EOF 0.6 Released - UI Updates with 3D Preview

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 16 years and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
DarkRaider

Postby DarkRaider » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:55 pm

SketchMan3 wrote:
DarkRaider wrote:thanks:D ...by the way ive got a proplem that i got both with freetar and DB and Eof when i fixed the song and it has good sync in the program and i test it in fof after about 5 seconds the song sudenly starts to get REALY un sync

Check that your guitar.ogg has the proper sampling rate (48000), and check that "Disable Variable BPM" is set to "Off" in your FoF settings.

ok im going to check the sampling rate cause worldraves gh III mod dosnt have a Disable Variable BPM setting
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Are you still working with time signatures?

I haven't done any work on them yet. I think I'm about to switch gears as MIDI import is kicking my ass right now. I haven't had much free time lately so all I've really been doing is checking this thread and dealing with issues people are having.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
TypusMensch

Postby TypusMensch » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:47 pm

Here what i learned about the midis now:

The notes are always the same:

Bass Track is named: "PART BASS"
Rhythm Track is named: "PART RHYTM"
Lead Track is named: "PART GUITAR COOP"
Drum Track is named: "PART DRUM"

Perfectly is when guitar track is named: "PART GUITAR" (like your EOF is making that).
In Guitar Hero converted tracks there is only a guitar track named "T1 GEMS".

But there are many midis with stupid guitar track names like: "" (nothing), "notes", "MIDI out" or "Click". Maybe there are more names for the Guitar Part. This is really difficult to programming :(

Time, Length and Midi-Event/-Message told me the library that i use (also outfiltering the #80-Message to 'Note Off' a note). So I'm concentrating only for #90 and higher events. I don't know how allegro is manage this.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Time, Length and Midi-Event/-Message told me the library that i use (also outfiltering the #80-Message to 'Note Off' a note). So I'm concentrating only for #90 and higher events. I don't know how allegro is manage this.

Allegro only loads the MIDI data into a structure. I have to parse each track myself. As far as the track names, if it doesn't have a name or has a strange name and it has notes it is safe to assume it is a guitar track.

Something else I learned is in the Guitar Hero songs (all versions) a "Note On" message with a velocity value of 0 is counted as a note off. Anvil Studio reads it this way too so I assume it is a standard practice.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
fddr153

Postby fddr153 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:09 pm

i just need one thing, and its to click enter while the song is playing and a beat marker or note or anything would be inserted in the position of the chart...just like the in-game editor, it makes it faster to make a song...at the end it just be re-sync those markers to fit perfectly to the song
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:00 am

SketchMan3 wrote:
DarkRaider wrote:thanks:D ...by the way ive got a proplem that i got both with freetar and DB and Eof when i fixed the song and it has good sync in the program and i test it in fof after about 5 seconds the song sudenly starts to get REALY un sync

Check that your guitar.ogg has the proper sampling rate (48000), and check that "Disable Variable BPM" is set to "Off" in your FoF settings.

Oh, man. I messed up. All this time I forgot. I was wondering why 48000 didn't seem right. The default FoF sampling rate of FoF is 44100.
Try re-importing your track with the default sample rate set to 44100. I can't do anything with it... I think if you record it in Audacity instead of importing it it will come out right.

Edit: For some reason Audacity doesn't export it in 44100. It goes back to the 48000.
Last edited by SketchMan3 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:28 pm

Version 0.88 is ready.

Project Website
Download Link
MediaFire Link

New Features:

Playback controls and time displayed in upper right corner.

The window title now shows the current part in addition to the song title.

Snap to grid options. Set to off by default, select 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, or 1/32 to snap to that size note (1/4 is a whole beat). Affects new note placement as well as note moving.

Now you can press Enter to place a note at the current position. Works while song is paused and while it is playing. Grid snap does not affect this feature.

Fixes:

Fixed "Test In FOF" feature selecting wrong part and going out of range sometimes.
emp3ror

Postby emp3ror » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:12 am

this project rocks my socks! but I'm a sucky fretter :D
TypusMensch

Postby TypusMensch » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:47 am

Now you can press Enter to place a note at the current position. Works while song is paused and while it is playing. Grid snap does not affect this feature.

That rock's! Thx for this project :)

But one thing. If i press the enter button and want to have a "long" note he makes more quickly instead a long one. can you fix that?

emp3ror

Postby emp3ror » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:53 am

use mouse wheel if u wanna make long note :)
TypusMensch

Postby TypusMensch » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:28 am

but not while playing and press enter. :(

the program must check if i hold enter.
Last edited by TypusMensch on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozzystrikes

Postby ozzystrikes » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:06 am

Its or its gonna be any chance to open a mid file?
TypusMensch

Postby TypusMensch » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:07 pm

ozzystrikes wrote:Its or its gonna be any chance to open a mid file?

not yet. maybe in version 0.9.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:19 pm

But one thing. If i press the enter button and want to have a "long" note he makes more quickly instead a long one. can you fix that?

I thought about that, I suppose I could change it to work the way you say. Not to difficult.

Its or its gonna be any chance to open a mid file?

Still working on it.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Version 0.89 is ready:

Project Website
Download Link
MediaFire Link

New Features:

Initial support for MIDI import. Only works for non-VBPM songs at the moment. Also, does not import settings from the song.ini file yet. You should not load and save to the MIDI directly. If you are going to open a MIDI and work on it during several sessions, you should load the EOF file for subsequent edits to ensure the note positions stay as accurate as possible.

Fixes:

Pressing Enter to place notes now allows longer notes by holding the Enter key when the song is playing. If the song is paused, the default note length will still be applied.

Please let me know of problems with the MIDI import. Remember, no VBPM support in this feature yet. I am still working on that. Also, loading the Guitar Hero 2 MIDIs doesn't work (only properly loads the 2nd player coop part), though I don't know why someone would do that. I still have a lot to do for complete MIDI import support.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”