¬¬¬¬¬¬ FORUM FAQ ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:21 am

Now I understand the cx_freeze error. It's easy to fix it. It's just your monitor didn't compatible with the resolution you choose when you install the game. Just open the fretsonfire.ini and change the resolution to 1024x768. It's standard resolution. People didn't read the full error description. So, that's why they can't fix it. If you use RFMod or Stock FOF, click run at the start menu(In XP in Vista I don't know)and the type %appdata%/fretsonfire. And then open fretsonfire.ini.
Last edited by acrox999 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
blah.
felixdaman18

Re: ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ FORUM FAQ ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Postby felixdaman18 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:06 pm

I downloaded the thing to fix the CDs white lines. It doesn't work.
Add me on XBL
RebeccaAllysonMorris

Postby RebeccaAllysonMorris » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:38 pm

When Im playing frets on fire some of the keys like wont respond.
like i will be holding in f1 and it will show im hloding it and then it will shouw im not and somtimes they dont work at at and when im playing a song i miss alot of notes because of this :cursing: , any one no whats going on and how i can fix it ?
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:40 pm

RebeccaAllysonMorris wrote:When Im playing frets on fire some of the keys like wont respond.
like i will be holding in f1 and it will show im hloding it and then it will shouw im not and somtimes they dont work at at and when im playing a song i miss alot of notes because of this :cursing: , any one no whats going on and how i can fix it ?

Q: Why can I only use certain key combinations? e.g. Why won't F3 + F4 + Strum (Enter) work together?

A: Keyboards always have certain key combinations that cannot be pressed together. This saves on manufacturing costs as it is very rare that those combos would need to be used (aside from in FoF obviously).
Only way around this is to remap your keys. Usually using 1-5 rather than the F keys works. That, or try switching which key is used to strum.
One way to play 3 note chords is to get RF-Mod and go to player 1 settings and turn on 2 note chords only, You will only have to hold the two outside notes, and the middle will be hit.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

RebeccaAllysonMorris

Postby RebeccaAllysonMorris » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:53 am

Kermit4Prez wrote:
RebeccaAllysonMorris wrote:When Im playing frets on fire some of the keys like wont respond.

Q: Why can I only use certain key combinations? e.g. Why won't F3 + F4 + Strum (Enter) work together?

A: Keyboards always have certain key combinations that cannot be pressed together. This saves on manufacturing costs as it is very rare that those combos would need to be used (aside from in FoF obviously).
Only way around this is to remap your keys. Usually using 1-5 rather than the F keys works. That, or try switching which key is used to strum.
One way to play 3 note chords is to get RF-Mod and go to player 1 settings and turn on 2 note chords only, You will only have to hold the two outside notes, and the middle will be hit.

Thats not what i ment,
i ment with all my notes even when i go to hit one my keys just stop working and randomly work when they want too
like im holding the key in but it doesnt respond only somtimes.
but anyways i fixed it,
i have a wireless keybored and when i turn it upside down the connection isnt strong enough so i had to bring the thing that makes the connecton , i had to bring it closer.. :)
Azzco

Re:

Postby Azzco » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:44 am

acrox999 wrote:Now I understand the cx_freeze error. It's easy to fix it. It's just your monitor didn't compatible with the resolution you choose when you install the game. Just open the fretsonfire.ini and change the resolution to 1024x768. It's standard resolution. People didn't read the full error description. So, that's why they can't fix it. If you use RFMod or Stock FOF, click run at the start menu(In XP in Vista I don't know)and the type %appdata%/fretsonfire. And then open fretsonfire.ini.

Err, cx_freeze, resolution?

Nope not even remotely related to each other. cx freeze is used to "freeze" python code into executaböles (i.e. mostly you expect so ee a .exe file when you want to start something not all the source files). I have no idea why that works for you though...
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Re: ¬¬¬¬¬¬ FORUM FAQ ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Postby Kermit4Prez » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:20 pm

I suggest adding this:

Why can't I map my yellow drum key?

Chances are, you have the guitar keys mapped to a plastic controller. Whenever you try and press the yellow pad on your drums, FoF thinks you're canceling out of the key selection. To fix this, you need to map your guitar's second fret to something else.

People keep asking this question over and over again.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

cubesolver

Postby cubesolver » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Can we play the downloaded songs on the PS3 Guitar hero world tour / rockband?
celal

Postby celal » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:57 am

hi. i have question for foFix. If i run foFix , there are sounds but not seem anything. Only blank screen. What can i do for this problem. Thanks
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:00 am

celal wrote:hi. i have question for foFix. If i run foFix , there are sounds but not seem anything. Only blank screen. What can i do for this problem. Thanks

search.php?keywords=fofix+black+screen&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Dandy23x

Re:

Postby Dandy23x » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:51 am

R09 wrote:Thank you so much

gracias amigo :tongue:
Maeve7855

Postby Maeve7855 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:36 am

g We're thrilled to have you join us on this journey. Whether you're here to connect, learn, share, or simply explore, you've found a place where curiosity thrives and diverse perspectives are celebrated.

At our core, we believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and empowered to contribute. Together, we'll embark on discussions, exchange ideas, and inspire one another to reach new heights.

So, whether you're a seasoned member or a newcomer, know that your presence enriches our collective experience. Feel free to dive in, ask questions, and engage with fellow members. Together, we'll create meaningful connections and cultivate a vibrant community where growth and learning are constant companions.

Thank you for choosing to be a part of our community. Here's to the exciting journey ahead!"

Return to “General FOF Discussion”