Alarian V2.0 mod hotfixes - Updates while Alarian is away!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:35 am

Please note, Alarian is back as of May 8th, 2008. He has taken the lead again on this mod development line. Alarian's latest work can be found here.
***This thread is now obsolete except for those that want to use Alarian V2.0 / with a specific hotfix.

I will most likely not have time to work on anything for a while, I have gotten quite busy with paid work. However, when I can, I will assist Alarian in his efforts to further improve and debug this fine mod line.

Alarian mod V2.0 hotfixes:
This first post will be updated with the latest hotfixes for Alarian mod v2.0 while he is away on a much-deserved vacation.

TO START USING THIS LINE OF HOTFIXES (new users look here)

myfingershurt recommends:
Download my latest full release of Alarian V2 with hotfix #28 already applied.

Then, if there are hotfixes newer than #28, you may apply them if you'd like.

Jnuz has compiled Linux-compatible binaries for Alarian V2.0 with hotfix #28, and they are here.

----Alternative full-release download options-----

You can get Maze's latest installer link with hotfix #23.5 already applied. (note - I have not tested this.)

There are other Full Release download links for certain hotfixes below, in the history, if you'd prefer an earlier version.

Alarian has removed his original download link for v2.0, so if someone absolutely needs to use a hotfix earlier than #11 (which is the first that has its own full release) then let me know and I can upload the original v2.0 to mediafire and provide a link here.
---------------------------------------------------

(note: there may be newer hotfixes out that are not included in these pre-hotfixed releases, see below for downloads)

NOTICE: Do not attempt to merge any of these releases with any other install of Frets on Fire. Extract to a separate folder and apply later hotfixes as you see fit.

----
-------------------------------------

Interim hotfix 28.6 from glorandwarf) Link -Brings back the option to change POV, turns out it's always been there, it just hasn't been in the settings.
-Cleaned up some code in guitar scene for when it loads pictures
----

--------------------------------------------
Latest hotfix:

--28) Hotfix Link -- Full Release Link ---GH2 Strict after-chord HOPOs have been fixed. You may now remove fingers from a chord in order to tap a lower (or higher) note than was included in the chord without breaking your streak. Also changed setting names:
"Starpower claps" is now "Starpower clap SFX"
"Congrat Phrases" is now "Score SFX"

--------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

All of my hotfixes are cumulative; that is, the latest contains all previous fixes.

(remember, you can only install one hotfix - you do not need to download all of them)

To install any of the older hotfix packs, download the library.zip file and place it into your Alarian2\data folder, overwriting the original library.zip file.

Newer hotfix packs, with "data" and "library_zip_source" folders in the same archive, just extract the files/folders in the "data" folder to your Alarian2\data folder and let it overwrite the files.

Cumulative hotfix history and features are listed below, along with old links in case some users find older hotfixes more useful.

Known bugs / issues to hotfix are below. If you find a bug or have a reasonable suggestion not on the list, post it with as much detail as you can.

---If you figure out how to fix any listed issues and have some code fixes to submit, please either PM code changes to me or post here. Links to altered source files are fine too, just tell me which version / hotfix you started with. Please also put a comment (#john wuz here) wherever you changed code so I won't miss anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you are having trouble getting things to work correctly, go to the folder %appdata%\fretsonfire\ and delete fretsonfire.ini - then try again.
If you still have issues, try reverting to earlier hotfixes until your problems stop - then try to explain the issue and which hotfix seems to cause it for you. Worst case, revert to the original Alarian mod v2.0 and start applying hotfixes one at a time and testing.

PLEASE keep in mind you need to close all other applications (ESPECIALLY any version of Firefox or other web browsers) when playing FoF if you want things to run smoothly.

If you can prove a certain hotfix adds lag (by running unbiased, fair tests with the hotfix before it) and can report the bug to me in a way that helps me to recreate it on my computer... then I might be able to find the problem and help you. However, I don't see any lag....and I play on a laptop with a wireless GH2 controller.....

-------NEW HOTFIX INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS-------
Extract the files/folders in the "data" folder to your Alarian2\data folder and let it overwrite the files.[/i]

OR- if Maze has created an installer for the particular hotfix you want, then just download his installer and setup FoF like any other Windows application. Features of his installer are:

-Full release of Alarian V2 with the listed hotfix
-Quick and easy installation
-Installs game to program files
-Adds a desktop icon
-Adds to the start menu

Alternate graphics / sound files: (tell me about your graphics / sound mods and I will link them here)
Disclaimer: I am NOT taking credit for any of the below images / sounds. This is just a convenient posting of the various usable alternate graphical elements for Alarian V2 with my hotfixes. If you made something listed here and credit is not given, and this bothers you, please keep in mind it is tough to track who made what. Just tell me and I will credit you.

