Why Mediafire?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 12 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
ShadowMinus

Why Mediafire?

Postby ShadowMinus » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:21 am

Every time I go to download a song here, it's hosted on MediaFire. This is extremely disappointing for me, as I have had numerous problems with MediaFire previously in the form of trojan viruses created by the site that were attached to the files I was downloading. Why does seemingly everyone here use that file hoster when it is obviously NOT SAFE, and how can I get the songs I want without downloading from that site?
Predator

Re: Why Mediafire?

Postby Predator » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:49 am

Mediafire is THE best file hosting site available. Period.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:34 am

FYI, not everyone here uses Mediafire. But it is in fact one of the best (ad supported) file hosting sites. Where most other sites impose a download limit, Mediafire does not. The speeds you can get on Mediafire for downloads are pretty decent and it IS one the safest sites.

Also, general rule of thumb to avoid viruses, do not download any file that is roughly 150kb, unless proved not to be a virus.

If you dont want to download songs from here using Mediafire, that is your problem. But i can assure you 100% that every song here is from a trusted source.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Thylon wrote:This is extremely disappointing for me, as I have had numerous problems with MediaFire previously in the form of trojan viruses created by the site that were attached to the files I was downloading. Why does seemingly everyone here use that file hoster when it is obviously NOT SAFE, and how can I get the songs I want without downloading from that site?

MediaFire does not modify uploaded files to contain viruses. Your computer was already infected or the file you were using was infected by the uploader. You should use a more secure web browser configuration, such as Firefox with the NoScript add on.
ShadowMinus

Postby ShadowMinus » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:02 pm

I disagree about MediaFire being one of the safest file hosting sites. I will accept the possibility, though, that the virus came from the file owner. I'd love to use Firefox, by the way, but my parents don't want to for some reason, and I don't own my own computer yet.

Thanks to whoever gave me the tip about filesize, but out of interest, why 150kb?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Cause most viruses i have personally seen are no bigger then 300 kb and 150kb seems like a good average size.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

ShadowMinus

Postby ShadowMinus » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:08 am

amak11 wrote:Cause most viruses i have personally seen are no bigger then 300 kb and 150kb seems like a good average size.

Okay. How big are note chart files, generally?

EDIT: Never mind, I can see that the zip files are normally about 5mb.
DOUCHKIN!
wolf8265

Postby wolf8265 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 pm

ad block

adblock + USE IT NOOB
OG
Beefkake

Postby Beefkake » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:29 pm

I can hit 2Mbps+ on Mediafire because unlike other free sites it allows multiple connections (which means you can use download accelerators like Free Download Manager). Mediafire > others
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:57 am

No wait time, no captcha, and no download limit are all reasons I use mediafire for downloading and uploading. Sometimes I use Megaupload for uploading though(the upload size limit is bigger then MF IIRC).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:53 am

Thylon wrote:I disagree about MediaFire being one of the safest file hosting sites. I will accept the possibility, though, that the virus came from the file owner. I'd love to use Firefox, by the way, but my parents don't want to for some reason, and I don't own my own computer yet.

Thanks to whoever gave me the tip about filesize, but out of interest, why 150kb?

Welcome to the internet.

I can assure you that Mediafire is one of the safest and one of the best host out there. They won't attach any viruses to their users files, if they do, they're dead long time ago. Not all uploaders can be trusted, but here, I can assure you that none of them contains viruses. Unless if the uploaders themselves don't realise they are infected of viruses. And yes, the filesize matters.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:03 pm

I use mediafire because i can upload multiple files at once plus they let me upload faster, I use MegaUpload for files over 200 mb's
Image Image
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:24 am

Thylon wrote:Every time I go to download a song here, it's hosted on MediaFire. This is extremely disappointing for me, as I have had numerous problems with MediaFire previously in the form of trojan viruses created by the site that were attached to the files I was downloading. Why does seemingly everyone here use that file hoster when it is obviously NOT SAFE, and how can I get the songs I want without downloading from that site?

Mediafire = Free hosting, relatively fast downloading for free users, no download waiting time,
and no limit.
AKA, the best free file hosting site that we know of.
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:44 am

Thylon wrote:I disagree about MediaFire being one of the safest file hosting sites. I will accept the possibility, though, that the virus came from the file owner. I'd love to use Firefox, by the way, but my parents don't want to for some reason, and I don't own my own computer yet.

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

There just run exe select folder to extract to some place and when you want to use firefox you use it from that folder. It doesnt require admin rights to install because its just basically extracting the files from the exe. So even if you dont have an admin account on the pc you should still be able to use it.
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer

Return to “General FOF Discussion”