Making FoF more like piano

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Groznik

Postby Groznik » Sun May 20, 2007 8:20 pm

Is there any way I could make each of the frets keys also activate the strum for piano only songs?
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Sun May 20, 2007 9:18 pm

no, buy a piano
smedricksman24

Postby smedricksman24 » Sun May 20, 2007 10:14 pm

whatakevin wrote:no, buy a piano

whatakevin, It's okay to be a ****, but only when you're right. And even then, only if the person is obnoxious, and/or repetitive. Just because some people on this forum have accepted your dickery doesn't mean it's accepted by everyone. Stop it. It's not funny or helpful.

OP: Yeah, it's do-able, but it would require a pretty good deal of python, somewhat similar to this thread. Except different. I know no python, so this is about as much help as I can be. Also, 5 keys doesn't seem like a very good piano sim. /shrug
Why am I on this website? I'm clearly over the age limit of 14.
warhol

Postby warhol » Mon May 21, 2007 1:37 am

easy, just make everything a hopo without restrumming after making a mistake. Sounds easy when written huh? XD
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Divra

Postby Divra » Mon May 21, 2007 3:44 am

Actually, I wrote a simple GlovePIE script to use my MIDI keyboard to play fof, and it's easy to add automatic strum to each of the fret buttons. Only downside is it strums twice on chords, so your timing will have to be really perfect...
Charts (Down as of November 25th)
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Mon May 21, 2007 5:42 pm

ohhh so now saying "no" and saying the best soulution is to buy a piano is being a **** now?
Master Yogurt

Postby Master Yogurt » Mon May 21, 2007 6:56 pm

OMG I yell at teh noobeez I iz hardc0re!

Just as people want to add drum tracks, people want to add piano tracks (though I will say that while GH emulates playing a guitar, and through use of a drumpad could emulate drums, I don't think it could really be anything like playing piano). It's a legitimate question, telling them "no" is A) Entirely wrong, because it's possible, and B) being a **** because it's unhelpful and not an answer. Did you code the game? Hell, even doing that doesn't give you a right to tell people what it can or cannot do, since it's open source.

The answer is either "Yes, and the mod is located x", "Yes, but no one's completed a true mod for it" or "No, not yet, but if you edit the code it's possible."

no, buy a piano. Aren't you cool.

"Is it possible to play DDR with a guitar?" "No, buy a guitar." With that sort of attitude we never would have GH, or anything else, for that matter.
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Mon May 21, 2007 6:59 pm

the only good i can see this doing is using it to also emulate drums, i mean 5 drums, its ok. now a 5 key piano? now thats just not effin right at least 10 keys for a piano emulation
amplitude

Postby amplitude » Mon May 21, 2007 9:54 pm

whatakevin wrote:the only good i can see this doing is using it to also emulate drums, i mean 5 drums, its ok. now a 5 key piano? now thats just not effin right at least 10 keys for a piano emulation

same thing with the guitar, there are way more possible note combinations than just the six open strings.
I listen to bands that don't even exist yet. ಠ_ಠ
Nightmare JG

Postby Nightmare JG » Mon May 21, 2007 11:12 pm

There is a Piano Hero out there on the internet. They had to change the name because Red Octane told them to, but a google search for piano hero should find it.

Cool thing is, it uses a midi keyboard, so you are actually playing piano when you play the game, plus it uses regular midis so if you can find a plain old midi of a song, you can play it.

Downside is no difficulty levels.
[PATENT PENDING]
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Mon May 21, 2007 11:16 pm

intresting....
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Mon May 21, 2007 11:20 pm

buckethead loves kfc

Postby buckethead loves kfc » Mon May 21, 2007 11:32 pm

its called synthesia
Kalber

Postby Kalber » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:55 pm