Alternate Rock Band Notes:
EdisLeado's even better version of my below hacked notes
Some new Rock Band notes I hacked together using EdisLeado's and Maze's
My old RB notes (from AlarianV2) - hacked up someone else's notes to have greyscale starpower notes
Maze's notes V1 with white starpower notes
Maze's notes V2 with spiky starpower note glow
Grey notes for gaining starpower, no normal HOPO glow
Some other notes where HOPOs are not smaller but just glow

Misc GFX:
MistTribe's gfx
emp3ror's stages
emp3ror's necks
rolliwood's 8-bit backgrounds / stages
Daevid's GH1 and GH2 themes
EdisLeado's mostly GH3 graphics patch
Maze's alternate GH3 GFX
Maze2234's GH2 theme
Blessedmain's new GH3 You Failed writing
Blessedmain's new GH3 You Rock writing

Alternate Sounds:
lsapg09's alternate GH2 main menu background music - Raw Dog, then Psychobilly Freakout, then War Pigs (for those who leave the main menu up for a while)
lsapg09's alternate GH2 clapsound and main menu songs from GH2

Currently working on:
----
GH2 after-chord HOPO-caused non-tappable note in a certain pattern, as reported by emp3ror.

Here is a link to the song with the problematic note pattern: Children of Bodom - Hate Me, @ approximately 4:00 left in the song (according to the on-screen song timer).

Here is the post with the screenshots that emp submitted that make this problematic note pattern blatantly obvious:

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....y208711

(the first SS is taken in a version without after-chord HOPOs, and the second SS is taken with a version that has after-chord HOPOs. The orange fret is not tappable for some reason in the second SS.)

I still have not been able to reproduce this in a short test song on my computer, so I will have to get the real song that has the issue and test later when I can play on my guitar.

This might take a bit to nail down and fix...

-------------

---------------HOPO System detail:-------------

*"None" = No tappable notes at all.
---Every note (or chord) requires a strum.

*"RF-Mod" = Original HOPO system from RF-Mod 4.15.
---The first note in a string of the same notes can NOT be tapped.
---The note before a chord can NOT be tapped.
---You can NOT strum a tappable note while holding a lower fret.
---You can NOT tap an incorrect fret in between HOPOs
---You CAN hold a higher fret and tap a lower fret
---You can NOT tap a note after a chord.

*"GH2 Strict" = Guitar Hero 2-like HOPO system with strict rules.
---The first note in a string of the same notes CAN be tapped.
---The note before a chord CAN be tapped.
---You CAN strum a tappable note while holding a lower fret.
---You can NOT tap an incorrect fret in between HOPOs
---You can NOT hold a higher fret and tap a lower fret
---You CAN tap a note after a chord (if the option is enabled)

*"GH2 Sloppy" = Guitar Hero 2-like HOPO system with sloppy rules.
---The first note in a string of the same notes CAN be tapped.
---The note before a chord CAN be tapped.
---You CAN strum a tappable note while holding a lower fret.
---You CAN tap an incorrect fret in between HOPOs
---You CAN hold a higher fret and tap a lower fret
---You CAN tap a note after a chord (if the option is enabled)

I seem to have to repeat the below explanation an awful lot, so here it is for the last time:
When there is a HOPO before another note on the same fret, and they are close enough so that their early / late margins overlap... if you try to strum the HOPO closer to the second note then the game will assume that's the one you're trying to strum.

If you think you can code a better solution than this, then by all means - please do so and show me. I have no problems with the way it is now.

If you think there should be different HOPO mode, please be as specific as possible and describe what you want. Describe your request like I described the existing systems above. Then give your reason... if enough users agree I will code another HOPO system.

----Notes on the new "after-chord HOPO" system update:
If you find a note pattern that causes issues with this new HOPO system, please take a screenshot of gameplay that shows the problem (press Print Screen and then after the game, paste into an image program, save it and share / post a link) so that I may recreate the problem here and debug it.

Basic premise: tappable note after chord
-You CAN pull off any other fingers from a 3-or-4-note chord to "tap" a HOPO (confirmed)
-You CAN pull a finger off a higher fret from the chord to "tap" a HOPO.
-You CAN pull a finger off a lower fret from the chord to "tap" a HOPO.

