Your opinion on GRBO sweeps.

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 11 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
heretodl

Your opinion on GRBO sweeps.

Postby heretodl » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:37 pm

I'm just wondering what your opinion is on GRBO sweeps are. You know, the ones that goes like this:

o - - - -
- o - - -
- - - o -
- - - - o
- - - o -
- o - - -
o - - - -

It seems like a lot of the known charters avoid using them. Is it because they're much harder to hit? Atleast for me they are. I can do every other kinds of sweeps up to 220 BPM 16th notes but if that sweeps shows up at 150 BPM, then ill break the combo. So should I stay away from charting them or is it okay to do it?

So yeah, lets discuss the GRBO sweep here :s
>> My song thread <<
Currently 39 songs from 19 bands.
back from the dead
thebocaj

Re: Your opinion on GRBO sweeps.

Postby thebocaj » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:05 am

I used to use them just like any other 4-note sweep, until I played some of the songs in BH3, when I realized how much harder they are to hit than the other ones. Since then, I've avoided using them altogether. So I'd say avoid it unless it's absolutely necessary.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:03 pm

It really depends on what surrounds it. If your doing them just to do them then that would be bad. But if there is a GRYB part and then the guitarist keeps the GR pitches but raises the voicing of the high pitches then you pretty much have to use GRBO.
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:16 pm

wolferacing wrote:It really depends on what surrounds it. If your doing them just to do them then that would be bad. But if there is a GRYB part and then the guitarist keeps the GR pitches but raises the voicing of the high pitches then you pretty much have to use GRBO.

However, in the GH/BH series(es?) they are pretty much just used for cheapness.
But yeah, pretty much what this guy said, if it sounds like that's what it has to be, then chart it. If you think that there's something else that would fit better, then use that instead.
CrOdino

Postby CrOdino » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:23 pm

I hate them as player, I avoid them if possible when charting but sometimes you have so many different sweeps all togheter and you are forced to use them.
:)

- 1st place March Guitar competition (Anthrax - Panic 95.5/100)
- 6th place April Guitar competition (Orphaned Land - Ocean Land 97/100)
I am maxx9966 !!
gusty93

Postby gusty93 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:07 am

CrOdino wrote:I hate them as player, I avoid them if possible when charting but sometimes you have so many different sweeps all togheter and you are forced to use them.
:)

It is the truth!!! :tongue:
Experienced Frettist
daemmaster

Postby daemmaster » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:13 am

I always thought they had to played as 5 note sweeps. because sometimes it is pretty hard to get your fingers in that position. the most fun sweep to play i think is on the other hand(yea pun) is GYOB. maybe because i am left-handed, but they are actually easier for me to hit than the RYBO sweeps. and GRYB sweeps are pretty easy too.
Projects :

Custom Song thread (featuring Drums and Guitar Charts) :
Custom Song Thread
contains Japanese songs, metal songs, melodic death songs, VOCALOID and more...

If you have a song that you want desperately charted:

please don't hesitate to ask me if you want something charted, I will see what I can do.
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 pm

I've actually always played Ambedextriously. Some songs I find much easier to hit right handed, while others I find easier to hit left handed. (I have both Left and Right-Handed acoustics\electtrics as well)
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:41 am

I think they're very gay to play (and I'm not the only one), so I never chart them. Period.
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:39 pm

In all honesty, if there is a few different sound sweeps then they are fine to author. There is only so many notes you can have.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:34 am

When I encounter such sweeps, I'll try to extend my short fingers as long as I can. But most of the time I was never able to hit all notes in the sequence.

I think this is rarely used in most charts, maybe because the ones who did them really tried to avoid using this in their charts.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”