¬¬¬¬¬¬ FORUM FAQ ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Wed May 14, 2008 6:25 am

deathscythe2 wrote:IndexError: list index out of range

Read my sticky in Tech Support - https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=3;t=19917

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
Oldest Second Banana
TaneMarduk

Postby TaneMarduk » Thu May 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Umm.. not sure if this is available, but I can't find a link to resend the validation email.
It's been close to an hour now and I haven't gotten an email, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where it is or how long this forum usually takes to send them, please?

EDIT: Yes, for clarification, I checked my spam folder. I haven't gotten any mail at all from this forum.

EDIT2: Well, I can now view the songs forum, I didn't do anything. 0.o
Well, my problem was fixed, so don't worry about it. XD
Last edited by TaneMarduk on Thu May 22, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue May 27, 2008 8:01 pm

TaneMarduk wrote:Umm.. not sure if this is available, but I can't find a link to resend the validation email.
It's been close to an hour now and I haven't gotten an email, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where it is or how long this forum usually takes to send them, please?

EDIT: Yes, for clarification, I checked my spam folder. I haven't gotten any mail at all from this forum.

EDIT2: Well, I can now view the songs forum, I didn't do anything. 0.o
Well, my problem was fixed, so don't worry about it. XD

It takes a while to have access to the tune posting section. the other sections you get pretty much straight away, but you have to wait for the songs.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Fuzkeren

Postby Fuzkeren » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:40 pm

Are you kidding me?! These small boxes below the blue boxes are warning things? I haven't done ANYTHING to nobody, and yet i have 3 of those? Is there any way to view what i have done to recieve those?
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Fuzkeren wrote:Are you kidding me?! These small boxes below the blue boxes are warning things? I haven't done ANYTHING to nobody, and yet i have 3 of those? Is there any way to view what i have done to recieve those?

You should receive a message in your inbox each time you get warned. And usually get warned for breaking a rule
Last edited by raph666 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuzkeren

Postby Fuzkeren » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:05 pm

raph666 wrote:
Fuzkeren wrote:Are you kidding me?! These small boxes below the blue boxes are warning things? I haven't done ANYTHING to nobody, and yet i have 3 of those? Is there any way to view what i have done to recieve those?

You should receive a message in your inbox each time you get warned. And usually get warned for breaking a rule

really? i haven't recieved any messages :( And as far as i know i haven't broken any rules? I'll just check them and see if there's something i shouldn't have done..

EDIT: Hmm let's see here.
Rule #1: No racism! = Never
Rule #2: No spamming and don't post useless messages! = Nope
Rule #3: No religious discussion that may be offensive! = Of course not
Rule #4: No double posting! = Noes
Rule #5: No double posting of topics! = No, but not too long ago i accidentally put a "5" in the title of my topic. Got edited by an admin immediatly though. And that shouldn't give a warning.
Rule #6: No mass posting unless it has been 10 minutes inbetween! = No..
Rule #7: No asking questions that are on the boards FAQ! = Hmm i don't think so.
Rule #8: No whining that your warning level was raised! =
Not whining, just asking why i got them, and why i didn't get any messages about it.
Rule #9: No requesting songs in the Tune Posting section! = No, only in topics that says "gief me requext pLx!!!!!1"
Rule #10: No abuse of text formatting! = Nope
Rule #11: No whining about these rules! = No, i think they are great.
Rule #12: No song or modification credit stealing! = I make my songs myself. Don't have to steal anything at all.
Rule #13: No incredibly large signatures! = Just when the rule was made, my sig got truncated. Maybe that gave me a warning, but i seriously couldn't know since the rule was just made.
Rule #14: No advertising! = Of course not, i don't even have anything to advertise for :p

And that pretty much sums it up. But still doesn't change that i have 3 warnings -_-
Last edited by Fuzkeren on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:46 pm

I understand about the Sig that's what I got my first Warining from I got my other one for putting a noob down.... It was when someone thought they'd be cool, by saying they could make a mod with online and stuff.

Oh Well I've learnt my lesson.
Fuzkeren

Postby Fuzkeren » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:11 pm

MarvinPA wrote:I understand about the Sig that's what I got my first Warining from I got my other one for putting a noob down.... It was when someone thought they'd be cool, by saying they could make a mod with online and stuff.

