You Might be a FoF Addict if...

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: You Might be a FoF Addict if...

Postby nobby76 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:57 am

RealCheese wrote:
This list has nothing to do with anything.

Either play along or dont take part. And the list is do to with frets on fire and its users and the amount of usage the game and forum gets. Its called a bit of fun moron.
RealCheese wrote:-At least half of your songs are on the Wiki -------------------------------------------- Does anybody even update that thing? Anyway, the wiki doesn't matter

Yes the wiki is updated on almost a daily basis. And YES it does matter. considering it is a huge database of most of the songs available on the forum. its one of the fastest ways to see if a song you are looking for has been fretted. Its also a huge repository of information for such things as mods, error fault finding and general tidbits of information regarding the game. None of this may matter to you. but we know for a fact that many many people have found the wiki VERY useful. So yes it does matter.
RealCheese wrote:-You get mad when people don't leave feedback on your posts ---------------------- I don't get mad... nobody gets mad unless they happen to have some disease, but everyone does not enjoy no feedback. It sucks ass.

WHAT?!?!? Are you on crack or something??? Of course people get mad/ angry without having a disease, its usually associated with frustration. frustration of working hard, trying to get a song finished and not have anyone leave you feedback or even say thank you. If you think that the only people that get mad have some form of illness then i guess three quarters of the world have an illness, coz there is certainly a lot of anger in the world..

Unfortunately being a miserable bastard and trying to make out like your opinion is the only correct opinion, doesn't actually mean your right about anything. I think you will be better suited staying in off topic rather than venturing out into the big boy part of the forum...

Have a nice day.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm guilty to all but the modding ones.

Also: You might be an addict if you bash people for thinking that the list is random.
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:41 pm

- You might be an addict if you take this thread at all seriously.
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
Dont Try Me
Bookbag_Monsta

Postby Bookbag_Monsta » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:22 am

KTownEgghead wrote:- You might be an addict if you take this thread at all seriously.

lol, I agree

(and I made this thread)
Quotes to Live By:

"So play nice."
-Woody, Toy Story

"I dunno I'm making this up as I go."
-Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark

"PANCAKES!"
-Crash Bandicoot, Crash of the Titans
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:43 am

-You have made over 10 songs for FoF

... yes

------------------------------------------------------------------

I've don't got many of my songs in the wiki, I think!? I don't get angry if people don't comment on my posts... well on the other hand, I haven't had that experience in almost two years, so I don't remember. :glare:
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dont Try Me
Bookbag_Monsta

Postby Bookbag_Monsta » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:44 am

Puppetz wrote:
I've don't got many of my songs in the wiki, I think!?

Well, almost all of your Heros are on the Wiki, so
Quotes to Live By:

"So play nice."
-Woody, Toy Story

"I dunno I'm making this up as I go."
-Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark

"PANCAKES!"
-Crash Bandicoot, Crash of the Titans
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:49 pm

-When you go to school, get an idea for a mod, come home and work on it right away
-You look forward for school to end just so you could do some coding for FOF
-Most of your free-time is spent posting on the forum in sections other than the off-topic section

Hehehe Guilty-as-charged. I also fit a good 80% of the other things posted.
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:52 pm

- You start listening to songs and artists because they were on a Puppetz hero and you liked them

And now I have over 500 posts...I'm probably an addict :laugh: <-insane laugh
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

Eat Moar Bunnies!
Def_Monk

Postby Def_Monk » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:28 pm

SketchMan3 wrote:You might be an FoF addict if you remember this topic being posted before, and you still have new contributions to make to it.

Lmao, guilty. That entire thing should just be quoted. We had some really funny posts on there.

Ya, I'm one of the select few with ALL GH, RB, Puppetz Hero, FOF Hero, And random misc. others downloaded. I have well over 1000 songs. lmao.

You know you're an addict when fretsonfire.org is your homepage...oops...
Life would be so much easier if we just had the damn source code.
My Dream Guitar
GamerFox71

Postby GamerFox71 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:42 am

When you still play old mods and versions of Frets on Fire (like me :biggrin: ).
When you say that RF-Mod Hopo's rock (like me :biggrin: ).
When you day-dream of mods that don't could be impossible in Frets on Fire (like me :biggrin:) .
When you still search for a guy who still plays and finds the old Frets on Fire best than other versions (like me :biggrin: ).

Old-skool rules!!!! Originality would suck in Frets on Fire if we kept on ripping game componenents from GH and RB.
And don't call me noob, it's just that the originality of Frets on Fire is going down.
Official Zombie Outbreak Test Results:
60% Survival Chance
I WILL SURVIVE!!!!!!!!
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:52 am

I personally prefer RFMod to Fofix in terms of graphics. I just can't get it to run smoothly for me.

You might be an FoF addict when during a conversation (or any other time of the day) you randomly think "Frets On Fire" for no reason whatsoever.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:13 pm

- You have Real World commitments that make you feel guilty for not contributing as much as you'd like to the FoF community.
- When listening to random songs on the radio you can't help but imagine where the frets go
- You pick up computer keyboards in electronics stores to see how comfortable they are
- You buy/want to buy the full band kit for RB/GH:WT so you can use the instruments in FoF/iX
(I'm very guilty of all of the above)

On some of the other points:

"Your FoF looks like Rock Band or Guitar Hero" - My FoFiX looks like the original FoF... does that count?
"You have over 50 songs downloaded for FoF" - Guilty
"You Have a few Rock Band or Guitar Hero songs downloaded" - Guilty as per previous point. I'd also like to add a new one:
- You have downloaded Guitar Hero and/or Rock Band songs even though you own the original games - (Guilty)
"You have made a Theme or Mod for FoF (Or have contributed to one)" - quite guilty
"You Have over 500 posts on the forum" - (is that all?) Guilty
"You have made over 10 songs for FoF" - Only 3 atm. I'll get there.
"You get mad when people don't leave feedback on your posts" - Not mad, just a little disappointed (and lonely)
Def_Monk wrote:You know you're an addict when fretsonfire.org is your homepage...oops...
I have about 5-10 tabs open on different threads that my firefox remembers when I close and reopen it... does that count?
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Bookbag_Monsta wrote:-Your FoF looks like Rock Band or Guitar Hero
-You have over 50 songs downloaded for FoF

Check.
Bookbag_Monsta wrote:-You Have a few Rock Band or Guitar Hero songs downloaded

Try every main setlist rip on this forum.
Bookbag_Monsta wrote:-You have made a Theme or Mod for FoF (Or have contributed to one)

Proud to have had commit access to FoFiX since January 1, 2009 and to have brought forth some long-requested features.
Bookbag_Monsta wrote:-You Have over 500 posts on the forum

All things in good time.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?

Return to “General FOF Discussion”