Real Two-player MOD! For Alarian v1.1

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Maciejko

Postby Maciejko » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:06 pm

Yea...

But someone, who know how, must do the starpower for both players :)...

I've asked Alarian to do that, but he won't answer me, and I dont know why ?

The great multiplayer mode will be:

+STRAIGHT NOTEBOEARD!!!, i dont know english very well, so I'll show you what i mean with that:
I hate that noteboards \ / , better will be just like that | | [ i think you know what i mean :) ]
+Working starpower to both players,
+Mayby 3 player option

And that's all to needs multiplayer mode ;)... [ i think ] ... But now is the question: " WHO CAN DO THAT !?!?!? " :(
alex_fof

Postby alex_fof » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:26 pm

Thanks man. This works really well!
iamnoob

Postby iamnoob » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:28 pm

Everything is to "squished"
dennis

Postby dennis » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:38 pm

You need to play in 1680x1050 or higher to really take advantage of this. The GH3 version is nice and if the second player star power worked it would be really shine.

The rockband version looks great in 1680x1050 or higher but the song time is directly interfering with the Player 1 score box and again no second player star power.

Kudos though for taking the first real steps into getting a good looking two player version update.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:50 pm

one way to fix the squish meters is to modify the graphics,making them smaller to fit,then add more width to the pictures to balance the aspect ratio, then re-tweek the position values. even better if the mod code could just point to the alt artwork directory when playing 2 player mode. i know there is probably another way to fix this, but this way for sure would work at least. i dont personally play 2 player. i use gh3 for that when i do, which isnt often.
Maciejko

Postby Maciejko » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:10 am

worldrave wrote:one way to fix the squish meters is to modify the graphics,making them smaller to fit,then add more width to the pictures to balance the aspect ratio, then re-tweek the position values. even better if the mod code could just point to the alt artwork directory when playing 2 player mode. i know there is probably another way to fix this, but this way for sure would work at least. i dont personally play 2 player. i use gh3 for that when i do, which isnt often.

Or just take it up ;>

I think there is a code responsible for that... ;)

If the noteboards will be straight and working starpower for both players, then this mod will be amazing x2 ! ^^
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:14 am

I will set the position in the right place in this two days, Waiting for it :)
-
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:33 am

Good news! Bug fixed!

more details in the screen shot!
-
alex_fof

Postby alex_fof » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:51 pm

Hey qqstars, could you add your 2player fix to Ds~Alarian mod v1.4? I tried editing the GuitarScene.py with the instructions you gave but I couldn't get it working.
dennis

Postby dennis » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Seconded.

Having to play different versions if I want to get my media PC hooked to my TV to play with friends is a PITA =O
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:34 pm

Here comes~~

For Alarian V1.4
download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mw5wxxy5lfx
-
dennis

Postby dennis » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:37 pm

qqstars wrote:Here comes~~

For Alarian V1.4
download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mw5wxxy5lfx

<3

But still getting the "no object error" when loading up two. Plus not even an option for second player keys in 1.4 unless I'm missing something.

To be specific it says 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'
Last edited by dennis on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShiekOdaSandz

Postby ShiekOdaSandz » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:19 pm

There is not going to be MP on Ds~Alarian releases until the whole thing is finished. We just want the MP to be solid so everyone does not complain. I am actually working on it right now. I would recommend playing with older versions until we get it up and running. Right now I am working on the starpower and killswitch functions for Player 2. I have all the buttons recognized, now I have to actually get it to work in the game. Wish me luck.

The first thing on my list of to dos is get the starpower and killswitch for both players. Then I want to link up the meter and score so that when you play together, the streak and score are just one (like in normal GH). Last I will add on to this and have 2 meters, scores (like a battle mode). It is going to take a while though, but I am slowly getting there.

When I am done, I will send alarian the code, and he will implement it into his mod.
Last edited by ShiekOdaSandz on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Done with year 1 of med school! (Finally!)
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:40 pm

I have check it, and I found his disable the define of the 2nd players.

So I have fix it,that is the player.py file.

you need to add it with the guitarscene.py into the "library.zip"

download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?watdmravmi0
-
alex_fof

Postby alex_fof » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:57 am

Sorry to ask you again qqstars, but could you make your 2player fix for Ds~Alarian mod v1.4b?

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”