Did you get a message about it?
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:22 am

Fuzkeren wrote:

really? i haven't recieved any messages :( And as far as i know i haven't broken any rules? I'll just check them and see if there's something i shouldn't have done..

Hmm let's see here.
Rule #4: No double posting! = Noes
And that pretty much sums it up. But still doesn't change that i have 3 warnings -_-
Rule #13: No incredibly large signatures! = Just when the rule was made, my sig got truncated. Maybe that gave me a warning, but i seriously couldn't know since the rule was just made.

Looking through your post history, you should have been banned for double posting by now XD :p .

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....d145702

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....d147434

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....d213475

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....d230049

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....d229775

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....id80801

https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....id81586

Lol, and if your signature had been truncated, then you probably would have been warned for having a large sig.

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
Fuzkeren

Postby Fuzkeren » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:08 am

OMG true!! I thought double posting was splitting your post or sentence up in two posts xD Damn.. But thanks for that Blackfate, now i know what i can't do :D
Luvan11

Postby Luvan11 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:11 am

Ok. All of these links to sites that allow you to download songs are killing me :angry: EX: Take the amazing song Freebird. i click on a link to mediafire (and others) and all i get before the download is Find, Save, and cancel. It says it doesn't know the file type. so i save it, and all i get in my FoF songs folder is something that says freebird and a blank icon that, when clicked on, says "Windows cannot open this file" and then asks do you want to use web service to find the appropriate program or select from a program list? HELP!
Last edited by Luvan11 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:38 am

Luvan11 wrote:Ok. All of these links to sites that allow you to download songs are killing me :angry: EX: Take the amazing song Freebird. i click on a link to mediafire (and others) and all i get before the download is Find, Save, and cancel. It says it doesn't know the file type. so i save it, and all i get in my FoF songs folder is something that says freebird and a blank icon that, when clicked on, says "Windows cannot open this file" and then asks do you want to use web service to find the appropriate program or select from a program list? HELP!

Please read the forums rules and the first post of this FAQ:
Q: How do I add songs into FoF?

A: Download a track, this will usually be in *.rar format
Extract the *.rar file, and almost always, the files song.ogg, guitar.ogg, song.ini and notes.mid will be in a folder. If this is not the case then put them in a folder.
Place this folder inside the FretsOnFire/data/songs/ folder and your song will now appear in your song list.

---

Q: How do I extract folders in .zip or .rar format?

A: A good program to extract those files is winrar which you can find here
[url=http://www.win-rar.com/
]http://www.win-rar.com/[/url][/quote]

Rule #7: No asking questions that are on the boards FAQ!
Violation of this rule results in a raise in warning level.
jacheduli

Postby jacheduli » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:34 am

mmsven wrote:
Q: Why can I only use certain key combinations? e.g. Why won't F3 + F4 + Strum (Enter) work together?

A: Keyboards always have certain key combinations that cannot be pressed together. This saves on manufacturing costs as it is very rare that those combos would need to be used (aside from in FoF obviously).
Only way around this is to remap your keys. Usually using 1-5 rather than the F keys works. That, or try switching which key is used to strum.

Ok I've tried what's been suggested above in the FAQ and I still have the same problem :( I'd rather not have to download a mod that would play a fret for me if I can help it....sorry to be bugging the community with this!
mmsven

Postby mmsven » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:26 am

BlackFate wrote:Looking through your post history, you should have been banned for double posting by now XD :p .

Lol, and if your signature had been truncated, then you probably would have been warned for having a large sig.

Mike.

The double posting rule only applies when it hasn't been 10 minutes yet. I guess those 2 rules should be merged.
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:02 am

Fuzkeren wrote:
MarvinPA wrote:I understand about the Sig that's what I got my first Warining from I got my other one for putting a noob down.... It was when someone thought they'd be cool, by saying they could make a mod with online and stuff.

Did you get a message about it?

Yeah,

Raph owned me with "Putting noobs down is un acceptable"

That should be a rule :)

Return to “General FOF Discussion”