EOF 1.1 Released - Windows, Linux, and Mac Versions

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri May 16, 2008 12:12 am

EOF 1.1 includes a few new features and fixes and now sports Linux and Mac ports. Thanks go to trinidude4 for building and testing the Mac version.

Here are the download links:

Project Website
EOF 1.1 Windows
EOF 1.0->1.1 Windows Update
EOF 1.1 Mac
EOF 1.1 Linux

EOF 1.1 Windows (MediaFire)
EOF 1.0->1.1 Windows Update (MediaFire)
EOF 1.1 Mac (MediaFire)
EOF 1.1 Linux (MediaFire)

Here are the changes:

1.1:

Added ability to move first beat marker to change the MIDI offset for the song.

Made menu only activate when clicked to prevent song from cutting off when you
accidentally move the mouse too high.

Added ability to create non-tailed notes by holding Alt+Right-Click.

Anchored beats are now truly anchored. Now your anchors won't disappear unless
you manually delete them.

Added encoder settings when converting from MP3 to OGG.

Code restructured to enable porting to other platforms.

Added Linux-specific system calls for song creation.

Fixed a bug in "gametime.c" which prevented compiling on Linux.

Lowered minimum buffer size for the OGG player to 1024.

Fixed other minor glitches.

Disabled "Link To FOF" feature in Linux version until I can figure out how to
make it work.

Added installation instructions to "readme.txt."

Added "Disable VSync" option to settings.

Linux notes:

You will have to build it from source for now. I will try and put together a ".deb" package for Debian users later on. For now you will have to build it yourself. You will need to install Allegro before you can build EOF. Open the terminal and change to the "src" directory and type "make -f makefile.linux" to build.

You cannot use the Song->Test feature in Linux for now. I am going to try and find a way to get it working but for now it is just disabled.

The manual and tutorial will only be accessible from within EOF if your system has xdg-tools.

If you want to load MP3 files directly into EOF you will need to have vorbis-tools and lame installed.

Mac notes:

The Song->Test feature is disabled in this version.

Post your thoughts, ideas, problems, etc. It's getting late so I need to get off here. I will check back here tomorrow.
Last edited by NewCreature on Sat May 17, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Fri May 16, 2008 12:38 am

NewCreature wrote:Mac notes:

The Song->Test feature is disabled in this version.

The manual and tutorial will not be accessible from the Help menu.

A fixed version should be available for this soon. It's not a very critical problem since the tutorial and manual are included inside the application.

NewCreature: check your PM for the fix.
Swiftflow

Postby Swiftflow » Fri May 16, 2008 3:34 am

Nice job on this. I really like how you show the hering style Drum Track in the preview screen. Just viewed some existing songs to review it, will try to build a new Drum track with it and post more detail in review. If I can avoid the whole chart to Midi conversion from dB (feedback) then I may have to use this full time.

My typical process on drum frets when there is a tab on it..
1. Tab to Midi with Tab trax midi export
2. Midi edit with FL studio to move instruments by line into the 5 drum notes lane according to intrument type.
3. Midi to chart format to edit and test in dB.
4. Final chart converted back to Midi.
5. one last FL studio edit of track name because chart2mid uses PART DRUMS and FOF only sees PART DRUM.
6. ready to play in FoF --until you find a mistake and have to go through whole conversion again if its not a simple midi fix.

This program would save me so many steps in that conversion process--so THANK YOU!
Last edited by Swiftflow on Fri May 16, 2008 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Fri May 16, 2008 8:32 am

It doesn't work on my mac because I don't have right-click control-click usually serves as it but I can't put notes in!
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri May 16, 2008 12:27 pm

It doesn't work on my mac because I don't have right-click control-click usually serves as it but I can't put notes in!

