WorldRave's GH3 Mod. - Your wanted the real deal, you got it!!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Agent:Orange

Postby Agent:Orange » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:13 pm

This MOD is awesome. Just DL'd the FOF and some songs this week, plugged in the wireless GH3 guitar and off I went. Great job Worldrave....keep it up!
MusicianYigit

Postby MusicianYigit » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Alright First Error(I Wanna Cry!):

See the logfile 'C:\Documents and Settings\Yigit\Desktop\FoF\FretsOnFire.exe.log' for details

:((
kdb424

Postby kdb424 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:16 pm

The error is in that file, lol. And is it minor, like does it affect you playing, or is it just there. More detail please. (did you change the screen resolution in the fretsonfire.ini file to something your computer can support? I suggest starting with 800x600 if you don't know.
Last edited by kdb424 on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gorilladf

Postby gorilladf » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:10 pm

Best mod, and pretty much the only way I play!

I tried loading a background mod with yours. Its just a bunch of numbered folders that fo into the mod folder and you can turn on/off the backgrounds. It doesn't seem to work with yours :(

I'm guessing I have to manually change the background file on yours before I play?

I like your background, I'd just like to keep changing them to reduce burn in and such. And... I like change :)

Thanks for this spectacular mod!
kdb424

Postby kdb424 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:27 pm

The BG pack is for the wrong version then. It's not guna work. Sorry bout that. You could manually convert them, but that's a pain.
gorilladf

Postby gorilladf » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:39 pm

ahhh... I'm a noob to the mods, I didn't realize that the backgrounds wern't compatible between versions of FoF. Thanks for the info!!
gorilladf

Postby gorilladf » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:03 pm

OK, please forgive my question but this is driving me crazy.

I've got this mod installed, and another 1.2.451 with RF-mod 4.15. I can run each of these just fine, but I've got question. There is no doubt I want to run the GH3 mod. But I'd like to add some features from the other mod and would like to know if what I want is impossible.

1) Why the hell won't HOPOs play in the 1.2.451 version?? Yet they play in the older GH3 version??? (nothing to do with this mod, but Its driving me mad!!! :) )

2) Can the GH3 version be made to sort by titles or by artist?

3) Can the GH3 version be made to play the preview of the song?

4) Can the GH3 version be made to show CD's instead of song list? (actually just telling me how to change either the background for that or the font color. I just find it hard to read. I kind of like the list view.)

Thanks, I really love this mod and just need to tweak it a little to be perfect!!!
kaiba1234

Postby kaiba1234 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:16 pm

gorilladf wrote:OK, please forgive my question but this is driving me crazy.

I've got this mod installed, and another 1.2.451 with RF-mod 4.15. I can run each of these just fine, but I've got question. There is no doubt I want to run the GH3 mod. But I'd like to add some features from the other mod and would like to know if what I want is impossible.

1) Why the hell won't HOPOs play in the 1.2.451 version?? Yet they play in the older GH3 version??? (nothing to do with this mod, but Its driving me mad!!! :) )

2) Can the GH3 version be made to sort by titles or by artist?

3) Can the GH3 version be made to play the preview of the song?

4) Can the GH3 version be made to show CD's instead of song list? (actually just telling me how to change either the background for that or the font color. I just find it hard to read. I kind of like the list view.)

Thanks, I really love this mod and just need to tweak it a little to be perfect!!!

1) Go to RF-mod game settings turn HO/POs on. If that doesnt work then check if tappable notes is on.

2) Yes. Look around in settings.

3) Yes. RF-Mod go to performace settings turn Disable Preview off.

4) Yes. Go to Hering Mod settings see "List" change that to "Cassette" I think itll show CDs.
Last edited by kaiba1234 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choix

Postby Choix » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Thank you it looks like a lot of hard work. Some of the menus could use some work though like text possitions.

But overall very good work.
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird. <3
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:43 pm

Text positions can't change unless some FoF source code is modified. I've already talked to some people on that area.
Last edited by worldrave on Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xesa

Postby Xesa » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:16 pm

i downloaded the mod, and it opened up to the main menu, when i pressed f1 (green) to advance to the next screen, the screen goes black and nothing happens. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ..
Xesa

Postby Xesa » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:27 pm

nvm i fixed my own problems, had no songs in the songs folder haha :p
Roofie

Postby Roofie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:32 pm

:cool: Great , ill give it a go !
Thanx
asoularisen

Postby asoularisen » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:54 pm

Wow this is great work dude, thanks a lot.
BigTree

Postby BigTree » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 am

Another first time poster here.

This mod is incredible, thank you very much. Its awesome.

Best of luck with your sister-in-law and the hospital.

After installing this awesome mod I did notice one odd thing though. It worked perfect for a while, than all of a sudden the green button would not work ingame, and when I tried to use it or anyother button throughout the menus it takes me back. I am pretty sure I had joy-to-key open with the FoF Althack config on. Any Ideas? I am using a PS3 GHIII guitar. When I go back to a second just created instance of the game it works fine. (the two instances are NOT linked)

Thank you very much for your time again.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”