Two-Players Mod-> Setting Script

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 16 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:43 pm

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?tmjxtc3grll

this script is writing with the CMD bat file.

the Script can do :

1. Choose the Player.
You can choose One or Two player to have fun without do some influence to the RockBand MOD. So the mod can let you choose it freely without to worry about that you can not play the RockBand Mod after you play the Two-Player Mode. And the Two-Player Mode in the game, the mportant file is copyed from the GH MOD! So it is GH liked.

2.When you Choose the Single-Player Mode, you can choose the Theme you want to use.
As the describition, you can choose it with this script that you needn't to choose in game, and needn't to Restart Game!

3.After that, you can choose the Resolution you want to use.
As the same, you needn't to set it in game, and the Restart.

So with the script, you can easily and quickly to set your game to the one you want. And after you execute the script, you needn't to set more! You can play the game by Zero-Setting!

ETC: I set the Pick botton to the "7/8" key in the Number-Pad. And the Star-Power is on "9" key. The wammy in "+" key in the number-pad.

If you choose the Two-Player Mode, the second player's key as the Single ones. And the First players key was:
Fret: "1~5" key on Keybord. Pick is "<" and ">". the Star Power is "/". the Wammy is "Right-

Shift".

And I put the "Joy To key" in this pack. You can use it directly. When you choose the One-Player, you need to use the "Left" setting; And When you choose the Two-Players, you need to use the "Right" one.

If you want to use the DEFAULT key setting, you can edit the 4 files in "settings" folder. And delete the [Player0] or [Player1] and its sub settings.

Fretsonfire.single -> GH mod and single-player setting file
Fretsonfire.singlerb -> RB mod and single-player setting file
Fretsonfire.double -> GH mod and Two-players setting file
fretsonfire.bakf -> Safety setting file. You can use it when you can not play the game.

And the others that different from the default,
the "game_priority" be set to "3" (Higher)
the HOPO set to "2" (More)
the Anti-Aliasing to None
the Refresh-Rate to 75 (For LCD)
the "SVG Quality" to low (to insure the Refresh-Rate)
the "Board Speed" to 130 (1.3 times)

So it will be more smooth.But if you don't like the setting like this, you can edit the setting file and delete the setting code. Or you can edit the code to your favourate.

The last, I want to say sorry to everyone. I only have the Chinese version of "Joy To Key". So you need to download a English version only with the "Joytokey.exe" file to overwrite the including one. And don't delete or overwrite the "Left.cfg" or "Right.cfg".

And, it just script! So the Two-Player Mode is not perfect enough! the Score and the combo only can showed for the 2nd Player, and the star-power only can showed for the 1st Player. But, unless the two-player mode of GH3 liked become playable. That why I do it.

Have fun with it!
Last edited by qqstars on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
ozzystrikes

Postby ozzystrikes » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:08 pm

WOW pretty complicated
but thank you im gonna chek it uot
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:38 pm

O that is not complicated.

I just tell you how to modify the setting to your favourate when you don't like to setting it like me.

If you want to play(not to change the setting), you have to run the script. That's all. Nothing needing you to do more :)
-
ShiekOdaSandz

Postby ShiekOdaSandz » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:55 pm

I don't know if you read my post, but I added the multiplayer option to the "Settings" section so you don't need the .bat file. I like giving people the option of how to customize their mods; that way people can just edit through the game the options they want rather than having them all preset.

Thanks for the good work, though.
Done with year 1 of med school! (Finally!)
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:10 am

I have seen your post. But when I used it, I found that just the same as to change fretsonfire.ini to play the two-player mod.

That is, the star-power and the rock metre were still cover the 2nd player. So So....

But what I do is, To use the Rock Band Mod with the GH mod file to play the two-player mod. That is different. When you use my Script, the Rock metre is RB-liked, so it wouldn't cover the 2nd player's view. And the same time, the note and the frets-Botton are the GH liked, so it has a good sight to play the two-player mode.

So I can say, use my script, at lest the Two-Player mod become playable. If only change the setting to have the two-player mod, you must bear that the covering on the 2nd player. But use the script, you could don't worry about the Covering.

That's all :)
-
ShiekOdaSandz

Postby ShiekOdaSandz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:15 am

I understand. The GH3 is not fixed, as I said, and the RB works with the RB. It is the same as changing the .ini, but the difference is that it is now embedded in the code. I mentioned that I had not worked on the other features yet, but that this was a beginning. I think it would be great if you could help code the multiplayer so that it works right (like in the RF-mod). That way everything is contained within the game itself and no extra files are necessary.
Done with year 1 of med school! (Finally!)
Ds~

Postby Ds~ » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:27 am

Good luck man ^^

If u need graphics to make the scores, meters and something else to 2 players mode, pm me ^^
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 am

O that is so sorry, I don't very skilled in Py system.

But as I analysis, the problem must on the code that UC added in to show the Rock metre,StarPower ,and the scores. that must be the Position setting on it.

As the picture I post in the topic, you can see the bars' position. That is just like the all thing are limited in the very narrow place in the middle of the screen.

So, I think, the first thing is not change the position of the bars. That must modify the code about the multiplayer. At least, the proportion of the whole screen and the bars added by UC. In other words, the first thing is,let the proportion be correct. As in the picture, that means let the life bar to the leftest place, and the score bars to the rightest place. If finish that ,the star-power bars will on the right width as in the single-player mode.

And after that, to change the bars to right position. I believed that mustn't very hard.

The third, is to think a way to show the 1st players score. Right now, it just can show the 2nd players score, combo and star-power, and the 1st players life. This work is to show all players situation.

after that, I believed the mod must perfect on it.

But pitily, I am not skill on py as I said. So I can just give some logical way to solve it. And also give some advice to who can code it.

So I write the script, at least can make people play the 2-player mode before the really one finished.
-
ateshu

Postby ateshu » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:08 am

Awesome man! :)
Does this work with only Ds~Alerian or also with the normal UC v2 mod.
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:42 am

For Every mod after the UC 2.0.
-
khornerz

Postby khornerz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:12 am

if 2 players mode is implemented in rockband mod (i didn't try it)
to make all bars look like as in single player mode only need to put,
in file Guitarscene.py, in function def Render, after "if theme = 2" (i think rockband mod is 2)

Code: Select all

self.engine.view.setViewport(1,0)

then, you will see all bars as normal...
can someone try it?

edit---

oh, another tip,

if you use self.engine.view.setViewportHalf(2,0) instead of the code above, you will see the bars only in first half of the screen, if you use (2,1) I think they will show on the second half of the screen...
Last edited by khornerz on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eze_2k

Postby Eze_2k » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:37 pm

anyone notice that the 1st player have 1 star missing?
Pardon my crappy english
Songs:
Megaman 3 - Snake man
Megaman 3 - Boss

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”