Guitar Hero Compilation Mod - Check it out!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Duckmeister

Postby Duckmeister » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:34 am

Duckmeister
Presents...

The Guitar Hero Compilation Mod
for Frets On Fire

This is an entire install of Frets On Fire version 1.1.324 including the following mods:

All GH1 and GH2 songs (including bonus tracks)

RF-Mod v3.5

C-Mod v.3

GH Difficulties Mod

GH Background Mod v0.2 and 0.3 combined with CrowdMod so that the crowd only sounds when you're at a concert

Guitar Perspective Mod

GH Sounds Mod

Fozz Keys

Noob Edition Notes

Fozz's ESP F400-FM neck (remake)

Orange 5th Fret Mod

White HOPO Notes Mod

New Menu Music

GH fretboard sound

CrowdMod

CD Mod

Talos Custom Mod

Inappropriate Titles Removed Mod

Pictures of the Guitar Hero Compilation Mod

I decided to release this package as it is what I have for my own game, and I wanted to give it to others. As forementioned, this is a entire install of Frets On Fire, so do not place all of this stuff inside your data folder. Place it wherever the heck you want.

However, what I did was compile the mods, make them all completely compatible (except for the C-Mod and CrowdMod, though they both work to most people's liking), and I made a few mods myself. But I did not make every single mod in this package, therefore many, many thanks goes to the following hard-working people:

"Capo" for his C-Mod

Our friends over at FOF.Spain for all the GH1 songs

"anarko919" for all the GH2 songs

"dgrams2000" for his GH Background Mods

"amplitude" and "Master Yogurt" and the rest of their team for there CrowdMod

"Rogue_F" for his RF-Mod

"Nightmare JG" for his CD Mod

"buckethead loves kfc" for his GH Difficulties mod

"Keith" for his non caps-lock GH Difficulties remake

"Seafoo" for his Noob Edition mod

"GUITAR HERO II" for his GH sounds mod

"Talos" for his Talos Custom Mod

"element3260" for his Guitar Perspecive Mod and remake of Fozz's ESP-F400FM neck

"Fozz(icus)" for his New Notes, Keys, and Folder Labels Mod, as well as his Guitar Perspective Mod that he didn't finish

"Pudding" for his contribution to the RF-Mod for multiplayer split screen

and Unreal Voodoo Inc. for making Frets On Fire.

Things made by me:

New Menu Music (Cochise by Audioslave (guitar only))

Orange 5th Fret Mod

White HOPO Notes Mod

Inapropriate Titles Removed Mod

Organization of GH1 and GH2 songs

Rhythm.ogg files taken out of songs

Compilation of all mods

Incompatibility/duplicate files removed from mods (that way they all work)

New sounds for instances not covered by the GH Sounds mod (i.e. perfect1.ogg, out.ogg, etc.)

New Color Schemes (nothing serious, just black main menu and white text)

This mod is made to be a USEFUL Guitar Hero mod for Frets On Fire. Yes, there are many cosmetic changes to the game, but they only add to the Guitar Hero experience the other mods bring.

I made this mod so that people can enjoy playing Frets On Fire easily. There is absolutely no amount of work you have to do, besides install it (or get extra necks, I'm not that much of a custom-neck person, unless it's original). Please give me an abundance of feedback, because I want to know what you think about my mod.

How to install this mod:

BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT YOU FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY.

The same instructions are located in the README, which is in each of the five files you have to download. This way you absolutely cannot mess it up (unless you're illiterate, lol).

1. Take all five .zip files and extract them as specified in the following instructions.

2. Take the "Frets On Fire" folder and put it anywhere you want.

3. Place the "data" folder inside the "Frets On Fire" folder.

4. Create a folder inside the "data" folder called "songs".

5. Place the "Guitar Hero I" and "Guitar Hero II" folder inside the "songs" Folder.

6. Place the "mods" folder inside the "data" Folder.

7. Go into My Computer.

8. Click and apply "Show Hidden Files and Folders" by clicking "Tools", then "Folder Options", then "View" and finding that option on the list.

8. Move the "fretsonfire.ini" (located in "Frets On Fire") to "C:/Documents And Settings/USER/Application Data/fretsonfire" and replace the file that's there (if there is one).

