How to make a good preview.ogg

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Criticized Fretter
motorhead14

How to make a good preview.ogg

Postby motorhead14 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:21 am

Ok, it's pretty easy to make a preview.ogg, but i'll be teaching you how to make a good one. All you'll need is these 2 things

1. Audacity
2. Your music of course

-----------------------------------------------------
1. Open audacity and your music file.

2. Play through the song and pause it at the beginning section you want to cut (I would recommend the chorus). To cut a section, click and hold your mouse on the line where you paused and drag it to the very beginning, then press the stop button (the square). and Press delete.

3. Now play the song for about 15 seconds then pause it again, and cut the audio the same way i taught you except drag your mouse to the end of the song this time and delete.

4. Now hi-light the first second of your preview now, then go to EFFECTS then click "Fade In. and do the same thing for the last second of the song but then click "Fade Out".

5. Now export your project as an Ogg Vorbis file and name it "preview" minus the quotes and put it in your songs folder. (i'm just using my desktop as an example).

-----------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, if you still can't do this, just reply to this thread and i will try to help you as much as i can
ImageImage
Acheivements
*4th Place - July Novice Guitar Chart Competition
Always So Negative
RealCheese

Re: How to make a good preview.ogg

Postby RealCheese » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:40 pm

Ha... It's funny to think someone thinks that anyone needs help with this...
Criticized Fretter
motorhead14

Postby motorhead14 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:44 pm

hey, there could be an idiot out there who is too dumb to know audacity
ImageImage
Acheivements
*4th Place - July Novice Guitar Chart Competition
Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:26 am

Previews should be 30 seconds, not 15.
The ones in RB are always 30 seconds.

This is also pretty useless. almost as useless as the BRE tutorial and how to erase vocals from a song
If you can't figure out how to cut some music out of a song, then I don't know what the f*ck to tell you...
Dungeon Master
megasxlrsebas2

Postby megasxlrsebas2 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:26 pm

I think most people here will find this rather useless, or at least I do, since instead of listening a 30 seconds preview of a song. I prefer playing the whole song and using FoFiX as a sort of media player. Therefore, I intencionally disabled most of the previews for the songs I like (by simply renaming the file).

But a tutorial for this is always welcome, hopefully it will help some some people who ARE interested and don´t know about audacity or other similar program.

Cheers

Spoiler:Tranlation:

This might be usefull only for n00bs, but even if so, I doen´t do any harm to the community knowledge, or does it?

Electro Tomato wrote:8 year olds are fun to hurt. They bleed profusely

Return to “General FOF Discussion”