Practice Mode Mod

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Xeer

Postby Xeer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:42 pm

I have an idea to add a somewhat makeshift practice mode, by replacing the "Jurgen cheat" with a bit of coding that skips ahead to song a certain amount of time, but I have one question, where exactly is the coding for the "Jurgen cheat"?

Thanks in advance.
warhol

Postby warhol » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:45 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about. Expound plz
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Xeer

Postby Xeer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:50 pm

Okay, you know how you can type "uptomytempo" to get Jurgen to play the song for you. Well my idea is replacing the coding of that with something that cuts ahead a certain amount of time to a part of the song.
I.E. You type in "skip2:10" The game would skip ahead to 2 minutes and 10 seconds. The problem with this plan is that I don't know where the coding for the "Jurgen cheat" is.
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:24 pm

guitarscene.py fuction keypressed 3. that define the "uptomytempo" to active the autoplay.

and in run function ,you can find the code "if autoplay:" and the code below is what you want.
-
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:15 am

Wouldnt it be better to code so the game looks in the song.ini for times and skips to that certian time.

for example...

part_1 = 0:00 to 0:45
part_2 = 0:46 to 1:20
part_3 = 1:21 to 2:00
ect...

Then later on you could advance it a bit to allow custom names which then would look like...

part_1_name = intro
part_2_name = insane riff
ect...

I think that would be better than just typing cheats in to make it work.
ADH

Postby ADH » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:56 pm

dude if someone can do this it would be awesome and alot of people would dld it I bet.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:13 am

I don't really think that the design of the cheat system really makes it the best solution.

Also, anyone using "practice mode" would get the big "CHEATER" words which would be kinda annoying.

I think the best system would be to have times defined in the song.ini (I think beat numbers would be neater than absolute times, but do whatever) and have a "Go to Section" option in the pause menu which opens up a submenu with the section names. When you select a section name, a variable is set to mark that you're using practice mode so it doesn't bother with scoring, as well as actually skipping there.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
warhol

Postby warhol » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:16 am

Know what I prefer?

"Start song at x:xx"
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
dionzorrr

Postby dionzorrr » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:23 am

warhol wrote:Know what I prefer?

"Start song at x:xx"

it shouldnt be that hard really warhol.

this should take much @ all.

it's possible!
Don't PM me about my 'Potty-Mouth' kk.
Song's made: dragon ball z - American theme , rouge trader's - do you wanna

ImageImage
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:53 am

How many of these threads were started and ended with no progress? Someone always has a good idea, but no one is going to make it, unless you do it yourself.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:40 am

I think I can do everything except the bit were you actually change what position the song is actually in -_- .

If it's simple to change the song position then someone should actually just do it. Or just tell me how to change it. And if they find that it's actually really hard, then they should tell everyone so we can stop suggesting it.

EDIT: I've tried to make the song start somewhere other than the beginning, and I've only succeeded in making it crash. I've also found this, and I'm not sure what to make of it:
(Song.ini, Song class)

Code: Select all

def play(self, start = 0.0):
    self.start = start
    self.music.play(0, start / 1000.0)
    if self.guitarTrack:
      assert start == 0.0
      self.guitarTrack.play()
    if self.rhythmTrack:
      assert start == 0.0
      self.rhythmTrack.play()
    self._playing = True
It seems that they tried to make a way to start the song later than the beginning (not sure if it has an effect on the note chart though), but those asserts seem to suggest that they couldn't make the guitar and rhythm charts start later.
Last edited by coolguy567 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
iamnoob

Postby iamnoob » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:28 pm

I hope you are on to something. We need this to make FOF that much better.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”