disable Bass Groove on GH-based themes
-Add user option to use a starpowerneckovr.png (or overdriveneckovr.png) for a starpower / overdrive neck overlay
-Add logic to re-randomize and play a different main menu music file after one completes, instead of looping one forever
-Write separate logic to handle individual player's "You Rock" status; right now, if one player makes it to the end of the song, both players "Rock."
-Add some form of version tracking / handling / displaying
-Add stage folder select or random function to support multiple animated stage backgrounds
-Add code to use separate DrumKeys.png if present, so we can use Wolferacing's drum keys
-Attempt to add another audio track for rhythm guitar (separate from bass guitar)
-Add wide bassdrumhitflames1.png and bassdrumhitflames2.png support for bass drum hits, properly scaled and positioned
-Port Hering's song queue / merged difficulty & part selection screen
-Create a phantom difficulty filter so that the game will not show you difficulties with 5 or less notes in them.
-Add hit accuracy average, total error score, etc. review at end of song
-Add drum fill sections, with required green fret / cymbal hit at end to continue streak (or maybe to activate starpower instead) - detail post
---Add option to use the separate drum fill drum sounds as miss sounds, instead of the random sounds
-Add user option for notes to pass over or under the frets
-Allow theme-based necks; if there is a "necks" folder in a theme, then those necks will be used. If not, data
ecks will be used.
-Move all text and graphic positioning elements into the theme.ini so it is easier to code custom themes - detail post
-Add a "year" value to song.ini - to display what year the song was made during start countdown
-Give Jurgen the (in)ability to play worse... allow user to select Jurgen's "skill" level to compete against
--Also add a small Jurgen score display to the game results so you can compare your score and streak against his
----And have Jurgen talk trash to you or praise you depending on the score gap
-Add function to read in manual starpower section markings from MIDI file instead of automatic calculation, and read in solo parts and big rock ending parts:
----detail post 1 -- detail post 2 -- detail post 3

Hotfix history may be found in this post, in case the latest causes a problem for you.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohai
lsapg09

Postby lsapg09 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:30 pm

-Add a "year" value to song.ini - to display what year the song was made during start countdown

Yeah, thanks MFH, I was the suggestur-er, I think?

and thanks 4 new hotfix
I'm Back!!!! :D
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:30 pm

thanks for the fix. Looking at your to do list makes me want to help, but I don't know python. :(

To bad python isn't like GlovePIE. :p
freedomcaller

Postby freedomcaller » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:56 pm

oh goodie you put in the back & forth rotation, ill have to see how you did it :)
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:33 pm

I'm trying to think of a way to get the Jurgen has a Score and will insult/praise you thing. I think I might know of a way to get it working, the only problem I'd have though is his score being added to the high scores.

So far I've thought of taking out the code where it say if uptomytempo is activated then the score is equal to 0, this way his score won't equal zero, but I'd have to add, if uptomytempo is activated don't add the score to the table, which is what I don't know how to do.

Then there'd have to be a little detection to figure out which player jurgen is and then figure out what player you are and have it

if jurgen.score > player.score * 1.5
play jinsult.ogg
if jurgen.score <= player.score * 1
play jpraise.ogg

I don't currently remember how to make it so it will play a sound effect but there is a basis of what has to be done.
Dævid

Postby Dævid » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:50 pm

MFH Keep up the good work!! And remember there are ppl here who greatly appreciate all the time and effort you are putting into this! Just keep doing what you do!!
Last edited by Dævid on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Might be working on DH2
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:03 pm

@Daevid - did you ever show alarian or MFH your RB graphics. I really liked them, but now...of course...I can't get them.
0.o
.liquid.

Postby .liquid. » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:19 pm

Is it possible to have the game do a note count from the beginning to end of a guitar solo, so logic can be coded to show a guitar solo percentage like in RB?
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:28 pm

.liquid. wrote:Is it possible to have the game do a note count from the beginning to end of a guitar solo, so logic can be coded to show a guitar solo percentage like in RB?

Yeah - that was part of the whole Guitar Solo thing, I thought I put that in the To Do list separately but apparently I did not.

I have to figure that all out but yes I plan to do that.

To help this out, at some point someone with the real Rock Band game will have to figure out what solo review phrases are possible and what are the criteria (i.e. above 95% shows "great solo" or something like that, I dont know the specifics).

edit: lsap, I apologize for the rude response... reading and adding the vocal notes to the lyricsheet is something I really want to do but will need a long chunk of free time to even attempt it. It's also one of those things that has frustrated me in the past and I've given up on already a couple times. I don't want to put major things like this in the To Do list because I might not be able to get it working.

Also, to anyone that finds an official song (GH1,GH2,GH3,RB) that Jurgen cannot 100%, please post these songs so that I can observe Jurgen's problems. If he is having problem with a custom / user-made song, please link to where I can download the song to make it simple for me to go through and hunt down any remaining Jurgen guitar problems.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:31 pm

Perfect Solo: 100%, 100n points
Awesome Solo: 95%-99%, 50n points (Obviously, there's a huge cut for one missed note. Imagine the bonus on a GGaHT FC...)
Great Solo: 90% - 94%, 30n points
Good Solo: 80% - 89%, 20n points
Solid Solo: 70% - 79%, 10n points
Okay Solo: 60% - 69%, 5n points
Messy Solo: 0% - 59%, 0 points

Taken directly from scorehero. Great Hotfix!
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Excellent, thank you nano - linking to that post :)

edit: obviously, "n" is the number of notes hit in the solo. Is the score from the solo added as a bonus on top of the score you already got from hitting the notes in the solo, after it's complete? I never really watched the score when I played real RB.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”