Alarian mod v2.7 - Full release

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon May 26, 2008 9:36 pm

see edited post. That was a placeholder so I knew where to link the post to.
iamnoob

Postby iamnoob » Mon May 26, 2008 9:37 pm

Any pics of the pause menu?
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon May 26, 2008 9:39 pm

myfingershurt wrote:****Added liquid's GH3 pause menu GFX with redone smoothed edges (His post)

....there's a link to liquid's post where he links both the old and new files for comparison. It's an improvement, not a change, so it was included in the hotfix.

edit: if for some reason you like the old edges just don't replace the pause.png...
Last edited by myfingershurt on Mon May 26, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Mon May 26, 2008 9:48 pm

OK, guys, I saw a lot of people can not doing good with new hit-window like me.

So I do a un-offical patch, let you can choose the hit-window as the old-one.

you just need to change the "hit-window" to easy that can work.

download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y0371m2dcb9
-
yoyokid2008

Postby yoyokid2008 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:05 pm

qqstars wrote:OK, guys, I saw a lot of people can not doing good with new hit-window like me.

So I do a un-offical patch, let you can choose the hit-window as the old-one.

you just need to change the "hit-window" to easy that can work.

download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y0371m2dcb9

This is the "variable-hit-window" right?

If so. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

You are my savior....
\
jnuz

Postby jnuz » Mon May 26, 2008 10:30 pm

2.6 linux binary uploaded.

Here
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 pm

i believe it was mentioned, but the actual tails and such are already in alarians hands and work in progress currently. also goes with the pause screen made also from the ripped gh3 graphics i did. the pause screen is almost done as it composed of about 20 different images that gh3 puts together on the fly that i had to piece together manually like a jigsaw puzzle. almost done. alot of the graphics are done that way. thats why its not an overnight process. its all worth it to me in the end knowing how perfect it looks in the end result.
FallZ

Postby FallZ » Mon May 26, 2008 11:07 pm

worldrave wrote:i believe it was mentioned, but the actual tails and such are already in alarians hands and work in progress currently. also goes with the pause screen made also from the ripped gh3 graphics i did. the pause screen is almost done as it composed of about 20 different images that gh3 puts together on the fly that i had to piece together manually like a jigsaw puzzle. almost done. alot of the graphics are done that way. thats why its not an overnight process. its all worth it to me in the end knowing how perfect it looks in the end result.

What are tails?
Absolutezero132

Postby Absolutezero132 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:34 pm

the lines that are on long held notes

gj worldrave, sooner or later this mod will look EXACTLY like gh3, except for maybe the video.
ZR Song thread = some songs we made, lots of df.

my youtube profile
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon May 26, 2008 11:46 pm

as i said. certain things are work in progress until the coding is done. Im not anal as a graphic artist for the hell of it. :)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon May 26, 2008 11:49 pm

Word, worldrave. Keep doin what you're doin - every gfx update from you is amazing :)

qqstars - that's a pretty simple way to satisfy everyone.... I can implement the "Easy" (old, static / BPM dependent) hit window like in your patch in my next hotfix, but I'd like to hear from the userbase first.

Would the inclusion of a selection for the old hit window bother anyone? I can even make it the default, so that only users who know they want the tighter / variable hitwindows will bother with it. This would really minimize thread clutter from that issue... what do you all think?
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:59 pm

myfingershurt....thats a brilliant idea. it would please everyone for sure. i've avoided 2.5 and 2.6 because of the hit window issue...and i've noticed even the most experienced of players are having trouble with the new hit window...altho some seem to enjoy it...so why not have the best of both worlds? oh btw all these new updates for 2.5 and up are just mind blowing.
jnuz

Postby jnuz » Tue May 27, 2008 12:20 am

While the hitwindows are in fact much better in this release (2.6) I think it would be a good option to have the "old" hitwindow system available.

I did have a quick question about the hit windows for HOPOs vs strumming. Is it the same?

With the new version HOPOs seem very GH1-ish, I set my a/v delay and can strum every note if i so choose and I hit them fine, but for hopos sometimes they just seems next to impossible. Maybe i'm just not very precise on my hopo playing... i dunno

**EDIT** I tried QQStars fix for the old hitwindows and still I am having hopo issues... No trouble hitting notes when i strum, just hopos...was something changed?
Last edited by jnuz on Tue May 27, 2008 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Tue May 27, 2008 12:45 am

jnuz wrote:While the hitwindows are in fact much better in this release (2.6) I think it would be a good option to have the "old" hitwindow system available.

I did have a quick question about the hit windows for HOPOs vs strumming. Is it the same?

With the new version HOPOs seem very GH1-ish, I set my a/v delay and can strum every note if i so choose and I hit them fine, but for hopos sometimes they just seems next to impossible. Maybe i'm just not very precise on my hopo playing... i dunno

**EDIT** I tried QQStars fix for the old hitwindows and still I am having hopo issues... No trouble hitting notes when i strum, just hopos...was something changed?

I have the same problem, so I use a very old dopick3GH() instead...

And, I think, in keyRelease3(), the line:

if HopoAfterChord and (...)

change to:

if HopoAfterChord == 1 and (...)

will better.
-
Chaosdragon94

Postby Chaosdragon94 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:04 am

Does anyone have notes (it was either from 2.0 or 2.3?) that had no all silver/all grey notes? Hamme-ons glowed, overdrive meter fill notes were colored with glowing sides, and when in overdrive notes were normal and only the sides of the fretboard glowed?

I want no more silver/grey notes ):<
Last edited by Chaosdragon94 on Tue May 27, 2008 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
May be starting a "Hero" project shortly, which will have Expert only. I gave up on Level 1 because I figured not many people here played on Easy or Medium.

Also, I don't know if I'll ever fret the Ultra Beatdown bonus songs... I might, we'll see.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”