Questions Regarding the Game

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
foREVer
HxC A7X Fan

Questions Regarding the Game

Postby HxC A7X Fan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Hello, all, and thanks in advance for your time and discussion. Mods, if this is in the incorrect place, I apologize and will vacate the premise.

It's been nigh on 7 years since I was last active here! I wanted to revisit and see what (if anything) was happening around here. Just wrapped up my Master's degree and college has me jaded, so I figured I'd mess with rhythm gaming once more. Don't feel like shelling out cash for RB4 DLC, so I'm back here to check out these community charts (been looking around and am excited for new ADTR, Periphery, Wage War, etc.)! As such, I have some questions for those who are more knowledgeable than me:

1. What game/program are people using to play these songs? I know about Frets on Fire (obviously), but have heard tell of Guitar Hero Custom and others.
2. What graphics/system requirements are passable to play these games nowadays?
3. What are my options (if any) in terms of connecting an RB4 guitar to my laptop to play?
4. What are some of your favorite charts?

If there is a guide around here for this sort of thing, please connect me to it! Otherwise, I appreciate any help I can get here.
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Re: Questions Regarding the Game

Postby MetalMuxxer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:28 pm

1. Right now the games that most people use are Phase Shift (for PC) and RB4 (PS-Xbox), some people still use FoFix but it's outdated and is not as dynamic as Phase Shift, it also doesn't support things like slider notes or keyboards. To chart, people still use the classic Edit on Fire and/or FeedBack.

2. Nothing too fancy, anything from 2006-2007 or even before can run Phase Shift (you may get some lag probably if you have really **** hardware like me tho)

3. Not sure what do you mean with that, but if options for games: Frets on Fire and Phase Shift mainly. Phase Shift will surely read your RB4 controller, if not you can download a software that will let you map the keys for Phase Shift.

4. Not sure why you ask this, but some of my favourites are m9's and Sygenysis' charts, as well as official charts by Harmonix/Neversoft (which are converted by Bluzer)

Welcome back btw.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”