HOTFIX HISTORY / OLD LINKS
Cumulative changes from original Alarian V2.0:
--1) (thanks to khornerz for this solution) Multi-OS-friendly file-fetching code (Max / Linux / Win)
--2) 8-bit mod repaired
--3) Link Guitar and bass track confusions fixed!
--4) Link HO/PO system selection or diasble (fixed!)
--5) Link Random stage backgrounds enable / disable setting
--6) Link GH2 HOPO system no longer allows HOPO hits while holding a higher fret
--7) Link GH2 "sloppy" HOPO system option added - allows tapping while holding a higher fret for sloppy players like myself
--8) Link Fixed bugs related to "End Song" - which also will store partial song scores. "Change Song" has been made the default option after scoring. If a song is ended with 0 score, the results screen is bypassed - avoiding the looping bug that situation causes. Also clarified "HOPO Timing" option names: "Close" "GH2" and "Far" - indicating the required spacing between notes for HOPOs to be possible
--9) Link Fixed bug where "restart song" would render additional sets of BPM lines, showing up as ever-thickening BPM lines in-game and causing lag
--9.5) Link (Blazingamer) - code cleanup, and CD-list background images have been fixed
--10) Link Fixed bug "invalid literal for int" at score screen. Also moved where the "loading" screen is displayed while preparing to play a song - it appears briefly and then disappears after some later code removes it again - at least it shows up now. Also -- reverted "HOPO Timing" setting labels to pre-Alarian values of "Less" "Normal" and "More"
--11) Hotfix Link ---- Full Release Link Automatic lyrics! Settings available:
------Lyrics Off
------Lyrics only if song.ini says so
------Lyrics On if script.txt available -- auto mode
--12) Link GH2 Strict / Sloppy system - Lefty mode fret / key enumeration fix - this affects how the game determines which frets are "higher" than others, and was screwed up by Lefty mode users in previous hotfixes.
--13) Link CD label fix from Blazingamer 12.5
and updated to GH-like star scoring calculations from ShiekODaSandz as follows, and is based on average multiplier: THIS FIX IS BUGGED, GET 14
--14) Link Fixed GH-like star scoring calculations where almost
FC'd songs give 4 stars -original solution by ShiekODaSandz- based on average multiplier:
------5*=2.8x AND > 90% accuracy (this was the bugged part)
------4*=2.0x
------3*=1.2x
------2*=0.4x
------1*=0.0x
--15) Link ---solution provided by Alarian from across the pond---
Automatic main menu background scaling - 8bit mod main menu stretches to fullscreen now.
--16) Link ---Screenshot of new 8-bit background Stage2.png
----"Random Stages" setting changed to "Stage Mode" setting, with options:
-----Random -- automatically selects a random stage1-stagexx.png
-----Stage1 -- just uses Stage1.png
-----Blank -- uses BlankStage.png (REQUIRED NEW FILE)
----ALSO - 8-bit mod supports random backgrounds, included are Stage1 original and Stage2 C64 --forgot from who-- (REQUIRED AT LEAST STAGE1.PNG)
-------Additional setup steps:-------
-------Place the BlankStage.png file in your data folder.
-------Place the 8-bit Stage1 and Stage2.png files in the data\8bit folder.
--17) Link (thanks to glorandwarf) Background randomization counting has been optimized. Loading / preparation time to play a song has been reduced noticeably.
--18) Link GH2 Strict and GH2 Sloppy systems now ignore incorrectly-tapped frets between HOPO notes. Also ensured that the special-case HOPO strum logic does not get applied to non-HOPO note checks.
--19) Link When holding a note with a lower fret, releasing the lower fret does not break the held note.
--20) Hotfix Link ----- Full Release Link Hotfix 18 (incorrect taps in between HOPOs ignored) is now only applied to the GH2 Sloppy system.
--21) Hotfix Link ------ Maze's Installer Link Capo's starpower clap SFX now available as an option. HOPO System = "None" mode will now work with starpower and killswitch.
--22) Link Big GH2 HOPO sytem update! HOPOs allowed after chords. Chord pull-offs if you'd like. All additional logic required to track the notes and mark them for this has been debugged.
Old HOPO system fix - sometimes, a note before a chord was just not tappable. This will no longer happen.
Also - the Rock Band greyscale starpower notes have been redrawn by Maze, they are now glowing white. These new notes are included in the hotfix, under data\Rockband Mod.
--22.5)Interim update from Blazingamer: Hotfix 22.5:
Blazingamer has fixed some of the CD list display code. If you already use Hotfix #22, just download this and add the Dialogs.py to your library.zip