I will fix it. In the mean time you can switch the control method to "RexMundi" and use the mouse and 1-5 to toggle the note colors.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Fri May 16, 2008 12:34 pm

YAY! It's on Mac! Thanks NewCreature You da man!!!111221one1. :)
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Fri May 16, 2008 5:15 pm

NewCreature wrote:

I will fix it. In the mean time you can switch the control method to "RexMundi" and use the mouse and 1-5 to toggle the note colors.

It still doesn't work with RexMundi! Any suggestions???
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri May 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Do any of the keys work? If so you should be able to line up the cursor where you want a note and press 1-5 keys to toggle the notes. The mouse cursor has to be in the fretboard area for it to work.

I have a question, would Alt+Click be okay to simulate the Right-Click for one-button mice? If not, have any suggestions? I already use Ctrl for a lot of other functions so I can't really free it up to use for that easily.
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Fri May 16, 2008 5:59 pm

NewCreature wrote:

Do any of the keys work? If so you should be able to line up the cursor where you want a note and press 1-5 keys to toggle the notes. The mouse cursor has to be in the fretboard area for it to work.

I have a question, would Alt+Click be okay to simulate the Right-Click for one-button mice? If not, have any suggestions? I already use Ctrl for a lot of other functions so I can't really free it up to use for that easily.

Yeah it does work, sorry I joined in February so I'm kinda n00bish
ThroneMonkey

Postby ThroneMonkey » Fri May 16, 2008 8:37 pm

Hello. Thanks to NewCreature and trindude4 for making this for mac. However, I am having a few problems. For one, I can't seem to get the AV delay set right. No matter what value I choose, some of the notes are synced, and some aren't. Is there an average value that it should be around? Also, whenever I try to open a song other that the tutorial.ogg, it just says song not buffered. Any ideas?
Despite your violent behavior, the only thing you have managed to break so far is mt heart.
Ninja Star Throwing At TV Showdown!!!
trinidude4: my new god for making UC and RF4 for mac. You have no idea how long i've been waiting for that.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri May 16, 2008 8:58 pm

No matter what value I choose, some of the notes are synced, and some aren't.

Do you know if it might be the timer getting ahead of the music? Did you try disabling the "Smooth Playback" option? The timing code is rather inaccurate for the Linux/Mac version and could possibly be running fast for you making the position marker move further than the song has actually played.

I am going to implement a different timing system for EOF 1.2. The main reason is I hate my program eating up 100% CPU needlessly. I think it will make all the platforms have decent timing as well.
Swiftflow

Postby Swiftflow » Sat May 17, 2008 1:57 am

More feedback on the windows version.

I made a song start to finish on this tool today and I have to say I am impressed.

I used a combination of FL studio and your mod to line up all the notes originally, I really like the fact that I could just create the song right in the data/songs directory and then save it and test it right away in FoF. Even not having to load Audacity to convert mp3 to ogg and how it automatically names it guitar.ogg is convenient.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Swiftflow on Sat May 17, 2008 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Sat May 17, 2008 4:59 am

I kinda helped getting Trindude involved because I nagged him to port it :)

I can't get a song to load in EoF because It tells me it's not buffered :( Help!
Ratlhed

Postby Ratlhed » Sat May 17, 2008 5:26 am

Woohoo! 1.1! Thanks! Danke! Gracias!

***EDIT***

@MarvinPA

Did you accidently delete your guitar.ogg or song.ogg? If I'm not mistaken, if you delete these files you get the "File not buffered!" error.
Last edited by Ratlhed on Sat May 17, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swiftflow

Postby Swiftflow » Sat May 17, 2008 6:38 am

MarvinPA wrote:I kinda helped getting Trindude involved because I nagged him to port it :)

I can't get a song to load in EoF because It tells me it's not buffered :( Help!

Yes you get that when loading if you don't point to a location where you already have the guitar.ogg, the song.ini and the notes.mid.

If your loading from a midi, just create the new Song--import the ogg and it will create these files --then if you have a midi file you then import it to get all the notes in. So if your importing from another format or starting new--do not pick load, pick new.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”