Tuninki

Postby Tuninki » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:31 am

Yes, very nice indeed!
Kris[Euphoria]

Postby Kris[Euphoria] » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:39 am

Actually, the skins are bugged and don't work well at all for me... =\
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:43 am

If anyone has a problem, please post a screenshot of what it looks like. This way it will be easier for me to know what I need to address.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:47 pm

I tried it with and without mods on a fresh 1.1 install, but it didn't effect anything to fix the brightness problem.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:29 pm

I think I'll ask some people on the blender forums to see what's the matter. Oh, just one question, what it your resolution and bits set at.
amplitude

Postby amplitude » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:42 pm

It's not a Blender thing. It will happen with just about any program, you have to mess with the material settings to get lighting to work properly.
I listen to bands that don't even exist yet. ಠ_ಠ
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:44 pm

You know what, I think it might actually be a problem dealing with python, how many people using this mod actually have python 2.4 installed on their computer, install it, that might change some things around and it might help since these notes and keys were compiled/exported with Python2.4.
Eat Moar Bunnies!
Def_Monk

Postby Def_Monk » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:07 am

blazingamer wrote:You know what, I think it might actually be a problem dealing with python, how many people using this mod actually have python 2.4 installed on their computer, install it, that might change some things around and it might help since these notes and keys were compiled/exported with Python2.4.

I installed python 2.4.4 off of python's website and tried again, nothing changed. I still get the overly bright notes. Is there anything else I should have done with it to get them working with this?
Life would be so much easier if we just had the damn source code.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:09 am

Yeah, i got 2.4.4 also. I AM running x64, i hope THAT's not the cause. Others here with problem also using x64? Also, i am running at 1440x900, but using 1024x768 for the reason of my GH3 Mod, and still does it, so res. can be ruled out i suppose.
Eat Moar Bunnies!
Def_Monk

Postby Def_Monk » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:21 am

i use an athlon FX X2. so the difference between 64bit/dual core, or else couldn't be causing it. I tried it on a single core in school last friday. processor shouldn't really have anything to do with this either. I'm using an ATI x1300 currently, and ive tried it on an HD2600pro too. You're using a Geforce so video card chipset wouldnt be it (ATI vs Nvidia). im running resolution at 1280x1024 so thats not it. should really have nothing to do with resolution actually. We have tried it with and without python installed, gotten installs with no mods...i just think the computers are finally taking over and this is their first step - driving us mad with technological problems with no logical explinations. xD

blazingamer, what program are you using to make these? blender, max, etc? If possible, maybe you could save in a basic file type and have someone else who knows how to do this stuff export them into .DAE filetype. thats my last idea for a fix. xD
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:39 am

Wow bud, that's covering some good grounds there. Thanks for those time savers.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:10 am

I tried it on my borther's computer, I didn't work there either. I just wish I had a clear understanding on what's happening between these computers that it's not working. I use blender, I'll export it to .3ds and see if anyone can work with it.

Edit- Better Solution, I just downloaded the free personal version of Maya 8.5 and I'll try that instead!
Last edited by blazingamer on Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eat Moar Bunnies!
Def_Monk

Postby Def_Monk » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:43 pm

blazingamer wrote:I tried it on my borther's computer, I didn't work there either. I just wish I had a clear understanding on what's happening between these computers that it's not working. I use blender, I'll export it to .3ds and see if anyone can work with it.

Edit- Better Solution, I just downloaded the free personal version of Maya 8.5 and I'll try that instead!

Go for it! Heck, at this point we don't have anything to lose so... xD Hopefully this works, cuz after that I'm completely stumped. lol
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:51 am

I had that personal edition of Maya, it was a load of crap, I didn't get a single thing out of it, in fact, it couldn't even export to .dae, it could only export maya scenes. So I uninstalled it and didn't get anywhere.

Maybe the notes might work if I turn down the instensity of the lighting to around .25 instead of 1.25.
Last edited by blazingamer on Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”