Fretsonfire IRC channel - Now with added Jurgen-Bot!

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:56 am

Imppe wrote:
Dreakon wrote:
nobby76 wrote:There isnt a link, its not a website

irc://undernet.org/FOF-FF

That is normally what the link to an IRC channel would look like. For some reason I can't connect with it though, if anyone wants to correct it.

That's cos the EU server is down, so you have to connect on US server and it doesn't happen itself. :)

Depending on the client you're using, it can find an alternate server automatically. Anyway, it's very improbable for all EU servers to be down at the same time. eu.undernet.org is not a server on itself, when you connect to it, it selects one of the European servers for you, exact samething for us.undernet.org . the problem with irc://undernet.org/FOF-FF is that it should be irc://us.undernet.org/FOF-FF or irc://eu.undernet.org/FOF-FF
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:12 pm

I only connect to European undernet, i never connect to US undernet ( coz im in europe ) And as Raph just said its Very unlikly that all euro servers go down at the same time, ( in fact ive never heard of it happening)
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
;;;( ° д°)
crossieh

Postby crossieh » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am

If I want to go to sleep and stay in the channel, don't be a ****(s) and kick me out everytime I go to bed, just because you feel like it. Blows.

And yes yes: "CHANNEL RULES WRITTEN BY HITLER: Don't do that, that, that, that, that or that." It's a IRC-channel ffs, not a freaking prison or something.
Last edited by crossieh on Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
el nini

Postby el nini » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:25 am

Rules is rules. You can sleep in the channel if you like, but change your name to say that you're away.
Its just like life. Quite interesting in parts, but no substitute for the real thing.
;;;( ° д°)
crossieh

Postby crossieh » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:35 am

Well sometimes I just get :

* You were kicked out by somerandomasshole (NO SLEEPING) :p
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:17 pm

Being on an irc channel is a privilege, not a right. meaning this privilege can be revoked anytime without any reasons.
If you believe that coming here and insulting the channel's operators will serve your cause, you're wrong. If you're AFK, you don't need to be in the channel. normally changing your irc nickname to nick_away will allow you to stay on the channel even while AFK. It is easy to see how long someone has been idling and operators only kick long-time idler (2 or 3 hours). Anyway, a kick is not a ban and if it happens to you, don't protest on the forum, just type /join #fof-ff
Last edited by raph666 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:39 pm

crossieh wrote:If I want to go to sleep and stay in the channel, don't be a ****(s) and kick me out everytime I go to bed, just because you feel like it. Blows.

And yes yes: "CHANNEL RULES WRITTEN BY HITLER: Don't do that, that, that, that, that or that." It's a IRC-channel ffs, not a freaking prison or something.
You know thats the most long assed way of saying " id like to be banned please! :)
Theres a simple way of looking at this! If you dont like the rules of the channel. Dont come back in again! It really is that simple!
i doubt anybody is gonna loose sleep over the fact your not in the channel!

And yes yes: "Channel rules written by Hitler!" Don't do that, that, that, that, that or that.
LoL im glad you picked one of my favourite men of history, i may have been insulted otherwise! But lets take a second to look at these oh so Hitler like rules....
1 No rascism OF ANY KIND, including changing your Nickname to something considered rascism Will not be tollerated!
2 No bullying or singling out of any kind, This can often be more damaging than you think.
3 Try to keep swearing and cursing down to a minimum ( not everyone is an adult remember )
4 If you want to be away from your computer for a while, but still be connected to the channel,Please set you nick as NICK-away.
I thought Hitler was all for rascism, but my rules are against it... hmm i can see the similarities allready. Hitler liked a bit of bullying too! Oh look rule 2 Is AGAINST bullying. Gee ! i really am just like Hitler!!

It's a IRC-channel ffs, not a freaking prison or something.
I presume the " or something" was referring to.. A hotel, or a drop in center for the homeless.
And you right its not a prison. Meaning . You dont have to stay there 24 hours a day!!! And also remember This is a service I provide for You for free! i use my time and my computer to keep that channel running. Im doing YOU the favour here not the other way round.

Like rule 4 says " if you want to be away FOR A WHILE " yeah for like a couple of hours or so, if you gotta go have your dinner, or you gotta go to the store and get some milk! but why you or anybody else feels the need to stay connected to a chatroom When your either ASLEEP, AT SCHOOL, OR A WORK is beyond me! your not contributing to the channel, your not missing out on anything special. And you have the nerve to moan if you get kicked ( and only kicked, not banned ) after Being Idle for 7, 13 or in one instance a few days ago 21 hours. If you cant get back to your computer in that sort of time. perhaps you should turn it off, You would make a huge saving on your electricity bill.

BTW what exactly was you hoping to accomplish with your little childs rant ??
Was you hoping i would change the rules? just for you!! Or was you just venting your anger coz you had done something wrong and been punished for it?? * sob, sniff. " but i didnt know you couldnt do that :( " Same old story.. Did you think to ask if it was ok to leave it connected while you f*ck off and do something more fun for like 8 hours. NO! you didnt. So dont try pulling that crap excuse!
If you wanna know somehting ask, dont just do it regardless then **** moan after coz you was wrong, but didnt know!

AND FINALLY !! If you have a problem with either the IRC channel or its owner/operators, why not be a big boy about it and actually come tell us in the channel face to face, rather than sneaking off and making a post about it on the forum thread where no one can really challenge you. At least be a man about it!!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Playin' bongos mofo!
gebbss

Postby gebbss » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Hear hear!
Kris[Euphoria]

Postby Kris[Euphoria] » Fri May 09, 2008 11:36 pm

I can't get the web chat to work... >.<
xbox360922

Postby xbox360922 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Kris[Euphoria] wrote:I can't get the web chat to work... >.<

...Then get mIRC!
Kris[Euphoria]

Postby Kris[Euphoria] » Sat May 10, 2008 12:07 am

I don't wanna get mIRC, that's the thing.

I remember you, I helped you with some things in tech support...
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:18 pm

Mirc/another Real IRC client will give you the largest amount of options/ things you can do with IRC.
Undernets webchat id imagine give your the least. Apparently there is also a IRC/chat thing you can get for firefox. Chatzilla i think its called, quite a few people use that.
The only drawback of using a web based chatprgram is you cant make custom commands like you can in Mirc ( im not saying you cant make them ) but it is a lot easier with Mirc..

BTW why dont you wanna use Mirc?
Last edited by nobby76 on Mon May 12, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Fri May 16, 2008 3:11 pm

Sorry to butt in on this -- but if I download mIRC or other IRC clients, my ass gets a UK Size 10 foot up it.

EDIT: Aaaand I'm getting Timeout errors again.
Last edited by BSRaven on Fri May 16, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Fri May 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Okay, I've been trying to get on to the IRC, I use pidgin for it, and it's asking for a username/screenname, but I don't know where to make one since I don't know where exactly it is hosted.
ohai
lsapg09

Postby lsapg09 » Fri May 16, 2008 5:24 pm

blazingamer wrote:Okay, I've been trying to get on to the IRC, I use pidgin for it, and it's asking for a username/screenname, but I don't know where to make one since I don't know where exactly it is hosted.

you don't make one
Just type Blaze
and [email protected] for Email
I'm Back!!!! :D

Return to “General FOF Discussion”