Looking for a good two player compatible mod

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 16 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
ShirraWhitefur

Postby ShirraWhitefur » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:51 am

Greetings folks!
I hope it's not inappropriate to just sit back and go, 'Wow' over Frets on Fire, and the potential it has. I've definitely been impressed with it so far.
However, having taken a bit of time to try to sift through the messages and mods lurking around, I'm just scratching my head a bit. There's a bloody -ton- of stuff out there, and a lot of it for mismatching program versions.
Hopefully it's not considered 'bad form' to ask for help in putting together a setup, especially when you're feeling overwhelmed..

As it is, I'm trying to put together Frets on Fire for a friend's machine, as well as my own. Whereas mine is a relatively nice rig (and at least doesn't totally revile Python), his is.. not so much.

I was hoping I could have folk recommend a selection of mods to allow for good, efficient play with low amounts of 'glitz', with an absolute necessity to have Two Player in it, be it battling or co-op, and I've had them express a major want for the guitar-hero starpower stuff. I'm not sure how viable this would be to get together in a low end package, with simple list menus for songs instead of the cassette / cd thing, as well as trimming out the odd lights and such of the default FoF gameplay area.

Any particular compilations I should be looking for, assuming that I have -nothing- presetup (And while I do, I'm not at any point where I can't just wipe an' start from scratch on putting things together.)?

Thanks for the time, folks.
- Shirra
Big_Bob

Postby Big_Bob » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:37 am

Try RF-Mod
ShirraWhitefur

Postby ShirraWhitefur » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Big_Bob wrote:Try RF-Mod

That I have, already. And it definitely runs better than the standard setup, as well as having the two player. However, I also note a lack of the meter/starpower thing. It's not an absolute necessity, but one of those 'It would be nice' features.
Just the same, I appreciate the prompt and good suggestion. :)

- Shirra
Absolutezero132

Postby Absolutezero132 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:50 pm

worldraves gh3 mod. search it, its what i use. u might also wanna try ultimate coffee's mod, i hear its pretty good, but i dont know if it has 2player
ZR Song thread = some songs we made, lots of df.

my youtube profile
Jawaworks

Postby Jawaworks » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Ultimate Coffee has 2 player but the rockmeter covers part of the 2-player fretboard.
ShiekOdaSandz

Postby ShiekOdaSandz » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:08 am

However, if you use the Rockband mod, it doesn't cover anything. You do have to change the .ini file to make it recognize 2 players. What I do is just have that file always looking for 2 and then if I am alone, I just say that I don't want a 2 player (when it asks what player 2 wants to do). The UC mod is pretty awesome, so I would give it a shot.
Done with year 1 of med school! (Finally!)
yoyokid2008

Postby yoyokid2008 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:33 am

Worldraves GH3 mod.

Edit: 777'th post [111 posts on 2 days]
Last edited by yoyokid2008 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
\
ShirraWhitefur

Postby ShirraWhitefur » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks again to all of you for the replies. Having tracked down each one and set 'em up.. I'd have to say Worldrave's Guitar Hero 3 mod is exactly what's needed.
Two player, with meters. No "flashy" 3d backgrounds, a list view song selection (with queueing, yay!), difficulty selection.. The works, in short.

Not to say any of the others are bad. But this, I can honestly just pick up an' put down on a friend's machine and introduce him to FoF.. and know that he'll actually give it a fair chance, rather than going, 'Meh' about it. Thanks folks, and have fun!

- Shirra
Nub
laggspike

Postby laggspike » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:14 pm

very useful topic, helped me in search of which mods work best for 2 players ;)

THANK YOU! :D
Last edited by laggspike on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShirraWhitefur

Postby ShirraWhitefur » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:34 pm

laggspike wrote:very useful topic, helped me in search of which mods work best for 2 players ;)

THANK YOU! :D

:cool: And that's why I mentioned my findings. Still, for non-two player, all the rest are good options, and for without the meters, RF-Mod itself is good too. As it is.. I may be sitting down to figure out how to do some of the graphical modding myself, to rip out the GH stylization of the thing, maybe change some of the button looks.. But now I've got something great to use as a basis.
Here's to wishing a big bunch of joy on all those who've worked on FoF and the mods. ;)

- Shirra

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”