Is multiplayer in development?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
panda100123

Is multiplayer in development?

Postby panda100123 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:28 pm

My friend and I were playing FoF with 2 ps2 guitars wireless with a ps2 adapter. I wanted to know if Multiplayer is being worked on because we want to play online so he doesn't have to come over.
jrdnxxhero

Re: Is multiplayer in development?

Postby jrdnxxhero » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:01 pm

To my knowledge, it is being worked on, but we aren't much closer than we've been before.
Phase Shift has an online multiplier. You can find more information in the 'Other Music Games' category.
It appears to be the most recent thread at the moment.
panda100123

Postby panda100123 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:17 pm

jrdnxxhero wrote:To my knowledge, it is being worked on, but we aren't much closer than we've been before.
Phase Shift has an online multiplier. You can find more information in the 'Other Music Games' category.
It appears to be the most recent thread at the moment.

Ok, I got the latest version. I know my controller works, and I went to options, and can't set up my controller. There's no button configuration. This game doesn't even let you set up keys?

It says "Please profile your device" and under the LOG it says:
Sat Nov 12 21:26:32 2011 - VID:2064 PID:1 Name:Twin USB Joystick
Sat Nov 12 21:26:32 2011 - Controller Detection Failed

I have an adapter to plug ps2 things in my computer.

When I hit START to profile it, it says Unknown device please profile.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Well, Phase Shift might be the one you're looking for. I tried and it works as intended.
panda100123

Postby panda100123 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:52 pm

acrox999 wrote:Well, Phase Shift might be the one you're looking for. I tried and it works as intended.

A fork? What do you mean? Link?
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Ok, that post was edited, instead of striked. :P Anyway, just go down this forum and you will find FoFiX, if you don't know about it. But the multiplayer has no online mode.

About Phase Shift, you need to use the button mapper and create your own profile.
panda100123

Postby panda100123 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:00 pm

acrox999 wrote:Ok, that post was edited, instead of striked. :P Anyway, just go down this forum and you will find FoFiX, if you don't know about it. But the multiplayer has no online mode.

About Phase Shift, you need to use the button mapper and create your own profile.

The button mapper? Please explain. Sorry for my low knowledge of this :P

edit: You mean the Button_data thing? It said press a button of the controller you want profile. So I pressed random buttons, and exited it out. Then started the game, nothing changed?
AAMetal94

Postby AAMetal94 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:19 am

panda100123 wrote:
acrox999 wrote:Ok, that post was edited, instead of striked. :P Anyway, just go down this forum and you will find FoFiX, if you don't know about it. But the multiplayer has no online mode.

edit: You mean the Button_data thing? It said press a button of the controller you want profile. So I pressed random buttons, and exited it out. Then started the game, nothing changed?

You need to download Control Profiler, it's in the downloads section of Phase Shift
panda100123

Postby panda100123 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:55 am

AAMetal94 wrote:
panda100123 wrote:

You need to download Control Profiler, it's in the downloads section of Phase Shift

Edit: Problem fixed :) Except, setting up the strumbar is annoying. It said press the UP axis for the strum bar, so I pressed it, found the button on the program, and it said do the min and max of the axis. So I pulled it up, and let go since I thought it just wanted the up axis. Do I do all the way up and down?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:28 pm

First off, NO PHASE SHIFT DISCUSSION IN GENERAL FOF DISCUSSION. If you want to talk about phase shift in any manner (other then songs) please direct yourself to their forums.

Secondly, at this time online multiplayer most likely wont be available for a while. things are slowly being fixed in the code (FoFiX 4.0 alpha 2 is the latest version)
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 am

amak11 wrote:First off, NO PHASE SHIFT DISCUSSION IN GENERAL FOF DISCUSSION. If you want to talk about phase shift in any manner (other then songs) please direct yourself to their forums.

Secondly, at this time online multiplayer most likely wont be available for a while. things are slowly being fixed in the code (FoFiX 4.0 alpha 2 is the latest version)

STFU he asked for online play, fofix does not and will not in the near future support it, so whats wrong with suggesting a game that CAN do what he wants? Grow the hell up, and quit trying to hide Phase Shifts existence =/
Image Image
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:39 am

I think Amak was more referring to the phase shift tech support that is going on here. THAT has no place here what so ever, i'm sure they have there own website for all that stuff.

Suggesting another games of a similar type to suit ones needs has already been discussed and is generally allowed, but this IS an FOF and FOFIX specific forum after all. We should not be offering tech support for things like phase shift, gh3, praise be ( or whatever that god botherer version of fof was called ) or any other similar games, they all have there own websites for that kind of thing. We can quite easily offer phase shift as an alternate game, then if they ask more specific questions about it we simply direct them to the phase shift website/ forum, explaining that they will probably have all the answers the user is seeking, same for gh3 using customs stuff, we can point them to scorehero. That is quite an acceptable thing to do.

AMAK. Learn to type what you actually mean rather than just whats running through your head at that moment FFS, the amount of times you have dropped yourself in the sh1t due to the way you have said something is astounding. If you meant to say " phase shift tech support is not to be discussed here " then say that, if you actually meant " no phase shift talk AT ALL" then well.. your way off base.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
I fret stuff
FOFGuyAKAPerson

Postby FOFGuyAKAPerson » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:47 am

amak11 wrote:First off, NO PHASE SHIFT DISCUSSION IN GENERAL FOF DISCUSSION. If you want to talk about phase shift in any manner (other then songs) please direct yourself to their forums.

Since when were YOU a mod?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Not a mod and...

off topic discussion in an off topic forum section.

Phase Shift discussion should be kept to "Other Music Games" or their forums. :glare:
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “General FOF Discussion”