a way to tell what songs are separated audio

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
tannayr

a way to tell what songs are separated audio

Postby tannayr » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:57 am

Hey, I've downloaded a few songs that people made, and been a little disappointed, none are even remotely made from seperated audio. I understand that it's a much harder process than just fretting notes for people to hit, but it just seems pointless to play if it's not seperated. Is there any way to tell if any of the songs are made from seperated audio besides wasting time downloading? I've got all the guitar hero and rock band songs, wanted to branch out a bit more though, thanks.
incredibly
special jerry

Re: a way to tell what songs are separated audio

Postby special jerry » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:33 am

hey, its not a harder process btw - it would infact make it easier to fret
but seperate audio tracks for songs are rare/really hard to get hold of, so a straight .MP3 > .OGG conversion is they way its generally done.
i personally dont use any custom songs either for this reason.

u could always duplicate the guitar.ogg, rename 1 to song.ogg and edit the sound whichever way ya wanted, drop the volume slightly, increase the lower end frequencies etc.
but it'll never be the same.

Is there any way to tell

you should assume ALL custom songs have just a guitar.ogg
im sure the fretter would make it clear in the thread if it was made with proper audio tracks.

-ava gud dae
you.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:54 am

As of late, all of my Nate Monoxide frettings (NOT Rock 'n' Roll Revolution... yet.) have been with at least semi-seperated audio (instrumental for guitar.ogg, then everything but the guitar for song.ogg. Rhythm.ogg usually doesn't work when using an Instrumental, as it'll play in guitar.ogg)

However, I usually -say- that there's at least 'cheat masters'.
blah.
felixdaman18

Postby felixdaman18 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:59 pm

BSRaven wrote:As of late, all of my Nate Monoxide frettings (NOT Rock 'n' Roll Revolution... yet.) have been with at least semi-seperated audio (instrumental for guitar.ogg, then everything but the guitar for song.ogg. Rhythm.ogg usually doesn't work when using an Instrumental, as it'll play in guitar.ogg)

However, I usually -say- that there's at least 'cheat masters'.

Are you saying there's a way to seperate the guitar from the song so it's easier to fret?
Add me on XBL
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:06 pm

Thats stupid, not playing any songs just cause they haven't got seperated audio.

It's doesn't make it much better.
*GRUNT*
Fugu23

Postby Fugu23 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Nathaniel607 wrote:Thats stupid, not playing any songs just cause they haven't got seperated audio.

It's doesn't make it much better.

I would have to concur. It's a relatively small thing. Like whammy.

Seperated audio should be considered "a step above" rather than the standard. This ain't GH.
Rock Lover/Fretter
vectris

Postby vectris » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:31 pm

tannayr wrote:Hey, I've downloaded a few songs that people made, and been a little disappointed, none are even remotely made from seperated audio. I understand that it's a much harder process than just fretting notes for people to hit, but it just seems pointless to play if it's not seperated. Is there any way to tell if any of the songs are made from seperated audio besides wasting time downloading? I've got all the guitar hero and rock band songs, wanted to branch out a bit more though, thanks.

WHAT??? How can you be "dissapointed" that people haven't wasted their time to separate the audio tracks. And how the heck does that make it pointless to play? It's pointless if there's no notes.

Separating Audio tracks is so hard even Guitar Hero didn't do it right, take TTFTF into practice and when you get to some of the guitar solos there's no sound, that's because it's so hard to separate it that they couldn't actually do it. Separated Audio tracks hardly makes a difference. If you realize, 99.9% of the songs made for it are NOT separated, your going to have to live with it.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:23 am

Well thing is seperating the tracks are practically impossible (well it is possible to do it to some degree but it's never 100%), but having a master track is another thing because then it's allready seperated. just don't merge them. :P

Getting your hands on master tracks i a bit different then.. if you do find any master tracks of eneything, shougt. :)
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
kirbix

Postby kirbix » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:26 pm

vectris wrote:Separating Audio tracks is so hard even Guitar Hero didn't do it right, take TTFTF into practice and when you get to some of the guitar solos there's no sound, that's because it's so hard to separate it that they couldn't actually do it. Separated Audio tracks hardly makes a difference. If you realize, 99.9% of the songs made for it are NOT separated, your going to have to live with it.

Umm... You don't really believe they just take the complete song and separate everything with a piece of software, right...?

They have master tracks for that stuff.
Rock Lover/Fretter
vectris

Postby vectris » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:51 pm

Umm... You don't really believe they just take the complete song and separate everything with a piece of software, right...?

They have master tracks for that stuff.

For most of them yes, and at that it costs lots of money to get those Master Tracks. You can't expect FoF fretters to spend money like that for master tracks when they have very little use.
tannayr

Postby tannayr » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:42 pm

lol I didn't mean to make any waves. I've seperated vocals from songs before, and it's been pretty flawless, but i only did it for a few songs. Perhaps disappointed and pointless were poorly chosen words, I just like for when I miss for it to atleast have no sound until the next note, otherwise i'll just listen to the song and play with the guitar unplugged, i don't care about high scores.

But yeah, I know you'd need master tracks, but was just saying that I was hoping people would atleast seperate into different frequencies and "seperate" to some degree. I still play the unseperated songs, was just seeing if anyone had taken the time to atleast try.
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:28 pm

raynebc wrote:Too many of the frequencies overlap to make this feasible for most scenarios.

you know when you extract vocals (impossible on alot of songs as the vocals dont stay rigid to both left and right) but you know how the song gets a little tinny? thats JUST from extracting the audio frequencies that PERFECTLY overlap... can yo u imagine how CRAP the song would sound if you were to seperate all the frequencies of a LEFT/RIGHT audio track?

it would sound like this:

"----------------------------------------"

Long story short... if you can find leaked master tracks to any song already fretted... convert them and replace the guitar.ogg with them...
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
Guywiththegun

Postby Guywiththegun » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:14 pm

I appreciate the hard work people put into their songs, but lets not pretend something isn't sorely missed when the tracks aren't separated. Its like the big elephant in the room, IMO.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”