Wireless Fender Strat Guitar: worth the money?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Wireless Fender Strat Guitar: worth the money?

Postby Maupy2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:20 am

Hey! My current guitar controller, that I've had for a couple of years, is starting to (or rather, already well in the process to) fall apart. Also, the controller stops working for a few seconds every half a minute or so.
So, I have to buy a new controller. That turns out to be a pretty difficult job, because the internet isn't being helpful. There's not a lot to buy here in the Netherlands, it seems. (Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough.)

Anyway, I came across the Xbox 360 Wireless Fender Strat Guitar from Mad Catz. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it? My main concern is whether the guitar lasts a long time. That's because the thing costs €75 and I'm not gonna spend that much money on a thing that will fall apart within 3 years.

Should I buy it?

Edit: does anyone also know if I need other items to use the controller for Phase Shift? I can't use the thing if I need an item not available here.
Last edited by Maupy2 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Re: Wireless Fender Strat Guitar: worth the money?

Postby BombDude24 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:50 am

I can't speak on the guitar itself, since I've never used a wireless Strat, but you'll need an Xbox 360 wireless dongle, pretty much anything off of Amazon (if you have that in the Netherlands) will work, not just the official Microsoft ones.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:00 am

BombDude24 wrote:I can't speak on the guitar itself, since I've never used a wireless Strat, but you'll need an Xbox 360 wireless dongle, pretty much anything off of Amazon (if you have that in the Netherlands) will work, not just the official Microsoft ones.

Will something like this work? https://www.goedkoperuitchina.nl/Webwin ... IhEALw_wcB

I'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to technical stuff, haha.
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Postby BombDude24 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:40 pm

I have one just like that, but a different brand, some Chinese knockoff, but it still works, I just needed to install extra drivers for it and change the type of device it is in Device Manager in Windows.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:10 pm

BombDude24 wrote:I have one just like that, but a different brand, some Chinese knockoff, but it still works, I just needed to install extra drivers for it and change the type of device it is in Device Manager in Windows.

Okay, thanks. ^^ I hope I won't have to install extra drivers, but if I do, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns

Return to “General FOF Discussion”