frets on fire tabs?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
jonfawcett

frets on fire tabs?

Postby jonfawcett » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:04 pm

as this isnt really a need for help i thought id put it here...i was wondering if there was any programs that can put the 2 parts of a song together so i could make it into an MP3 track for my ipod (the 3 original songs that is) also are there any tabs avalible for them? id like to learn the last of the 3, this week ive mostly been playing guitar any suggestions ?
thanks
Full Time Fretter
hckyfrk2k7

Re: frets on fire tabs?

Postby hckyfrk2k7 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:51 pm

jonfawcett wrote:as this isnt really a need for help i thought id put it here...i was wondering if there was any programs that can put the 2 parts of a song together so i could make it into an MP3 track for my ipod (the 3 original songs that is) also are there any tabs avalible for them? id like to learn the last of the 3, this week ive mostly been playing guitar any suggestions ?
thanks

As far as putting 2 parts of a song together, try Audacity...... (or you can send me the file and I can do it for you if you want.....)

And as far as having tabs for the songs, what songs are they?
jake2k3 wrote:I think we've hit the point now where practicality has gone out the window and all this board is now is a "let's forget originality and work this sucker as close to an exact copy (of GH/RB) as possible" feeding frenzy.

New Song Awards Idea, Check It Out Here!
jonfawcett

Postby jonfawcett » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:18 pm

just all the original 3 songs "bang bang mistery man" , "defy the machine" and "this week ive mostly been playing guitar...ill go have a look at audacity now

---- EDIT ----

ok i looked up audacity...and when i try to record it picks nothing up...and you cant play 2 tracks at the same time (or i couldnt figure out how) dont know if you could send me the information as MP3 tracks and how you would want to do it :S
thanks for the help
Full Time Fretter
hckyfrk2k7

Postby hckyfrk2k7 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:46 pm

jonfawcett wrote:just all the original 3 songs "bang bang mistery man" , "defy the machine" and "this week ive mostly been playing guitar...ill go have a look at audacity now

---- EDIT ----

ok i looked up audacity...and when i try to record it picks nothing up...and you cant play 2 tracks at the same time (or i couldnt figure out how) dont know if you could send me the information as MP3 tracks and how you would want to do it :S
thanks for the help

At the same time?!?! Just a question, but why at the same time?
jake2k3 wrote:I think we've hit the point now where practicality has gone out the window and all this board is now is a "let's forget originality and work this sucker as close to an exact copy (of GH/RB) as possible" feeding frenzy.

New Song Awards Idea, Check It Out Here!
jonfawcett

Postby jonfawcett » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:41 pm

so i can put the song and the guitar sections together...so the MP3 you end up with becomes what the song is...( what you would hear if you didnt make a mistake) coz when i try to record anything i get nothing on the recording :S
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:03 pm

You can mix many tracks using Audacity, read the documentation.
If you're using Windows, I made this small interface to automatize the converting process of large libraries:
viewtopic.php?p=238677#p238677
Using it is quite straightforward however you can't select the destination folder so the mixed mp3 is created in the song folder (tip to easily move the file once the conversion is done: search your songs folder for *.mp3 ) . Also, there were very few drums tracks at the time I made that so I'm pretty sure it only supports songs with song.ogg, guitar.ogg and rhythm.ogg and you have no control on the mp3 quality or tracks mix volume. So, for quick and easy results use it, but for songs of better quality, learn how to use audacity.
jonfawcett

Postby jonfawcett » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:24 pm

ok cool...still any1 know a link to of have the tabs for the original 3 songs ?
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:32 pm

I don't think anyone has tabs for those songs. I doubt anyone will make tabs for them. I could probably make tabs for Defy The Machine. I mean, honestly, it's not the most complex song out there. I'm surprised you can't just pick it out by ear.

I doubt I could ever make tabs for Bang Bang, but I could give you the chords. As far as TWIBMPG... I'm not up to tabbing out that entire song. Maybe, someday...

If you want to mix down the tracks here's how to do it:

1. Download Audacity
2. Download the lame mp3 dll
3. Open Audacity
4. Open the folder of the song of your choice
5. Select the guitar.ogg and song.ogg files
6. Drag them into the Audacity window
7. Let it load...
8. Click "File>Export Project As Mp3..."
9. You can figure out the rest.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”