Coffee's Mod for 1.2.451!!! - ^_^

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
poison

Postby poison » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:26 pm

the UC mod for 1.2 is even faster when patched with the hybrid mod for me. or maybe it was just the bumping from 65 to 100 FPS... lol
blah blah blah...
Songs Made: 3
Latest:
Good Charolette - Keep Your Hands off my Girl
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:41 pm

Why isn't there HO/PO's!!! For the solos in Freebird and Stairway to heaven I have to strum every note. I have Hopos on more and I have the patch which has the lit ho/po's. Need Help!! :(
Eclipse249

Postby Eclipse249 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:44 pm

Why isn't there HO/PO's!!! For the solos in Freebird and Stairway to heaven I have to strum every note. I have Hopos on more and I have the patch which has the lit ho/po's. Need Help!! :(

Did you delete the fof.ini befor you installed uc mod?
khornerz

Postby khornerz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:21 am

Hi, finally, after 2 failed requests for source code, I'm trying to port your mod to linux, I've found the files.py you have changed in Library.zip and I've extracted them and put in the source structure.

I need to tweak a few code I think, and then I can upload it to make playable to linux users (it's python, so no need to compile ;) )

Wish me luck!

Marc
Delahue

Postby Delahue » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:26 am

I just thought, the whammy bar would actually have a fuction in the mod now that we have star power xD

Not saying it's gonna happen...but lol
DelaHero! 8 Tiers of pure, all difficulty, goodness.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharek....bd7de7f
DLC Pack 1 Released!
Frehley

Postby Frehley » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:32 am

anthman852 wrote:Why isn't there HO/PO's!!! For the solos in Freebird and Stairway to heaven I have to strum every note. I have Hopos on more and I have the patch which has the lit ho/po's. Need Help!! :(

lol, i have the same problem :D
Work In Progress
Ace Frehley - Rock Soldiers
yoyokid2008

Postby yoyokid2008 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:58 am

Search Around Found on Page 6-8.

As for the HO/PO issue, I believe I have a solution:

When I installed the mod at first, I had the problem of getting NO HO/PO at all, which was quite odd. After about an hour or so, I discovered the source of the problem. The problem is, is that unlike the earlier version of FoF which stores the Fretsonfire.ini in the game folder, FoF 1.2.451 stores one somewhere else in the system's memory which isn't removed unless you do so manually. Not removing this .ini when using a new mod will cause conflicting issues in the code, and thus, can screw a lot of settings up, HO/PO being on of the main ones. So, here are the steps to take to fix this issue:

1. Open up "My Computer"
2. Go to C (or whichever one is your local HD)
3. Open "Documents and Settings"
4. Open the folder with the same name as your username on Windows (IE, if you're name is Vader, you would open the Vader folder)
5. Open "Application Data"
6. In that folder, you should find a Frets on Fire folder. Within it, you will find a fretsonfire.ini and a log file. Delete this folder and all its contents.
7. After this is done, reinstall Coffee's mod

After doing these steps, I found the HO/PO to be perfect in the mod. Doing scales and the like worked flawlessly, and I found no problems going back into the solo if I would miss a HO/PO note (IE, the problem which R4L spoke of, and the very same problem I used to have with 1.2.451)

I hope this helps all those with the HO/PO issue
Last edited by yoyokid2008 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
\
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:54 am

This looks good, but why such a big download? Does it include songs? Or are there just so many extra graphics? All I really want is 2D notes/keys (for better performance).

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:53 am

HO/PO works!! :D Thanks yoyokid2008 :cool: Now I just have to wait for star power and hering mod.
poison

Postby poison » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:59 pm

see? there is no ho/po problem. :D the only thing i see is that it is a little tough to get back in a streak, but being a halfway decent player i usually don't struggle. :;):
Last edited by poison on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blah blah blah...

Latest:

;;;( ° д°)
crossieh

Postby crossieh » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:33 pm

I'm having some sort of hopo problem grrr
hi2u2

Postby hi2u2 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:45 pm

is it just me or are some of the ho/po notes missing compared to an unmodded version of fof?
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:00 pm

crossieh wrote:I'm having some sort of hopo problem grrr

Yes, me too, and deleting the ini doesn't fix it. Why should it? It's the loss of toggling certain options that makes it worse.

Like I said, it's that dreaded scaling that makes me fail almost every song that I usually 5 star. I can't even play DWDTG because the ho/po feels so broken.

Now, in 1.1, ho/po is not a problem at all, it works fine. The ho/po problem keeps me from staying with this mod and this FOF version. I'd rather play on my memory-sucking 1.1 and have better gameplay.

I'm not dissing the mod; the mod is beautiful and groundbreaking for FOF, but the visuals aren't worth anything if I can't even enjoy playing my harder songs.
Last edited by R4L on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
khornerz

Postby khornerz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Ok, I'm done with the linux version...
It's as buggy as hell, but it's a start

Download from here: MediaFire

One more thing, I give no support for this piece of crap (I talk about my port!)

See you later, and good luck!
Last edited by khornerz on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poison

Postby poison » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:35 pm

R4L wrote:
crossieh wrote:I'm having some sort of hopo problem grrr

Yes, me too, and deleting the ini doesn't fix it. Why should it? It's the loss of toggling certain options that makes it worse.

Like I said, it's that dreaded scaling that makes me fail almost every song that I usually 5 star. I can't even play DWDTG because the ho/po feels so broken.

Now, in 1.1, ho/po is not a problem at all, it works fine. The ho/po problem keeps me from staying with this mod and this FOF version. I'd rather play on my memory-sucking 1.1 and have better gameplay.

I'm not dissing the mod; the mod is beautiful and groundbreaking for FOF, but the visuals aren't worth anything if I can't even enjoy playing my harder songs.

that's weird, ho/po works perfectly for me, but i have it set to "more."
Last edited by poison on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blah blah blah...

Latest:

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”