Alarian mod v2.7 - Full release

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
freedomcaller

Postby freedomcaller » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:34 am

mva5580 wrote:
PQED wrote:Disable Jurgen.

Thanks man, that did it.

Did I just totally miss that in one of these 336 pages? lol. I'm sorry.

I assume this is on the list to be fixed. Weird that Jurgen Power screws it all up like that. But oh well. Thanks again.

its not broken its what jurgen is...
Newtothis

Postby Newtothis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:38 am

what about strumming on hammerson when needed like on tough solo iv tried otehr mods to where trying to strumming on hammers-ons is pointless
shawn
mva5580

Postby mva5580 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:42 am

freedomcaller wrote:
mva5580 wrote:
PQED wrote:Disable Jurgen.

Thanks man, that did it.

Did I just totally miss that in one of these 336 pages? lol. I'm sorry.

I assume this is on the list to be fixed. Weird that Jurgen Power screws it all up like that. But oh well. Thanks again.

its not broken its what jurgen is...

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean? I always thought "Jurgen" was the FoF equivalent of Star Power.

Color me confused right now.
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:52 am

Dan1lo wrote:Instrument request:

Keyboards

Everyone had the idea of having Piano Hero or something in here since RF-mod 3.0~3.5, and I think ozzystrikes (if my memory doesn't fail me) made a mod where you can pick without pressing enter, as drums.

We only need to do some coding now :p

I know some songs which have piano and are really awesome to play. My idea was to make a fret board with 10 frets, which would be keys, as like G-R-Y-B-O O-B-Y-R-G

which would represent both hands.
The notes would be as large as rock band hammer on/pull off notes.

I have a couple songs in mind if you guys need examples of which songs would fit, those that kill you, etc.

I guess since the drums were made easily, and the bass is already there, putting up a piano wouldn't be hard.

Any feedback from the piano/keyboard shredders is welcome >=)

I think you can try the game named "VOS", "CAN MUSIC" ,"DJMax", "O2JAM".

they are all the 7 KEYS music game, like play the piano.

"VOS" and "CAN" are use the MIDI file as the music file. So their songs are very small that can easily transfored.

and DJMAX and O2JAM are music-net-game, you can play with your friend. but sadly, they both closed. And you can only play the single mode with some single-game-programs.

PS: they are all pop in China. Only VOS have english version.
-
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:55 am

Jurgen is a bot that plays for you...
Fof's equivalent to star power is star power...
mva5580

Postby mva5580 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:07 am

Ok, I've embarrassed myself plenty in this topic, I will slowly step away from the keyboard now. Thank you for not insulting me and just kindly answering my questions lol.
aduro

Postby aduro » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:20 am

Newtothis wrote:what about strumming on hammerson when needed like on tough solo iv tried otehr mods to where trying to strumming on hammers-ons is pointless

Strumming hammer-ons and pull-offs has always plagued FoF mods in the past, but it works close to perfect in Alarian.

Also, except for the VBPM stuff I guess, the note window is very consistent
chris125343

Postby chris125343 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:02 am

ok,i have a problem with my xplorer (xbox 360 guitar) with this mod.
it works for the original FOF,but not this,can somone please help?
blessedmain911

Postby blessedmain911 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:09 am

chris125343 wrote:ok,i have a problem with my xplorer (xbox 360 guitar) with this mod.
it works for the original FOF,but not this,can somone please help?

Chris be careful about posting that kind of question on this thread (read the first post) and we are going to need WAAYY more info on your problem if you want help (what have you done to fix it so far, what version, with or without horfixes, etc...)
chris125343

Postby chris125343 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:13 am

well,i have downloaded the mod,and the newest fix for it.
but it seems my computer is rejecting the use of my xplorer.
and now it doesnt want to work for any FOF program.i tryed downloading microsofts common controller 32 bit.but it says "not enough storage" and "installation not completed" :(
skimmilk

Postby skimmilk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:23 am

Alright i dont know why im having this problem but this is the first time ive installed this mod of FoF.

Anyways i have the HoPo option set to normal in the settings menu (ive also tried more) and marked as white. Yet when i go into the actual game they arent marked white as HoPos and dont work as HoPos either... i dont know why this is happening. Any help?
Spikehead777

Postby Spikehead777 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:33 am

skimmilk wrote:Alright i dont know why im having this problem but this is the first time ive installed this mod of FoF.

Anyways i have the HoPo option set to normal in the settings menu (ive also tried more) and marked as white. Yet when i go into the actual game they arent marked white as HoPos and dont work as HoPos either... i dont know why this is happening. Any help?

You might try deleting your fretsonfire.ini file. It will be in one of two locations, or both. %appdata%/fretsonfire, or where you installed the game itself. Remember to back up your .ini file! I can't stress this enough, because of my past experiences.

Once you delete it (after making a back up), start the game and it will create a new .ini in %appdata%/fretsonfire, and HOPOs should look and act as they should.
PM me for my Wii or DS Friend Codes.

http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38434 My Wii GH:WT Guitar and Drum GlovePIE script. Also supports GH3 guitars!
Since "DragonFail" "sucks" so much, I won't post anything related or about them any longer.
blessedmain911

Postby blessedmain911 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:36 am

chris125343 wrote:well,i have downloaded the mod,and the newest fix for it.
but it seems my computer is rejecting the use of my xplorer.
and now it doesnt want to work for any FOF program.i tryed downloading microsofts common controller 32 bit.but it says "not enough storage" and "installation not completed" :(

Ok. Well thanks for the extra info and really I believe that is more of a driver problem rather than a mod problem. So I guess uninstall that driver and reinstall or update to the newest. And if that doesn't work it's prolly because I don't have an Xplorer controller and haven't had that issue. :p
Anthro-Therizino
Xinorbis

Postby Xinorbis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:41 am

aduro wrote:
rednano12 wrote:I personally like vBPM. Keeps songs in better sync. W/E This mod has come a long way...

keeps things in better sync?

no it doesn't?

when it goes from fast to slow or slow to fast you can see the notes slide up and down the neck sorta, it's not very polished

i prefer non-vBPM
skimmilk

Postby skimmilk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:45 am

Spikehead777 wrote:
skimmilk wrote:Alright i dont know why im having this problem but this is the first time ive installed this mod of FoF.

You might try deleting your fretsonfire.ini file. It will be in one of two locations, or both. %appdata%/fretsonfire, or where you installed the game itself. Remember to back up your .ini file! I can't stress this enough, because of my past experiences.

Once you delete it (after making a back up), start the game and it will create a new .ini in %appdata%/fretsonfire, and HOPOs should look and act as they should.

Alright this is weird but theres no fretsonfire.ini file on my computer (not even in one of my old FoF game folders...

This seems odd to me.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”