Is FoF dead?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
dualife

Is FoF dead?

Postby dualife » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:35 am

Hi, I would like to restart playing FoF since a long time so I came here but
NO MORE SONGS AVAILABLE!!
all megaupload links or deads links

where can I find a starting kit with guitar hero & rockband every versions songs?
is it still existing or everything desapear??
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: Is FoF dead?

Postby Maupy2 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:37 pm

There still are some songs available, but many old songs have dead links indeed.

If you have a good computer, maybe you could try the program Phase Shift instead of FoF. If that works on your computer, you can go into Bluzer's topics full of Rock Band and Guitar Hero songs.

Anyway, back to the main topic: Here is a topic with a lot of Rock Band songs. Some of them are dead links, but most of them are still working.
In my song thread (the link in my signature) I also have several songs with all difficulties. I'm not sure if they work properly in FoF, but I'm expecting they do.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Most of Bluzer's songs work just fine with FoFix, if you'd like to stick with that.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:22 am

Yeah but you'll have to mix the multitracks together. It's not the quickest way of downloading songs.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Flavor Laborer
Luksef

Postby Luksef » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Personally, I would suggest downloading any of the songs you're interested in playing from http://www.scorehero.com and converting them in a fashion so that they may be compatible with Frets on Fire using EOF (Editor on Fire). http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/eof-tutorial

I would also like to mention preemptively that you convert songs from .chart/.ogg/.mp3 format to the FOF compatible .mid/.ini/.ogg format by using the Feedback import feature and clicking "Save as..." to export it to the folder you've prepared to contain the song. This is all mentioned in the thread I linked above, though, I'm just saving you countless hours of Ctrl+F fu.

People are also creating recovery threads and whatnot, if I'm not mistaken. If you can't be arsed to convert everything manually, I would recommend waiting until the issue resolves itself.
I'm surrounded by Gatorade bottles filled with urine more often than your average human being.
scribblewobbles

Postby scribblewobbles » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:43 am

word
Smithjhon77

Postby Smithjhon77 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 am

Well! I have no experience of FoF. So i don't comment on it. but Now i must try it.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”