Lyrics mod - Feature to display lyrics (for 324&451)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
YMS

Postby YMS » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:57 am

Hi folks!

I wrote a new mod to display lyrics to the songs. It uses subtitles, just like the tutorial does.

It now comes in two versions (Windows only):

- 1 for recent FoF version 1.2.451
- 1 for RF-mod 3.5 (FoF 1.1.324), so the lyrics feature will be added to the RF-mod functionality

Since the mod changes gameplay, it will not go together with any other mods that do that, too. And since the 324 version actually is a mod for RF-mod 3.5, it won't go without it.
However, you can still use the 'normal' graphics & stuff mods, of course.

There are lyrics included for 11 songs by now, and there's a tool to convert lyrics files from UltraStar (SingStar-clone) to FretsOnFire. You can but create lyrics files by simply editing the script.txt, too.

--EDIT: Download link removed-- (both versions in one package)

If you're using 1.2.451 version of the game and used Lyrics mod v0.2 before, there's no benefit for you in downloading this one.

Hope you will enjoy, and perhaps somebody else will start producing more lyrics files soon. Feedback appreciated. (And I hope, Rogue_F doesn't mind me modding his mod ;). In addition, I wanna thank him not only for the RF-mod itself but also for his excellent idiot-proof How-To on building the game up from the sources).

EDIT: Most recent version is 1.0, see further posts. However, I greatly encourage you to use RF-Mod 4, which already includes lyrics mod.
Last edited by YMS on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZekeKatana

Postby ZekeKatana » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:13 am

awsome! Thanks!
MasteromaN

Postby MasteromaN » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:20 am

Good job, it's strange that kind of mod only appears now. I think people requested that for months.
Maybe I'll try it, but singing on the trooper will be hard on amazing.
DarknessBR

Postby DarknessBR » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:36 am

Gonna give it a try, sounds cool.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:10 pm

Will this work with the C-Mod? What files did you mod exactly? I'm looking at it now and it seems you included the entire library.zip.

EDIT: I'm getting a "pixel_acess" error anytime I try and view a cassette that has (well, used to have, you can't see any of them now) a label. Also, I can't play any songs. I'll get to the "select a difficulty/track" screen, then I'll get a blnak screen and never get to "tuning Guitar".
Last edited by jake2k3 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
YMS

Postby YMS » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:52 pm

jake2k3 wrote:Will this work with the C-Mod? What files did you mod exactly? I'm looking at it now and it seems you included the entire library.zip.

EDIT: I'm getting a "pixel_acess" error anytime I try and view a cassette that has (well, used to have, you can't see any of them now) a label. Also, I can't play any songs. I'll get to the "select a difficulty/track" screen, then I'll get a blnak screen and never get to "tuning Guitar".

It won't work with Capo's mod. Basically cause I didn't know about that one (D'oh!). Sorry, I'm new to FoF, never even used the RF-mod before ;).

Perhaps I will make a version for C-Mod and / or Crowd-Mod (are there others I don't know of yet?) this night, and / or I will publish my sources and / or the diff to Rogue_F's sources.
(The contents of library.zip seem to have changed almost completely. EDIT: My fault, that's not true. Still it will be easier if I release a new package later instead of try to hack some files now)

If you use C-Mod and get the problems you described, the simple use of C-Mod is the cause.
If you don't use C-Mod now it sounds like you didn't install RF-mod. Or perhaps you didn't install mine correctly.
Or, of course, I might have made a mistake when distributing. Does anybody else have problems like this (in the 1.1.324 version, the other one should be okay)?
Last edited by YMS on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightmare JG

Postby Nightmare JG » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:14 pm

jake2k3 wrote:Will this work with the C-Mod? What files did you mod exactly? I'm looking at it now and it seems you included the entire library.zip.

I get pixel acsess in the log, and It fails to start, works fine with the new version of FoF, but I can't stand playing it.
[PATENT PENDING]
YMS

Postby YMS » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:56 pm

Uhm, sorry. Try to put the files from my 1.2.451/data folder to the 1.1.324-game's data folder (backup recommendet), except of the library.zip which you still use from 1.1.324/data. That should do it, I suppose.
Last edited by YMS on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duckmeister

Postby Duckmeister » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Try to come out with a new version of this that is compatible with C-Mod. I'm sure a whole lot more people would be interested. It would go great with my compilation.

Anyways, very good work! I can't wait until someone comes out with all the lyrics for GH1 and GH2. That would be awesome.
smedricksman24

Postby smedricksman24 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:24 pm

Hey sweet stuff man. If anyone's interested, I could probably kick out Jordan and Jessica tonight.
Why am I on this website? I'm clearly over the age limit of 14.
buckethead loves kfc

Postby buckethead loves kfc » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:34 pm

smedricksman24 wrote:Hey sweet stuff man. If anyone's interested, I could probably kick out Jordan and Jessica tonight.

jordan doesnt have words lol
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:03 pm

buckethead loves kfc wrote:
smedricksman24 wrote:Hey sweet stuff man. If anyone's interested, I could probably kick out Jordan and Jessica tonight.

this was the joke :;):

Jessica neither
smedricksman24

Postby smedricksman24 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:25 pm

buckethead loves kfc wrote:

Good Job! You get a fishy stick!
Why am I on this website? I'm clearly over the age limit of 14.
YMS

Postby YMS » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:56 am

Now there is a version that goes with C-Mod. To be exact, there now are three version:

- For FoF 1.2.451
- For FoF 1.1.324 with only RF-Mod 3.5
- For FoF 1.1.324 with RF-Mod 3.5, C-Mod 4 (with updated library.zip) and Crowd-Mod (the latter one you can turn off, so you have to have it installed but you don't have to use it).

I also made a few changes:

- There now are sources with it (for all versions). So hopefully, if anyone creates a further version of any mod, he will include mine (you can turn mine of, too).

- I now only distribute the changed files, so it should be easier to combine it with other mods.
- Concretely, you can combine raph666's guitar.pyo (info) with the 451 version without any problems. I decided not to do this by default (as he proposed), but it would have been possible.

- I downsized the size of the subtitles a bit, and lowered there position a few pixels, so it will be a little less distracting. (Note that this is a change in 451 version, too!).

When I tried to test my 324 version, it didn't work correctly. But then I even tried a fresh installation, and it didn't either. So I believe there's something misconfigured on my game, not my mod that should work fine. If it doesn't (and I strongly recommend a backup), I'm sorry, but let me (and the others) know in this case.

http://rapidshare.com/files/37164287/fof-lyrics-0.3.rar.html

EDIT: Whoop, forgot to include the Settings.pyo for the 451 version. If this causes problems, download this: http://rapidshare.com/files/37175972/settings451.rar.html and put the Settings.pyo in the library.zip, too.
Last edited by YMS on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightmare JG

Postby Nightmare JG » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:39 pm

I just tried that last one, it worked great! This is pretty neat. I'm surprised someone didn't add it sooner.
[PATENT PENDING]

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”