--23) Link CD List Bug Fixes:
-----(Blazingamer22.5) CD / song rotation corrected
-----(Blazingamer22.5) Auto song preview enabled
-----(Blazingamer22.5) First CD shows label
------However, hotfix 22.5 was not debugged... the yellow fret preview was not implemented, and no-CD list view was buggy. Also, the CD cases for folders were still being rendered backwards. So, from 22.5 I have:
-------Added user setting for "Song Previews" - can be set to "Auto" or "Yellow Fret"
-------Added yellow fret preview functionality again
-------Added two additional CD case "select" rotations to properly face the front towards the user when browsing song library
Interim hotfix from glorandwarf: 23.5) Changed Code Link ------- Maze's Installer - Song "Loading" screen is now handled asynchronously from the actual song loading - so the "Loading" screen stays up until the song is ready to play now.
Test hotfix: 23.6) Link Added Glorandwarf's hotfix 23.5 code for asynchronous loading screen. Also removed the one change from hotfix 17 to 18 that somehow might have caused GH2 Strict pull-off issues (please test, I cannot confirm).
--24) Link --GH2 Strict pull-off issues seem to have been fixed in test hotfix 23.6, so that change is included here. --DO NOT GET 24, GET 24.1 INSTEAD.
--The Divra starpower-friendly score chart has been added as the new default Starpower score upload chart. Just enable "Upload Highscores" in the Game Settings.
--(glorandwarf) The board speed during the song countdown now matches the song speed exactly. A side effect of this is that the countdown's speed depends on the song's speed (slower songs will have a longer countdown).
--24.1) Link --The Divra starpower-friendly score chart automatically-added address has been corrected (hotfix 24 used the viewing address as the upload address by mistake).
--25) Link --Blazingamer's two new options for star scoring method (avg multiplier or raw percentage) and congratulations phrases (when you receive your star rating, the sound effects that play) have been implemented and debugged.
--26) Link -- Blessedmain's "You Rock!" graphic and EdisLeado's crowd cheer SFX played when you finish a song, before scoring. Thanks to Alarian for the original code suggestion to achieve this. Separate GFX for each theme - feel free to submit alternate images and sounds.
Interim hotfix 26.5 from glorandwarf: LinkThe countdown length before a song will now be constant no matter the speed of the song.
--27) Link -- Glorandwarf's countdown board speed timing fix #2 has been applied (all song countdowns will be the same now).
--- Also, an option has been added that enables / disables HOPOs after chords (so everyone that has issues with it can disable it while I debug it, which may take a while)
--28) Hotfix Link -- Full Release Link ---GH2 Strict after-chord HOPOs have been fixed. You may now remove fingers from a chord in order to tap a lower (or higher) note than was included in the chord without breaking your streak. Also changed setting names:
"Starpower claps" is now "Starpower clap SFX"
"Congrat Phrases" is now "Score SFX"
Interim hotfix 28.5 from glorandwarf) Link Fixed player 2's default key settings, and player 2 key processing in solo mode. Add to an installation that already has hotfix #28.
Interim hotfix 28.6 from glorandwarf) Link -Brings back the option to change POV, turns out it's always been there, it just hasn't been in the settings.
-Cleaned up some code in guitar scene for when it loads pictures

--------------------
Known issues that need hotfixin:

Issues in italics have been confirmed / reproduced by me on my computer.

-In the rockband theme, you can go past full starpower and start a second starpower bar but only by using the killswitch button, and if you finnish a full star power riff it will remove the extra starpower.

-If you pause and select "Restart" during the "You Rock" fanfare, the song will still end after the rock timer counts down.

-High note densities cause in-game lag? (maybe related to the checks for problematic same-note HOPO strums?)

-GH3 theme (and possibly RB and 8-bit themes as well) have notes layered in the wrong direction (notes in front are underneath the notes behind them) See MistTribe's bug report with SS.

The folder / directory location in the Rock Band theme no-CD songlist is displayed way off to the left, off the screen.

-Capo's starpower clap SFX don't seem to be very regular. I recommend everyone play with these turned off until a fix is discovered.

-Game will sometimes crash when entering the Settings menu with sudden abnormally high memory usage.

-Menu font size is sometimes much larger than it is supposed to be. This condition is very tough to reproduce, and the next restart of FoF typically goes back to normal size font

-While holding a note, you can tap a higher note without breaking the held note.

