Alarian mod v2.7 - Full release

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Disco Skulls FTW!
Death Legion

Postby Death Legion » Wed May 21, 2008 7:48 am

Just saw this: the rapidshare link for 2.5b is broken (removed by the uploader).
Puppetz fan club member :tongue:
Mr. Sorrow
Figure

Postby Figure » Wed May 21, 2008 7:55 am

Death Legion wrote:Just saw this: the rapidshare link for 2.5b is broken (removed by the uploader).

Why not??? theres 2.5c anyway
Disco Skulls FTW!
Death Legion

Postby Death Legion » Wed May 21, 2008 7:56 am

Figure wrote:
Death Legion wrote:Just saw this: the rapidshare link for 2.5b is broken (removed by the uploader).

Why not??? theres 2.5c anyway

Yes but not in full release, only the patch.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Wed May 21, 2008 5:09 pm

v2.5c-d

Added wiggly tails for killswitch
Added option to switch between cds/cassettes/list
Added option to use stage.png found in the song choosen (background will be dependant on if the song has a stage.png in its folder, if not it will use default.png)

Download

Note::
This is not an offical Alarian update. I did not bug test it because I have no way of testing it so there most likely will be errors, if it renders the game unplayable tell me.

This requires a killswitch1.png(tail), killswitch2.png (tail), cassette.dae(cassette), library.dae(suitcase/guitar case), cd.dae(cd), cdcase.dae(cd case), label.dae(cassette label), library_label.dae(library label), cdlabel.dae(cd label), cdcase_label.dae(cd case label), all which are not provided, for all functions to run properly.

For the stage mode: song to work you must have a stage.png in the song's folder.
Last edited by blazingamer on Wed May 21, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alarian

Postby alarian » Thu May 22, 2008 11:39 am

wowmoco wrote:I could be wrong, but:

The higher BPM, the higher fretboard speed (if BPM is set)

The difficulter, the higher fretboard speed (if Difficult is set)

I have a question because i couldn't figure it out:

What is the fretboard speed when choosing "BPM and Diff"?
The higher of both? Are them added?

Thanks.

Neck speed is calculated like this:

example bpm = 150
example speedpercent = 90% (which is 0,9)

A lower value on the Neck's speed results in a Faster Neck

By BPM:
(340-bpm)/speedpercent -> (340-150)/0,9 = 211,1... on all difficulties
Board speed by BPM will always be fastest on all difficulties (Also tightest hitwindows)

By Difficulty+BPM:
Expert:
Constant = 226
(Constant-(bpm/10))/speedpercent -> (226-(150/10))/0,9 = 234,4...
Hard:
Constant = Expert Constant + 30 = 256
Gives neckspeed = 267,8...
Normal:
Constant = Hard Constant + 30 = 286
Gives neckspeed = 301,1...
Easy:
Constant = Easy Constant + 20 = 306
Gives neckspeed = 323,3...
Boardspeed by BPM+Difficulty will always be the second fastest choice, same goes for hitwindows

Naturally the Neckspeed and hitwindows will be the slowest (and widest) for Boardspeed by Difficulty.
My music
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:57 pm

Thanks myfingershurt for the small download.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Thu May 22, 2008 1:30 pm

You're welcome, glad I could help out.

Alarian, thanks for the detailed breakdown of how neck speed is calculated. Sounds like good material to paste into a quick reference TXT file on a future release along with the HOPO system details that are already there.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Thu May 22, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seraph_88

Postby Seraph_88 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:35 pm

hey dudes, its a easy way to play with the hitwindow. cuz go into you fof.ini and look for the point "hit_window". ive chance my hitwindow to 0.10
i think you can play better with that.

and here some hi-res necks
http://www.file-upload.net/download-868013/necks.rar.html
Queen Fan

German Metal Band ThY WickeD
ThY WickeD Homepage

My Page
http://cid-f9c49fa8a31b2a2d.spaces.live.com/
wowmoco

Postby wowmoco » Thu May 22, 2008 1:51 pm

alarian wrote:
wowmoco wrote:I could be wrong, but:

The higher BPM, the higher fretboard speed (if BPM is set)

The difficulter, the higher fretboard speed (if Difficult is set)

I have a question because i couldn't figure it out:

What is the fretboard speed when choosing "BPM and Diff"?
The higher of both? Are them added?

Thanks.

Neck speed is calculated like this:

example bpm = 150
example speedpercent = 90% (which is 0,9)

A lower value on the Neck's speed results in a Faster Neck

By BPM:
(340-bpm)/speedpercent -> (340-150)/0,9 = 211,1... on all difficulties
Board speed by BPM will always be fastest on all difficulties (Also tightest hitwindows)

By Difficulty+BPM:
Expert:
Constant = 226
(Constant-(bpm/10))/speedpercent -> (226-(150/10))/0,9 = 234,4...
Hard:
Constant = Expert Constant + 30 = 256
Gives neckspeed = 267,8...
Normal:
Constant = Hard Constant + 30 = 286
Gives neckspeed = 301,1...
Easy:
Constant = Easy Constant + 20 = 306
Gives neckspeed = 323,3...
Boardspeed by BPM+Difficulty will always be the second fastest choice, same goes for hitwindows

Naturally the Neckspeed and hitwindows will be the slowest (and widest) for Boardspeed by Difficulty.

