GH/RB content vs Custom content

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

GH/RB content vs Custom content

Postby amak11 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:55 pm

Based on the number of "wheres the RB/GH songs" opening up. I figure i should really open up a dicussion topic for this.

Basically my view on this is that, as a charter i feel my work to some extent gets depreciated when compared to that of RB and GH. You think about it though, this doesnt only stop at that, you all the sudden get players thinking they know more about charting then the charter. Eventually our content in comparison, are the worst charts out there.

It's rediculous the amount of crap that our communities put up with (im speaking of all fof forums out there).

Anyways before i start making abosolutely no sense, i should let other people give their opinion on this.
Last edited by amak11 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

LOL
KenshinHimuraRK

Re: GH/RB content vs Custom content

Postby KenshinHimuraRK » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:28 am

I believe you're talking more about leechers than actual members. At least that's how I see it.
They come in here looking for a free GH/RB clone, so when they find out it doesn't have GH/RB songs, they whine.
The most part of active forum members have joined this site a long time ago, when GH conversions weren't that frequent (I actually never cared about them, the old GH songs were great but the charts sucked, the new GH/RB songs sucks, even if the chart is decent). So to me it looks like they do appreciate the charters work (just look at Puppetz threads for example), and actually are here for custom songs, custom content and stuff that Activision/Harmonix probably won't put in their game (also for the lulz).

For me, the loss of GH/RB content doesn't make any difference btw.

Just my opinion though.
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:04 am

@amak: When you open a two-sided controversial topic by stating your opinion (or even without stating your opinion), you're bound to have a debate thread in your hands. Figuratively.

Anyway, I think I agree with both of you here; when people come here to download songs that are already in either RB or GH, they will either say that the custom chart is horrible or that the custom chart is way better (usually the former), without having any charting experience at all. They just say this because if they have no charting experience, they have to go with what they've heard around forums and video comments. However, if they comment on a chart that doesn't have so much discussion (like a brand-new custom chart), they will judge the chart based on whather they like the song and just say something along the lines of "hey man nice song". With Puppetz's popular reputation for his 200+? songs in PHZ, people just assume that all of his charts (including things like PH: Best of the Best and stuff) are automatically perfect, even though they're not even close.

And that's my attempt at contribution to a discussion.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:26 am

SUSAltd wrote:@amak: When you open a two-sided controversial topic by stating your opinion (or even without stating your opinion), you're bound to have a debate thread in your hands. Figuratively.

True enough

*procedes to edit first post*
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Nachtholm

Postby Nachtholm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 am

As a bit of a lurker myself, I really don't think it matters much. Honestly I'm here for a mix of gh/rb and custom content. Still, I'm thinking about experimenting with charting myself, cause nobody else is gonna start converting Kamelot songs en mass anytime soon. Besides, just for giggles I kinda want to put together WTF!? Hero, a compilation of the WORST fret charts in the history of FOF.
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:44 am

I would think it would be composed of the strangest songs.

Take the Teletubbies Theme Song, for example…

Spoiler:

Nachtholm

Postby Nachtholm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Lol. That would be awesome...

Notes have been taken.
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:07 am

Yeah, people who USUALLY critisize people's work at an extreme negative usually have no experience in fretting and therefore wouldn't even know how a song should be. They say this needs notes here, this needs notes there, this has too many/too few notes because they're not actually smart enough to figure out what the actual notes on a guitar are or being able to distinguish between what notes are lead and what are rhythm. That's one thing I don't like about the guitar games, they either don't have "lifelike" frets, they dull them down/exsadderate them way too much, or they make you play both the lead and the rhythm, just like the vocals, making you play stuff that the artist isn't even singing. As for file downloading, I myself have NO guitar hero/rockband songs on my computer and I don't think most people do. #1, If I want to play Rockband/Guitar Hero songs I can go out and buy the game off Ebay for a couple of bucks, #2, I don't like how half of the songs are fretted (as I mentioned at the top), and #3 I don't want to interfear with Harmonix in anyway that could cause a lawsuit or anything by (owning material that they "apparently" have possession of). On top of that, like Slashfan said, we should just fret the songs WE want to fret unless you are just feeling generous.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:36 pm

i can easily understand combining both lead and rythem guitars together, i actually think thats the best way to chart, what makes a good chart is how fun it is.. if you chart just the lead.. on most songs your gonna get bored, same with the rythem since it normally does the same thing repetively(dude i cant remember how to spell this word DX), in my opinion combinging the 2 makes for very HQ frets.. guess thats just my opinion though...
Image Image
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:10 pm

I do combine them both for the same reason.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Mainly a mojority of us do fret what WE want. *points to Taylor Swift Album* A lot of the beginning advice i took was only fret what you feel comfortable doing. If you think a song is too hard, fret something else. Generally, a lot of the content i play in FoF is user generated. i seriously dont know why i even have those songs (GH/RB songs) still on my computer. I think the last songs i downloaded tho were.....the songs for the next charter battle. Oh well cant argue with the times.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Haha, Taylor Swift! Wow.
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:43 am

When I first started charting, I just wanted to chart something that wasn't in GH or RB, and I chose a Joe Satriani song that my friend really liked. I was not a big fan of Satch at the time, but I thought I'd give it a try. When I entered it in the charting competition (amak hosted that one :D) and won first place, I started to look into more Satch.

Now if you look at my song thread, it's Satchurated (HA I MADE A PUN THERE).

Spoiler:

FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:34 am

Nice. Damnit I wish that the FOF IRC actually worked so I could talk to people instead of just filling up the forum threads with meaningless jokes and questions.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:49 am

There's too much complaining about insignificant stuff in this thread.

Amak, you have ASS tons of downloads on your songs. Trust me, you have it GOOD, and what bothers me the most is that you seem to do a lot of the complaining on this subject. I'm going to be honest, I think there are much better charts than what you have uploaded and I think that some of the criticisms may be true. However I do agree that there are a lot of people who are way to quick to assume that they know everything about charting. Jam Legend was HELL for this reason. Everyone was giving advice and nobody was accepting it. A lot of sht got through (including a lot of my stuff, ugh) and a lot of work was put into fixing it. We had stupid things coming up where the correct way of charting it was obvious and they didn't care because they were charting it "their way" and all kinds of stupid sht. I know this sounds really pretentious and whatnot because I'm basically sticking to a "My Way or the Highway" kind of mentality even now, but really, some really awful stuff got through that EVERYONE noticed was wrong. (4ncs, 125 chords, TRI). So yeah. Stop complaining because here, you CAN chart your way, and you can even choose to ignore advice if you want.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble

Return to “General FOF Discussion”