Is this community dead??

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
hi123time

Is this community dead??

Postby hi123time » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:41 pm

I can see there is tons of songs that were made, or taken from rb,gh etc, and can't help and think to myself that it took so much effort! But what happened?? I realy enjoy playing songs, community made or not it usually doesn't matter, but with this genre being almost down it is almost impossible to find or ask for songs!
I don't realy know what is the point of this thread, but I realy just want to find people who are looking to make new songs and try and bring back some of the community, though it's probably impossible.
(I'm talking about phase shift or fofix) if someone want to make songs or something like this, I'd realy appreciate a reply here! I play drums myself so I probably would made drums chart (made few until now).
Hope to see some action here! :)
I Regret Nothing
Rush95

Re: Is this community dead??

Postby Rush95 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:46 pm

To answer your question, no, the community isn't dead. It's not exactly booming, like it was when rhythm games were very popular, but there are still members here that are commited to creating new content for FoFix or Phase Shift. You just gotta look around :)
I chart songs! Go here to get 'em: https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58492
Number of songs charted: 15 (+14 in a seperate thread. https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58617)
hi123time

Postby hi123time » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:18 am

Rush95 wrote:To answer your question, no, the community isn't dead. It's not exactly booming, like it was when rhythm games were very popular, but there are still members here that are commited to creating new content for FoFix or Phase Shift. You just gotta look around :)

Still it is realy sad to see such big community becoming so small, and it's true to about all rhythm game, aka RB2 GH. Look at youtube for example, I can remember the day that 2112 or young man blues were fc, or when ibiteprettyhars or however his name is was uploading weekly. The only youtubers of rhythm games I can see now are EliteRhythm...
I Regret Nothing
Rush95

Postby Rush95 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Yeah, it [the community] shrunk down rather quickly, but at least this is one of the better communities out there, as far as I'm concerned ^_^ I've seen little drama here, for example.
I chart songs! Go here to get 'em: https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58492
Number of songs charted: 15 (+14 in a seperate thread. https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58617)
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Well, probably because the community IS kind of dead. There are just a few people that reply to threads regularly, so it's hard to get any kind of drama with so few people. :p
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
I Regret Nothing
Rush95

Postby Rush95 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:09 pm

That's a good point actually xD but I'll take a small community with civil people over a large community with more drama than a middle school any day.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:52 am

Well, in this case... I wouldn't mind seeing some new charters, even if they're pricks.xd
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Postby BombDude24 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:25 am

I can have a dramatic change in character and do that, if you want :P
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:25 am

No thanks.:p New charters are good, but it's even better if they're nice.XD
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
FrOoGle

Postby FrOoGle » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:44 am

i guess you could say the community is on life-support haha, With Rhythm games dying out and all that, the FoF community has shrunk like crazy, but there are still people that play these kinda games, such as me. i don't plan on leaving this forum anytime soon, and don't think i will.
My Song Thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59701
FrOoGle HeRo I - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=628936#p628936
FrOoGle HeRo II (unfinished :C) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58720
FrOoGle HeRo III - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=637471#p637471
FrOoGle HeRo IV - viewtopic.php?f=17&p=638836
Bullet Train Blast - Nothing Remains (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=630599#p630599
Shadows Fall - Fire From the Sky (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59287&p=634454&hilit=Shadows+fall#p634454

Signature picture provided by The---Way
The Avenger
Yhughu

Postby Yhughu » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:37 pm

I'm still here :)
We are with quite some charters, like 25?
And Downloads are not very frequent, but they are still there.
I wouldn't call it dead!

Return to “General FOF Discussion”