SUPER FAST Song Making Guide for Noobs! :D

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
MrRenakin

SUPER FAST Song Making Guide for Noobs! :D

Postby MrRenakin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Welcome! I have a way to make custom Songs really fast! However, The song won't quiet when u miss a note if u use this way. First, the progams you will need are:
Audacity : http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
FeedBack (Although you dont need this exact program, its my favorite :D) http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7466
Chart Converter : http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45092
and Song.ini Generator :http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/song-ini-generator
And if You dont have WinRAR... : http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/winrar

Yes! You are now ready to start making your song!
First, make the folder already in your songs folder in your fretsonfire entitled the song name.
I want to fret Big Blue Metalized by GoreBastard, so, my folder is named Big Blue Metalized.(Make sure you have the MP3 file)
There ya go! Now, open up your Audacity. Go to Project, and click "Import Audio". Find your MP3 file of the song u want to fret. For me it is Big Blue Metalized.
After finding the song, click open and WHA-LA! Theres your song. Now, go to file and click "Export as OGG Vorbis." Now go to the song file in ur frets on fire folder. For me, I go to Local Disk, Program Files, FoFix, Songs, Then select the song folder Big Blue Metalized, since thats my song. Oh, and dont forget to rename it guitar.ogg.
So, heres the long part. Select your MP3 file, ffor me its Big Blue Metalized, and copy it, then go to feedback and look for the folder called Songs, and paste it in there.
Now, we begin the charting. I wont overexplain how to use FeedBack, but I will tell you some things. First, press ESC and press enter on New Chart. Select the MP3 file you pasted in the folder Songs. Press Exit, dont worry about typing the Artist/Fretter, we make that later, so just skip down to Exit and press Enter.If you press n, it enables clapping, so when u press spacebar to play the songs, it will clap as every note goes by. Press n again to disable it. Right decreases the space inbetween notes, and left arrow increases it. Use up and down to navigate through, and 1 - 5 to place notes, hold to make a long note. Page up and Page down can be used to skip through measures. Do your best to place the notes correctly. End takes you to the beginning of the song, and Home take you to the Most recent note you placed. Now, go ahead and make your song. Ill wait. Ok, now that you are hopefully done, press save chart. Exit FeedBack and Open up The Chart Converter. Click Run. Click browse and find your file in FeedBack/Songs/ and it should be called Big Blue Metalized.chart for me. Click open and click convert. When it says done, go back to FeedBack/Songs and you will have the new Chart. Rename it "notes" And cut it to: Local Disk/Program Files/FoFix(or whichever version you have)/Songs/(and whatever song you are creating) and paste it here. Now one more thing. Open up the Song.ini Genereator. Just type the artist's name, the song name, and the Fretter name (which is you). Dont worry about Cassette color.Click Generate then It should be in the Folder the Generator comes in. Cut it to the folder with the song that you are making. Congratulations! Your done! Sit back, relax, and play your song!

If you are having any trouble, Private Message me. Ok Thanx!
NOT THE NAVY!!
thugz411

Re: SUPER FAST Song Making Guide for Noobs! :D

Postby thugz411 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:56 pm

That is a very nice sum-up of ear fretting,but many would prefer tabs.much more accurate :2thumbsup:
check out my >>>SONGZ<<< thread at......heeeere..<--DONT CLICK HERE..i WARNED YOU.
The Shizophrenic Kid
jaxxxson

Postby jaxxxson » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Wait...if there is an ini creating program, you could just use the ini to make charts...I think I know a faster way/more accurate way. I'll have to investigate.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Or you can do it faster with EOF, which not only does the mp3 to ogg conversion, it outputs a FoF-ready chart. No need to create an INI file or convert a chart file. If you want to compress the chart, only then do you need a second program unless you want to use compression capabilities built into your Operating System (ie. Windows can create zip files out of the box without installing any additional software).
MrRenakin

Postby MrRenakin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Oh. Well I have been Unable to fret songs on my current laptop, because my FeedBack Stopped working. The timing changes all the time Unless I start all the way at the beginning. For example, it goes dun! I place a note there and I go back a little to test the timing. But then the timing completely changes! But if I start at beginning, then the timing is normal. Someone please help! :(
GH Freak
skriBBl3z

Postby skriBBl3z » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:59 am

i use eof and make my songs by ear because i dont know how to use tabs
its hard
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:45 am

thugz411 wrote:That is a very nice sum-up of ear fretting,but many would prefer tabs.much more accurate :2thumbsup:

Umm... Most of us fret by ear.
Naemesis

Postby Naemesis » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:33 am

acrox999 wrote:
thugz411 wrote:That is a very nice sum-up of ear fretting,but many would prefer tabs.much more accurate :2thumbsup:

lol?

