(Update)RBN Authoring Opportunity

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Re: (Update)RBN Authoring Opportunity

Postby anthman852 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:43 pm

send us your app and we will let you know :wink:
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Update 9/8/2010:

We are looking for at least 2-3 more charters to expand the company. So any of you guys who missed this the last time around or were unsure please take the time to at least fill out an application.

Applying

To apply, please just fill out the form below.

Please send all applications to [email protected].

Code: Select all

Application Form

By sending in this form you are implying that you are at least 18 years of age and that you wish to create full RBN songs according to the RBN standards.  If accepted you will be given at most a month to complete your first song(Will be based on your previous experience).  A month should be plenty of time for you to get acquainted with the things you have not done before.

[u]Please fill in the following[/u]

Previous experience:

Example of your work:

Why you want to author: 

Payment

Charters are given 10% of our gross revenue which is about 15% of the song's sale. The total amount an entry level author can get on any given song is capped at $600.

As you see, you will NOT make big money off of just one song. When it comes to this business quantity is very important, each song you make adds on to the total amount you will make on each payday.

Payment will be dished out on a quarterly basis(that is when we get our money from Microsoft).

Feel free to post if you have any questions!

http://altstrumpro.com/
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Is this just charting? Or do we have to do lighting, movements, etc. And can we only do one instrument? I'm interested but I'd like to know a bit more of what my job would be like.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:38 pm

It would be everything. Guitar/Bass/Drums/Vocals/Animations/Overdrive/Venue. The creators site will lay everything out for you.

If you find someone else who wants to split the dough with you and do the other things that is fine, but otherwise we need guys who are willing to do everything.

The other things are not hard by the way.
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:56 pm

If you can find a company which is paying more than that let me know. We have done some research and found that we pay our charters a lot better than anyone else.

I know it is kind of the cheap answer, but that is how it is. Once we start getting some better cash flow we hope to be more accommodating to the charters, but for right now that is the best we can do.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:54 pm

I would be interested if I'd have a working computer. :sleep: Will get one in a few months.
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Aww, i'd build you temp computer if i had the spare parts. Your charts would defenitely sell.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Sweet! Make sure you give me an email or something when that happens.

Also, on a side note, you CAN use other charting tools besides reaper to chart Guitar/Bass/Drums(Maybe vocals too? Does EOF do that now?). What I do is chart the Guitar, Bass, and Drums in dB and then I use chart2mid to make a midi I can use in Reaper(Which has an unlimited, never ending free trial btw). The only things you will absolutely need to do in Reaper are Vocals?, Animations, Overdrive, and Venue. There is also a bit of mixing which needs to be done on the stems. There are some videos which go into depth about how to do this in Reaper for RBN so it shouldn't be a problem. Reaper is really easy to use, especially with the RBN plugins, so if you have used FL Studio before it should be a breeze getting acquainted.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Legally, Reaper has a limited free trial. Using it for free beyond the trial period is against their use policy. Using it for free for commercial purposes is extremely against their use policy. To answer your question, EOF does support charting vocals, and writes them in the MIDI very cleanly. The current SVN revision even allows the user to enter percussion notes.
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Talking about legalities on a forum which consists of about 90% illegal content, just saying.

We do have licenses though, but I would say you don't need to bother until you have done a song or two. Reaper leaves it open so you can test it out thoroughly and make sure it is something you want to buy.

Good to know EOF has Vocals now...it should make it easier for some people to jump into RBN authoring.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:54 am

anthman852 wrote:Sweet! Make sure you give me an email or something when that happens.

Also, on a side note, you CAN use other charting tools besides reaper to chart Guitar/Bass/Drums(Maybe vocals too? Does EOF do that now?). What I do is chart the Guitar, Bass, and Drums in dB and then I use chart2mid to make a midi I can use in Reaper(Which has an unlimited, never ending free trial btw). The only things you will absolutely need to do in Reaper are Vocals?, Animations, Overdrive, and Venue. There is also a bit of mixing which needs to be done on the stems. There are some videos which go into depth about how to do this in Reaper for RBN so it shouldn't be a problem. Reaper is really easy to use, especially with the RBN plugins, so if you have used FL Studio before it should be a breeze getting acquainted.

Sounds pretty good, and easy, as I've used dB and FL the last 4 years. But I'll get back to you once I get a new computer. (Our school gives all students a new laptops when we move top our new school... for free.) :biggrin:
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Puppetz, you thinking doing this?

I died.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention what artists we work with(stupid me).

We work with all kinds of artists, ranging from small indie bands to big time artists.

Some of our more notable partnerships are with Nuclear Blast Records and Relapse Records.

We also have a rather large backlog of songs so there will never be a shortage of songs to do.
Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Is the main reason it's 18+ is because of pay? Well than could I volunteer with no pay if I'm 15?
ImageImage

One of the few Expert+ drum players

Return to “General FOF Discussion”