9. Go to your newly unzipped folder, right-click the Frets On Fire application, hold your mouse over "Send To", then click "Desktop (Create Shortcut)".

10. If you have a previous install of Frets On Fire, right-click the newly created desktop icon, and select "Properties".

11. Once in "Properties", click "Change Icon".

12. Click "Browse", then find the folder that contains your previous install of Frets On Fire.

13. Click on the icon there, then click "OK", then click "Apply", then click "OK" again.

14. Then double-click on the icon on your desktop for Frets On Fire.

15. ENJOY!!!

Things to watch for:

Player 1's controls are specifically set up for using a Guitar Hero guitar controller.

There are no CD Labels AT ALL. If you want them, you'll have to download them yourself.

There is only one neck, and it's element3260's remake of Fozz's ESP-F400FM neck.

The crowd sounds only play when you choose one of the "Concert" backgrounds, giving the feel that you're in a concert.

DOWNLOADS:

There are five (5) files to download. Be sure to follow the installation instructions EXACTLY.

File 1

File 2

File 3

File 4

File 5

ENJOY!!!!!!
signap

Postby signap » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:39 pm

BIG THX

Duckmeister

Postby Duckmeister » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:20 pm

Thank you signap.

Lol, what a boost for morale to have someone say you're mod is beepin' awesome!
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:30 pm

wow, u did a f***ing awesome job, obviously we need to thanks everyone that make the "pieces" of the mod, but u need a especial thanks for the hard work "setting the pieces". THANK U.

Iam f***ing lazy now, and my english probably sucked, i think i need some rest :S
Last edited by lnkk on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tazguy79

Postby tazguy79 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:41 pm

so basically its what i released in the starter pack, only more complicated...o well, i know how long this takes 2 put one of these together, and good job
Ivix

Postby Ivix » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:35 pm

This is brilliant. Everyone involved in making this game as good as it can be gets a big thumbs up from me!
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:56 pm

Nice.
Duckmeister

Postby Duckmeister » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:57 pm

Wow thanks a lot guys. Now I know about the starter pack and all that, but this has everything GH related on this entire forum, and they are ALL up to date. No old version of mods here. This has more GH related stuff than the starter pack does.

No offense to tazguy, because now I know how torturous it is to put something like this together.

Thanks again for the great feedback, I really apreciate it.
Last edited by Duckmeister on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:01 pm

Wow, you actually set the crowd sounds to the backgrounds. I never thought about that. Brilliant.

Nice bundle pack.
~Jake2k3
Last edited by jake2k3 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Duckmeister

Postby Duckmeister » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:22 pm

L
O
L.

317 views, and guess what?

6 replies!

Anyways, thanks Jake for the good feedback.

Also people, make sure you download ALL of the files. Using just one is not going to work that well, lol.
Last edited by Duckmeister on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raptor jesus

Postby raptor jesus » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Looks great, although I recommend releasing a songless version for those who already have all the songs.
smedricksman24

Postby smedricksman24 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:00 am

What exactly is the "Inappropriate Titles Removed" mod. I'm asking because I can't think of any songs which have cursing in the titles, and because inappropriate is a very subjective word.
Why am I on this website? I'm clearly over the age limit of 14.
HeruLuingul

Postby HeruLuingul » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:05 am

The most inappropriate thing I can think of is "Cherry Pie." :p

Great work with this, now we have somewhere to direct everyone who **** about FOF not being enough like GH. Seriously, must have been time-consuming though.
raptor jesus

Postby raptor jesus » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:41 am

What exactly is the "Inappropriate Titles Removed" mod.

I was sort of wondering the same thing. Off to search!

*raises fist into the air and flies away*

[edit]Hmm... Search didn't find much for me :(
Last edited by raptor jesus on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duckmeister

Postby Duckmeister » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:39 am

The Inappropriate Titles Removed mod basically takes any outright profane names in songs and changes them to something else.

For example: The band that plays Who Was in My Room Last Night was changed to "The Surfers". Lame, I know, but I really don't want to look at stuff like that when I'm playing.

However, there were some things I did not change, because the alternative was worse. For example: The song by Avenged Sevenfold? The alternative would basically be saying the real names.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”