Avantasia - The Scarecrow
Pasta Viking
Ugly Pasta

Postby Ugly Pasta » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:11 pm

MrRenakin wrote:Song.ini Generator :http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/song-ini-generator

There's a newer version of the Song.ini Generator.
http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/song-ini-generator-v1-3
This is just a placeholder sig until I find something else to put here.
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:32 am

MrRenakin wrote:Oh. Well I have been Unable to fret songs on my current laptop, because my FeedBack Stopped working. The timing changes all the time Unless I start all the way at the beginning. For example, it goes dun! I place a note there and I go back a little to test the timing. But then the timing completely changes! But if I start at beginning, then the timing is normal. Someone please help! :(

I've seen this before, but only under circumstances that made me think this is caused by system lag. I don't know that there are "system requirements" as such for db, but you might try it on a more up-to-date computer.

Just for the record, i still think those that use tabs and don't credit the tab's origin when posting are ripping off somebody else's work. If you disagree with me try asking about it in a tabbing community. :unsure:
Last edited by ryanpanties on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:35 am

Naemesis wrote:
acrox999 wrote:

lol?

Yes, its a fact.
k4kashi_m4sk

Postby k4kashi_m4sk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:00 am

Im using EOF....its an instant song-fretting...........
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:47 am

ryanpanties wrote:Just for the record, i still think those that use tabs and don't credit the tab's origin when posting are ripping off somebody else's work. If you disagree with me try asking about it in a tabbing community. :unsure:

Just for the record not everbody uses Tabs, remember tabs are nothing more than midi files with a different file type. so midi, PT files and GP files are all viable methods and you dont always know who the original tabber was, Esp with standard midi files half of those have been sat on peoples websites for like 5 years, they didint make the files they just collected them from other places, so you cant always know where they originated from.
Then of course you have the other side to this.. who gives a damn . they are tabs and midis. its not like they carry disclaimers with them, unlike most other things. They are put up on websites for you to have. unlike things like 3d models, textures/ graphics, sound banks, assets for game mods, they usually say " if you use this for a project give credit to me" or at least " if you use this for a project id like to see what you did with it " out of the several thousand midis/ PT/GP files i have collected over the years ive never had a single one that had any sort of disclaimer with it or even on the webpage it came from, so i generally dont think people are that bothered about the credit, plus not forgetting the majority of midi/tabs are not accurate ( not 100% ) so you generally have to do SOME work on them anyway to make them up to standard, before you even get to turning it into a fof compatable midi file, so your doing some of the original tabbers work for them coz they couldnt do a good enough job themselves.
If you hired someone to build you a house and they forgot to add windows to it, would you advertise their great work, or would you say " yeah i hired some guy , but i had to do half the work coz he wasnt good enough" i know i wouldn't credit for a half job.. I think the best you can do in this case is give a mention of where you got the file from like " original tab collected from 911 tabs " or something to that effect.. but thats just my opinion.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:02 pm

nobby76 wrote:
ryanpanties wrote:Just for the record, i still think those that use tabs and don't credit the tab's origin when posting are ripping off somebody else's work. If you disagree with me try asking about it in a tabbing community. :unsure:

Just for the record not everbody uses Tabs, remember tabs are nothing more than midi files with a different file type. so midi, PT files and GP files are all viable methods

uhhhhh... your notes.mid is a midi file... so if you use the method that i KNOW you did you're being a **** about this...

OBVIOUSLY your songs are using the midis so stop being defensive and realise what he's saying, its his opinion that you are halving your workload by using tabs and he doesnt like it.

thats it
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
Just Forgotten
ram156

Postby ram156 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:57 pm

lol.
Ripping off tabs is just completely pathetic, you cant even call that your own song. I use tabs when I fret, only to see similar notes for chords, and Many tabs have mistakes in them anyways.

This guide is pretty good for ear fretting, But its almost completely missing BPM, which I think is a key part to fretting having that correct.
We Are Legion, We Do Not Forgive, We Do Not Forget, Expect Us.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”