Fretsonfire IRC channel - Now with added Jurgen-Bot!

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
elcasey

Postby elcasey » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm gonna be a jerk and ask, since FOF is free/open source software, why no one has created a #FOF channel on Freenode...

:cool:
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:38 pm

elcasey wrote:I'm gonna be a jerk and ask, since FOF is free/open source software, why no one has created a #FOF channel on Freenode...

Not a jerk question, but a good one. The answer is: there is no real reason. We just went with Undernet.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
warhol

Postby warhol » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:40 am

warhol wrote:MOAR USERZ PL0X

:(
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:10 pm

elcasey wrote:I'm gonna be a jerk and ask, since FOF is free/open source software, why no one has created a #FOF channel on Freenode...

As NWRU said, its not a jerk question. but there is actually a reason why i went with undernet.
Several people had suggested differetn servers to me, but the problem was most of the ones i looked at, only had 1 or 2 servers, where as Undernet has about 30, which means people have a much better chance of getting on ( and staying on) without a problem from the servers. Plus Undernet is quite relaxed about using Bots and scripts, which is good for me because im running both! :)
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Half active
JazzNick67

Postby JazzNick67 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:59 pm

Anyone have any idea how to enter the IRC channel through SeaMonkey?
If you need me, I'll be on KKF or Brofist Forums. >.<
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:53 am

JazzNick67 wrote:Anyone have any idea how to enter the IRC channel through SeaMonkey?

If SeaMonkey doesn't come with ChatZilla installed already, then you can get that from here.

After that, I can't help you. The server that you want is us.undernet.org, that channel to join after connecting it #FOF-FF, and you can put whatever username you want.

Good luck!
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

FOF-Plagu3

Postby FOF-Plagu3 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 pm

it keeps telling me i got a bad name and all this stuff... i put in a new name and it tells me bad name again, and all this stuff... wont even log me into a server... :(

its telling me i have a bad name, aswell as register first??? AHHHH why me
Last edited by nwru on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half active
JazzNick67

Postby JazzNick67 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:08 am

yay it worked!
If you need me, I'll be on KKF or Brofist Forums. >.<
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:19 am

FOF-Plagu3 wrote:it keeps telling me i got a bad name and all this stuff... i put in a new name and it tells me bad name again, and all this stuff... wont even log me into a server... :(

its telling me i have a bad name, aswell as register first??? AHHHH why me

There's no need to register on Undernet. If mIRC is asking you to register, you don't need to. Otherwise, you could just crack it too.

If you don't like mIRC and you use Firefox, you can try installing the Chatzilla extension. Perhaps that would be easier.

Otherwise, tell us the exact error messages that you're getting.

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:16 am

[1:15 AM] Now connecting to us.undernet.org
[1:15 AM] *** Looking up your hostname
[1:15 AM] *** Checking Ident
[1:15 AM] *** Couldn't look up your hostname
[1:15 AM] *** No ident response
[1:15 AM] *** Ident is broken or disabled, to continue to connect you must type /QUOTE PASS 55157
[1:15 AM] Error 451: vedicardi Register first

That's what I'm getting
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:32 am

What happens if you type /QUOTE PASS (numbers) ?

If using mIRC, in Options > Identd, make sure you have Enable Identd server checked.

Also, see if this helps at all: http://www.undernet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30872

Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:18 pm

[18:15] Connecting...
[18:15] Logging in...
[18:15] -- *** Looking up your hostname
[18:15] -- *** Checking Ident
[18:15] -- *** Found your hostname
[18:15] -- *** No ident response
[18:15] Error : Closing Link: BSRaven by Elsene.Be.Eu.undernet.org (No Authorization - use another server)
[18:15] Disconnected from eu.undernet.org

Any help?

EDIT: Other servers give me this:
[18:22] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

EDIT2: The "Quote Pass <number>" usually results in a "Not connected" notice for me.
Last edited by BSRaven on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grrmisfit

Postby grrmisfit » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:43 pm

BSRaven wrote:[18:15] Connecting...
[18:15] Logging in...
[18:15] -- *** Looking up your hostname
[18:15] -- *** Checking Ident
[18:15] -- *** Found your hostname
[18:15] -- *** No ident response
[18:15] Error : Closing Link: BSRaven by Elsene.Be.Eu.undernet.org (No Authorization - use another server)
[18:15] Disconnected from eu.undernet.org

Any help?

EDIT: Other servers give me this:
[18:22] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

EDIT2: The "Quote Pass <number>" usually results in a "Not connected" notice for me.

java clients are better for those who dont wish to install mirc but really its best to just get mirc. if you want i can pack you up a basic mirc with pnp script ( basic script to protect you without lots of bells and whistles ) or install mirc. if you get the quote pass message just copy and past ethe exact message from /quote on and paste it in. the reason ident usually doesnt work is cause 99% of all firewalls block port 113 for your own saftey. if you get on irc and need more help im a 8 year + vet of irc heh and can be /msg `misfit
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:12 am

the " quote pass xxxx " shouldn't kick you off, it will prbably be something else that happens just after that.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Imppe

Postby Imppe » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:22 am

Dreakon wrote:
nobby76 wrote:There isnt a link, its not a website

irc://undernet.org/FOF-FF

That is normally what the link to an IRC channel would look like. For some reason I can't connect with it though, if anyone wants to correct it.

That's cos the EU server is down, so you have to connect on US server and it doesn't happen itself. :)

Return to “General FOF Discussion”