The "Feed the n00bs" Project

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 15 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
A Taco Salad
binomialboy

The "Feed the n00bs" Project

Postby binomialboy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:59 am

I know that most of the people on this forum play on Expert, with a few on Hard, but keep in mind that we all started on Easy or Medium. As such, I'm initiating this project in an attempt to bring in new rockers to the FoF Fan Forum. Those who join this project are making a solid commitment to fret their songs on all difficulties (it doesn't take that much longer to downgrade once you have the expert fret done). Help boost our numbers with less experienced players, so they too can learn to rock like us!
See a list of all my charts here!

Also, if you like my work, and want to support me so I can stop eating ramen, feel free to donate. Donations of >$20 will net you a commission (any song you want, guitar and bass, guaranteed quality), and >$50 gets you a three song pack (but I'll be reasonable, nobody's going to do that...)

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: The "Feed the n00bs" Project

Postby acrox999 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:26 am

I start with expert. Only the first time I play GH, which was GHII in easy for one time, then move to expert without practicing anything. Anyway, what song we have to fret for the n00bs?
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:32 am

Anyway, what song we have to fret for the n00bs?

ALL that you fret after joining this project.

Alas, I don't have the time for doing as this project asks, so I'll have to pass :tongue2:
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:01 am

I always fret my songs on all difficulties, check them out and you will see (Only exception I have ever done was the Kingdom hearts song for drphl's video game tier pack), I do think of the n00b players :tongue2:

Also I am downgrading PH4 songs from expert to hard and I'm almost halfway through

Davey
TehMightyUnicorn

Postby TehMightyUnicorn » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:38 pm

I've started doing all difficulties recently... so after I downgrade the Megadeth album I should have them all downgraded...
Megadeth's Countdown to Extinction (Complete Album)
ekdikeo

Postby ekdikeo » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:51 am

i second this request, i can't handle much on hard and expert. (my 14 yo daughter, however, can pull out practically anything on expert.. sigh.)
Disciple of Puppetz
B-47 Unknown

Postby B-47 Unknown » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:47 pm

binomialboy wrote:It doesn't take that much longer to downgrade once you have the expert fret done.

It varies based on fretting style. I for one only fret hard and expert. It takes me
anywhere from 5 minutes for a short song to an hour plus for a long one with technical
solos just to do hard. A long time ago, I fretted medium too, but I got too good and
testing the medium chart became boring. So I stopped. :tongue2:

My recommendation to new players is stick with professional tracks like GH and RB or
blackfate's stuff. He frets the lower difficulties well.
All of my songs can be found at My song thread.
---------------------------------
The latest.. Megadeth - 44 Minutes
microsnakey

Postby microsnakey » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:02 pm

I am a noob and I think this would be a great Idea.
I am stuck with the rb gh songs because alot of the others are expert.
I can only play easy/medium
Disciple of Puppetz
B-47 Unknown

Postby B-47 Unknown » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:04 pm

Give it time.
Eventually, you'll get better.
I grew out of medium in about two months.
Just try and be patient.
All of my songs can be found at My song thread.
---------------------------------
The latest.. Megadeth - 44 Minutes
A Taco Salad
binomialboy

Postby binomialboy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:15 pm

Microsnakey, it was for people like you that I started this project. If you go to my song thread, you'll find a good number of songs that have all difficulties (the link is in my signature). Feel free to add them to your playable repertoire (in fact, I encourage it). Just keep playing and I guarantee you'll be able to rock with the best some day.

Also, if you like my work, and want to support me so I can stop eating ramen, feel free to donate. Donations of >$20 will net you a commission (any song you want, guitar and bass, guaranteed quality), and >$50 gets you a three song pack (but I'll be reasonable, nobody's going to do that...)

Bagno

Postby Bagno » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Well, i can join. It's PERFECT idea. I have a couple of friends that want to start "rock"... They're of course playing on easy because THEY ARE STARTING (small).
And of course, i started playing on easy. Now i'm playing on Hard and Expert.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Count me in, although I haven't released much yet (working on a album but doing a lot of other stuff as well so the progress is slow)
Do we add some sort of icon to our signature or something to identify a memeber of this project or something?

Maybe a usergroup might help newbies find all memembers of this group, and make it easier for them to find songs.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
A Taco Salad
binomialboy

Postby binomialboy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:32 pm

If we could get our own usergroup, that would be pretty sweet. Of course, we need the admins to initiate it for us. One thing that would be helpful is if all members of this group put all their frets in one topic, and place a link to it in their sig.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”