-The release of a long held note early does not mute player track (guitar or bass) (must add some fudge in there to allow for slightly early releases without muting)

-Starpower notes are not always in the same place after a restart (starpower calculation and assignment should be consistent)

-The default Player 2 key settings involve Home, Insert, Delete, PgUp, and PgDn. If Player 1 is set to use any of these keys while they are still set by Player 2, an in-game error "list index out of range" will appear and the control will not work. (If you have this issue, just change Player 2's controls so none of them conflict until an automatic fix can be created)

-In some cases, Player 2's keys are processed even in solo mode (maybe only when a note is hittable?)

-Party mode complains of Player2's keys not being set when they are.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------Other To-Do--------------------------

-Rewrite / optimize / relocate logic that determines when there might be a strummed HOPO before another note on the same fret (not a chord). A special designation can be logically determined when all the other HOPO-related marking happens, before the song starts. This might improve in-game lag issues somewhat, speeding up strummed note checks.

-Add logic to the GH2 chord pull-off system to not allow lower finger pull-offs (pull-offs are only supposed to work from higher fret to lower fret, not vice versa)

-Organize the Settings menus, spread settings out logically so everything is not crammed into the Game Settings.

-Add a random main menu song function, much like the random backgrounds will play menu1.ogg menu2.ogg .... up to menu9999.ogg, however many songs are available it will choose randomly from.

-Add user option to enable or disable the rock band's full-starpower neck glow

-Instead of rendering a small blank stage background for the "Blank" stage option, actually disable the stage rendering. (Stage "Blank" will become Stage "Off")

-Gather and rename all available necks and backgrounds for use in this mod

-Add automatic neck scaling to the neck selection menu, so that higher-resolution necks may be selected.

-Add eigth-note HOPO as a global option (like the lyric option)

-Finish modularizing objects "Rock Band-style theme" and "GH-style theme" to allow for multiple themes to be organized by folder and selectable in-game.

-Change tracked / displayed highscores per song from 5 to 10

- Add ability to pack rock meter graphics or sounds in their own zip and then have FoF "extract" the files from them when running like how it uses the .py's in the library.zip. It would be more organized and would cut down on the folder size even more.

- Random song: Add ability to picking a random song in-game (either random from all songs or random from all songs in folder)

- Practice: Being able to jump to a certain part of a song and/or change the speed.

-(on the subject of how killswitch's starpower reward system currently works): The only problem is you have to keep the guitar track COMPLETELY off to get optimal overdrive/star power. It's not fun, and it ruins the song.
--so, implement a killswitch hotfix that adds starpower as you enable / disable the killswitch instead of just for holding it down
---(holding down killswitch just once for a held starpower note would, under this new hotfix, only add one "chunk" of starpower until
-----you released it again.)

-(on the subject of super-crazy solos being "tappable" without requiring strums to start / restart the streak): Perhaps if there are more than X number of HO/POs in a row with a maximum of Y time between them all, that can be the indicator. Then all notes until the next strum-only note would be considered tappable without requiring a strum, if the option is on in the settings menu.
-------------

Want to upload your highscores to a score chart?
Puppetz has informed me about a new score chart that's starpower-user friendly. It still won't be able to tell whether or not someone used the GH2 Strict or GH2 Sloppy system, but at least we have a separate score chart :)

The Divras charts are up now for the Starpower people to upload score. The address is:

http://fofchart.exofire.net/index.php?sp=true

-----------------------------------------------

How do I upload scores if I use starpower?

This is only for players using a hotfix before hotfix #24.1, which (correctly) automatically takes care of the new URL:

1) Locate fretsonfire.ini (Start->Run->%appdata%/fretsonfire/fretsonfire.ini)
2) Replace "uploadurl = [url=http://kempele.fi/~skyostil/python/fretsonfire/upload"]http://kempele.fi/~skyostil/python/fretsonfire/upload"[/url]
with "uploadurl = [url=http://fofchart.exofire.net/uploadsp.php"]http://fofchart.exofire.net/uploadsp.php"[/url]
3) Go to Settings->Game Settings->Upload Highscores and set it to "Yes"
4) Play! All scores for the song will be uploaded after you have finished it.

Last edited by myfingershurt on Tue May 13, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:22 am

myfingershurt wrote:Those of you using Mac OS or Linux, please let me know if this hotfix works for you. Seems fine on Windows XP.

Testing on my Mac seems ok so far. I'm not gonna be able to perform a lot of testing tonight, but if anything turns up, I'll let you know.

