fof fofix dead ?????????

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
pmthelord

fof fofix dead ?????????

Postby pmthelord » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi there,
i think i'm waked up too late to play this game aren't i ?
How is it possible thtat this game dead one day ?????
R1chter

Re: fof fofix dead ?????????

Postby R1chter » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:11 pm

I think the guy replaced by Phase Shift, if you give a busacada on google you will find him.
And the mods it is more realistic than the fofix can see below I'll post some pictures.

Warriors of Rock Theme

Rock Band 2 Theme:

Rock Band 3 Theme:

The Beatles Rock Band Theme:
Kassu

Postby Kassu » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:36 pm

I think FoFix is clearly not as popular as phase shift for example. But there are some active contributors (mostly songs) for FoFix, though. And songs for fofix work on PS but not vice versa.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:20 pm

FoFiX used to be really popular but when the releases died out people that stayed into PC rhythm gaming had to move onto another game and Phase Shift was the best option for most. TurkeyMan (the creator of the Feedback chart editor) posted on ScoreHero recently that he was considering creating a new rhythm game. Even Performous (originally a karaoke game) supports FoF style charts now. It would be pretty hard for FoFiX to regain its past glory since there is more competition now, but nothing's impossible. As far as cross-compatibility, the reason some PS songs won't work in FoFiX is probably almost always because of the Sysex MIDI notation that was added in order to add new features, and FoFiX's (and FoF's) MIDI parser had a bug that prevented it from handling those types of notation, but EOF will allow you to save a Rock Band Network compatible MIDI that doesn't have that and that MIDI file should work in FoFiX pretty well.
XAOS-Eric

Postby XAOS-Eric » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:15 pm

No, Frets on Fire is not done. As a matter of fact, FoF is being rebuilt in c++ at the moment. the FoF Core, the game engine will be available on github once its stable.

https://github.com/fretsonfire/core
Flavor Laborer
Luksef

Postby Luksef » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 am

It depends as to what you're asking, really. If you're referring to the community, yes, essentially so, most rhythm gaming communities have become stagnant due to this mindset to gaming's repetitive nature, as well as the fact that rhythm games have generally lost demographic relevance. Though, if you're referring to development of such games, not really, there is a project similar to FOF currently being attended to called "Phase Shift" available for download here: http://www.dwsk.co.uk

It's much more well implemented than FOF in my opinion and the relics of the Frets on Fire community seem to have transferred to it.
I'm surrounded by Gatorade bottles filled with urine more often than your average human being.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:57 pm

Yes, FoF and FoFiX are dead... but they will live on in a new project we will be announcing in the near future! I don't have many details to share yet, but I can tell you the project will be open source and will have ports available for Mac, Linux, Windows, and Android with the potential for an iOS port later on.

We are building an open source toolkit for rhythm game development called Rhythm Toolkit. This toolkit is being used to build what I consider to be a spiritual successor to FoFiX. We are almost ready to make the first version available to the public. We will be posting announcements in this forum and a few other places when the time comes.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:48 pm

R1chter wrote:I think the guy replaced by Phase Shift, if you give a busacada on google you will find him.
And the mods it is more realistic than the fofix can see below I'll post some pictures.

Nothing was replaced by Phase Shift, it's in the "Other Music Games" forum section for a reason.

As a matter of fact, I'm hearing good things of FoFiX as of late so don't consider it down and out.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “General FOF Discussion”