Excellent explanation.

Thank you very much.

This could sound obvious, but between Speedpercent, BPM and/or Diff, and Hit Window, we can do whatever we want.

Same as with Taps and HoPos (and their million options).

Awesome.
Hi people.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Thu May 22, 2008 2:24 pm

I have been in contact with Puppetz about a problem he seems to have since v2.0 hotfix 24 (actually 23.6).

This is the change in question, which was created for hotfix 18 and removed in hotfix 24 (actually 23.6) for Aduro's issue with hitting pull-offs:

...ensured that the special-case HOPO strum logic does not get applied to non-HOPO note checks.

So - when I "ensured that the special-case HOPO strum logic does not get applied to non-HOPO note checks." in hotfix 18, Aduro complained about troubles hitting pull-offs. When I removed this change in hotfix 23.6, Aduro reported his problem fixed - but Puppetz reported his new problem of not being able to hold a higher fret and tap a lower fret as GH2 Sloppy lets you. He plays in Lefty Mode, so that must have something to do with it.

However, since Puppetz has not upgraded since 2.0.23, I have added this fix back into the code so that he can enjoy 2.5c. Well, hopefully. Here is the altered library.zip for Puppetz and anyone else that uses Lefty Mode with GH2 Sloppy. If this fixes or causes any other issues please tell me - no need to tell Alarian :)

Aduro, you probably will not want to download this :)

Edit: If everyone who uses Lefty mode likes this patch better than the original, then I can code in this change automatically based on the Lefty Mode setting.

Edit2: Also it might be a good idea for people to try this change with the after-chord HOPO problematic patterns and see if it makes a difference.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Thu May 22, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mirkeclima

Postby mirkeclima » Thu May 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Best mod ever!!!
Disco Skulls FTW!
Death Legion

Postby Death Legion » Thu May 22, 2008 3:56 pm

myfingershurt wrote:I have been in contact with Puppetz about a problem he seems to have since v2.0 hotfix 24 (actually 23.6).

This is the change in question, which was created for hotfix 18 and removed in hotfix 24 (actually 23.6) for Aduro's issue with hitting pull-offs:

...ensured that the special-case HOPO strum logic does not get applied to non-HOPO note checks.

So - when I "ensured that the special-case HOPO strum logic does not get applied to non-HOPO note checks." in hotfix 18, Aduro complained about troubles hitting pull-offs. When I removed this change in hotfix 23.6, Aduro reported his problem fixed - but Puppetz reported his new problem of not being able to hold a higher fret and tap a lower fret as GH2 Sloppy lets you. He plays in Lefty Mode, so that must have something to do with it.

However, since Puppetz has not upgraded since 2.0.23, I have added this fix back into the code so that he can enjoy 2.5c. Well, hopefully. Here is the altered library.zip for Puppetz and anyone else that uses Lefty Mode with GH2 Sloppy. If this fixes or causes any other issues please tell me - no need to tell Alarian :)

Aduro, you probably will not want to download this :)

Edit: If everyone who uses Lefty mode likes this patch better than the original, then I can code in this change automatically based on the Lefty Mode setting.

Edit2: Also it might be a good idea for people to try this change with the after-chord HOPO problematic patterns and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks. I'm lefty too and this problem was on my FoF version (forgot to report it :O ). Gonna try it now and says you if it solve the problem.
Last edited by Death Legion on Thu May 22, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu May 22, 2008 4:46 pm

myfingershurt wrote:Thank you for this detailed after-chord-HOPO system bug report.

Please, can you upload this test song you have made so that I might test with it? Then I might have a chance at figuring out what the problem is.

Edit: I didn't realize you were saying you fretted a real song with this problem. Could you possibly create a new song with just this problematic pattern and reproduce the issue in a test song for me to debug with?

This has been why I have had so much trouble hunting this problem down. I need the issue duplicated in a test song with just the problematic pattern. If it's in an actual song, I can't tell if it's affected by the note patterns before or after it. Basically, if you have trouble reproducing the issue in a test song then copy and paste larger and larger sections until the problem occurs, and then we have found the problematic sequence.

I can make another one later with just the problematic patterns, but in case you want to look at the song I mentioned in the mean time:

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=17;t=22559;

The problem occurs in the Rhythm Guitar track during the verses. The full pattern is chord, brief delay, note, longer delay, same note. Then there's a long delay and the pattern changes by lowering a note or so.
Last edited by raynebc on Thu May 22, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Thu May 22, 2008 5:30 pm

raynebc, yes when you get a chance could you just copy and paste the problematic pattern into a blank song? This way, I can easily start the song and see the test pattern without having to play the rest of the song first.

Then of course check whether or not the test song exhibits the same problem - if it doesn't, then you might need to include more notes from before and after the pattern. Also, have you tried the alternate library.zip I posted earlier? It might make a difference.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Thu May 22, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowspire

Postby snowspire » Thu May 22, 2008 5:35 pm

Seraph_88 wrote:hey dudes, its a easy way to play with the hitwindow. cuz go into you fof.ini and look for the point "hit_window". ive chance my hitwindow to 0.10
i think you can play better with that.

and here some hi-res necks
http://www.file-upload.net/download-868013/necks.rar.html

Thanks man! :D
Image At last!!! My RB instruments are here!!!

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”