Alarian mod v2.7 - Full release

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
alarian

Postby alarian » Sun May 25, 2008 3:43 pm

emp3ror wrote:imho spinning notes is a totally useless feature.

drums, selectable stages and several fixes should be first. Things like better tails, wavy tails or spinning notes should go at the end.

I'm afraid that my laptop will crash while playing with spinning notes because it is very sucky. So will there be an option to turn spinning notes off?

btw fingers thanks for hotfixes!

I've been waiting for h3r1n6 to start the drums code (or atleast give me the source for his 1.1 drums) but he hasn't been online for quite a while
My music
SpenceRed

Postby SpenceRed » Sun May 25, 2008 3:57 pm

myfingershurt wrote:
firefret wrote:1) hey fingers, do you know why RB lags more during non-overdrive than overdrive?

2) oh and when you do the uptomytempo cheat, the words high scores flicker. just some misc thing i found.

1) Nope. Doesn't make sense. If I figure out why, there will be a hotfix.

2) No idea why this would happen either.

Spence: ....did you delete your fretsonfire.ini file?

(it really is ridiculous how many times this must be said... and if you did try this already then you need to report problems with a little more detail.

...read moar!)

Sorry I was really frustrated.. I did delete the .ini file and reset the settings and I still had the same problem. I deleted everything Alarian related (I had about 4 different full installs) from my system so i'm gonna start fresh. :D

Whats the best version to install if starting from scratch?
firefret

Postby firefret » Sun May 25, 2008 4:02 pm

the newest one from the main page and the latest hotfix from fingers.
http://rapidshare.com/files/116602335/Alarian2.zip.html alarian 2.5c http://www.mediafire.com/?v5z4g1x0njm patch for 2.5c
Last edited by firefret on Sun May 25, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my fretted songs
Radiohead - Karma Police
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun May 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Spence - no problem, so was I :)

If you want to start fresh, and don't want to download the entire package again, you can get my 2.5c "minimal" release (link in my sig) and then my latest hotfix (#7, also in sig). The hotfix just has a new library.zip with new code, and a blank fretsonfire.ini file to place in your Alarian folder to ensure separate settings from earlier versions.

You should be able to get just the minimal 2.5c to work before trying the hotfix though.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Sun May 25, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seraph_88

Postby Seraph_88 » Sun May 25, 2008 4:51 pm

to add spinning star notes is a peace of cake to put them in the game, cuz its finaly there, and the other stuff must code first...so lets give ali ^^ (sorry alarian buts its a short name for you and its sounds great) time to to this...he do a great jop, what can we do without him? NOTHIN! and thats the fact!

Ali its the best!
Queen Fan

German Metal Band ThY WickeD
ThY WickeD Homepage

My Page
http://cid-f9c49fa8a31b2a2d.spaces.live.com/
Seraph_88

Postby Seraph_88 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:06 pm

and i find the spinning star notes works good, but the hitwindow its a little bit out of range, i mean if you put the modified game.py in you library, you pick doesnt work perfect...ive chance this one

self.earlyMargin = self.neckSpeed / 2.8 # glorandwarf: was 60000.0 / bpm / 3.5
self.lateMargin = self.neckSpeed / 2.8 # glorandwarf: was 60000.0 / bpm / 3.5
self.noteReleaseMargin = self.neckSpeed / 1.7 # glorandwarf: was 60000.0 / bpm / 2

to

self.earlyMargin = self.neckSpeed / 2.3 # glorandwarf: was 60000.0 / bpm / 3.5
self.lateMargin = self.neckSpeed / 2.3 # glorandwarf: was 60000.0 / bpm / 3.5
self.noteReleaseMargin = self.neckSpeed / 1.2 # glorandwarf: was 60000.0 / bpm / 2

to this one and its better and the spinning star note speed to +100 (its fast enough to see it^^)

oh and in the game the hitwindow to standart and in the frets on fire.ini ive chance the hitwindow to 0.10 so i can play like a noob ^^ hehe^^
Queen Fan

ThY WickeD Homepage

My Page

http://cid-f9c49fa8a31b2a2d.spaces.live.com/
hex79

Postby hex79 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:13 pm

I'm wondering, does the spin code run off the board speed setting... Cause I find, to truely see them spinning nice I have to run the board speed at around 50-70...