Also, about fixing 8bit mod, in case someone wants to add stage backgrounds to the 8bit theme in the future, it might be a good idea to change the code in GuitarScene.py to something like this:

Code: Select all

##This checks how many Stage-background we have to select from
 Ã‚   for i in range(1,10000):
 Ã‚     try:
 Ã‚       self.engine.loadImgDrawing(self, "background", os.path.join(str(themefolder),"Stage"+str(i)+".png"))
 Ã‚     except IOError:
 Ã‚       exists = 0
 Ã‚       break
 Ã‚     else:
 Ã‚       exists = 1
 Ã‚     if exists == 1:
 Ã‚       self.maxBG = i
 Ã‚   i = random.randint(1,self.maxBG)
##End check number of Stage-backgrounds
 Ã‚   
 Ã‚   if self.theme == 0:#8bit
 Ã‚     self.engine.loadImgDrawing(self, "background", os.path.join("8bit","Stage"+str(i)+".png")) #Change this line

The Stage.png in the 8bit folder would have to be renamed to Stage1.png though.
Last edited by trinidude4 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:35 am

already fixed that in hotfix 2 - see first post.

Thanks though. :)

edit: hotfix 3 is here! see first post.

And... with that I will call it a night. Enjoy!
Last edited by myfingershurt on Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killmaster222

Postby Killmaster222 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:22 am

Why is the main menu screen in the 8-bit mod still small?
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:22 am

myfingershurt wrote:already fixed that in hotfix 2 - see first post.

Yup, I saw the fix in hotfix 2:

Code: Select all

#myfingershurt: only run this check if 8-bit mod is not selected - else crash, yo
    if self.theme > 0: #not 8-bit theme
      for i in range(1,10000):
        try:
          self.engine.loadImgDrawing(self, "background", os.path.join(str(themefolder),"Stage"+str(i)+".png"))

I was just thinking that if you make the hotfix that way, then the 8bit mod would be limited to only having the one stage background. It doesn't really matter right now since the 8bit mod only does have one stage background right now.

Great job so far. Keep it up.
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:01 am

thanks myfinger, i hope u still working when alarian is gone ;) great job
emp3ror

Postby emp3ror » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:33 am

thanks for your hard work!

it's good to see some fixes :D
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:43 am

khornerz wrote:Today, I will check if hotfix is ok in ubuntu, but, if my suggestion is applied as I told, it will be no problem.

(will edit this post when I can confirm this)

(oh, and give me a little credit if you think my idea is useful, I'm proud of it ;) )

Certainly. Credited in first post. Gotta remind me when I forget something like this, my priorities are to implement and test the wanted fixes... I always forget to hunt down who's idea was who's.

The 8-bit stage background is still small because I haven't tried to find the older large one yet. I was more concerned with the inability to use that theme.

For now, random 8-bit backgrounds are disabled - but if we start getting multiple background files for it, I can re-enable this and release a version with properly-named stages so that users can play without fixing anything.

Actually, if you compare the time required to start an 8-bit theme song and an Rockband or GH3-theme song, you can tell how much time is wasted loading and checking the background images. On my 2GHz laptop, RB and GH3 theme songs take 10 seconds to load / start. The 8-bit mod only takes 3 or 4 seconds to load / start.
Eze_2k

Postby Eze_2k » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:50 am

thx a lot!
Pardon my crappy english
Songs:
Megaman 3 - Snake man
Megaman 3 - Boss
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:52 pm

myfinger, can u make a option to disable random bg?

Edit: 666 posts \m/

Edit2: I was thinking or maybe make a option, where u can choose how much BG u want too use, then we can skip the "search for bgs", and just randomize that number.
Last edited by lnkk on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:23 pm

Yeah, that's a good idea... will make that an option in the next hotfix.

Just finished separating my HOPO system from RF-Mod's original - selectable HOPO system (or none at all) in settings now.
Killmaster222

Postby Killmaster222 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:02 pm

The new hotfix f***ed it up, now i can't strum in-game anymore.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:06 pm

did it? OK, I'll put the last one back up and see if I can figure that out. Sorry about that.
snowspire

Postby snowspire » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:07 pm

Am I doing something wrong? I replaced the library.zip with fully hotfixed library.zip and now when i start the song and try to hit notes it says GuitarSceneClient instance has no attribute 'doPick3'

Can anyone help?
Image At last!!! My RB instruments are here!!!
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:08 pm

What's up with the stumming? :(
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”