However I have no lag with this mod or the hotfixes at all, no problems whatsoever... And my machine is no prize lol... P4 1.8, 9800pro 256, 512 ram @ pc333

However like all the rest, I did and definatly recommend removing the fretsonfire.ini... Start > Run > %appdata%

Great job guys, can't wait for the next official release!
alarian

Postby alarian » Sun May 25, 2008 5:15 pm

hex79 wrote:I'm wondering, does the spin code run off the board speed setting... Cause I find, to truely see them spinning nice I have to run the board speed at around 50-70...

However I have no lag with this mod or the hotfixes at all, no problems whatsoever... And my machine is no prize lol... P4 1.8, 9800pro 256, 512 ram @ pc333

However like all the rest, I did and definatly recommend removing the fretsonfire.ini... Start > Run > %appdata%

Great job guys, can't wait for the next official release!

Please PM the coder if it's not officially relased instead of littering this thread.
My music
hex79

Postby hex79 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Wow... scrunchy are we... Everyone else talks about that stuff in here... No worries, 3rd and last post for me.

I'll just leach.

Lates
RollingBoBo

Postby RollingBoBo » Sun May 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Hey this seems like a strange idea but I could entirely translate the game in french if you want me to. The translation in-game is ******* horrible and there's errors everywhere. So I think it would be a good idea to translate the game in different languages.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun May 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Seraph_88 wrote:and i find the spinning star notes works good

?
What code are you talking about here? Nothing has been released yet for spinning star notes in this thread. You sound as if you are responding to someone.

Hex, you too. Where did you get spinning star notes, and if you got them outside this thread why are we discussing it here?

Edit: OK, I see now that this thread contains several downloads built on various versions of Alarian's mod. If there are issues with these downloads, you should really be posting in that thread.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Sun May 25, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alarian

Postby alarian » Sun May 25, 2008 5:45 pm

New in 2.6
+Spinning Starnotes in GH3-theme, with option to turn off in Visual Settings (This code was initially made by QQStarS. Spinning starnotes frames provided by Worldrave. Notesheet made by Alarian. Fixed QQStarS code so that the stars spin in the right direction and at the right speed)
+Made the hitwindows a little easier on all 3 settings
+Prevented the option to manipulate hitwindows in fretsonfire.ini
+New graphics in GH3-theme by Worldrave (fret-guide on backgrounds and high quality selection line in song list)
+New Overdrive neck again (Edited one neck provided by Ds~)
Hotfixes since 2.5c By Myfingershurt:
+Hotfix#7 - Fixed problem caused by hotfix 6, where certain chords after a tapped HOPO could not be strummed. Restructured the HOPO strum logic to accomodate the special checks necessary for the after-chord HOPO system.
+Hotfix#6 - Fixed case where a strummed chord pull-off before another chord would sometimes cause a streak reset.
+Hotfix#5 - Built on new logic from hotfix #4 and re-fixed the problem caused by the user pausing during the "You Rock" message.
+Hotfix#4 - Fixed issue where songs would not end (caused by the check for pause, new logic written).
+Hotfix#3 - Added new option to completely disable the Rock Band Starpower / Overdrive Neck Glow (under Fretboard options).
+Hotfix#2 - Fixed case where a chord pull-off before a long pause would result in that chord-pulloff requiring a strum. Fixed case where a chord pull-off too close to the end of a song would result in a funky half-HOPO half-chord merged strum. Fixed crash that happened when user pauses during "You Rock" message. Fixed problem where user managed to restart during "You Rock" message before the crash, and the game would try to restart and then immediately go to the results screen.
+Hotfix#1 - Ensured that special strummed HOPO logic does not get applied to tapped or pulled-off notes. This has fixed speedpicked chord / pulloff / chord / pulloff / etc issues. This is the so-called "Lefty Mode" fix.

Full Download 2.6
http://rapidshare.com/files/117591765/Alarian2.zip.html
http://www.mediafire.com/?2jaf9bmm1bk

Have fun
Last edited by alarian on Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My music
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun May 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Sweet - thanks Alarian, downloading now :)
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Awesome. Dling now.
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
Seraph_88

Postby Seraph_88 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:55 pm

:laugh: aaaaaa download ^^
Queen Fan

ThY WickeD Homepage